Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandBrendaPA View Post
    We have only been to CN 5 times
    I can't wait till my wife and I can say we have only been to couples 5 times!! We have been twice, with our first trip to CSS and our second a split between CSS and CN. Loved both of them and can't wait to get back!! Next trip in 31 days to CSS and another one planned for April 2016 to CSS or CN

Isn't the restaurant Palazzina the main buffet? Are the other restaurants going to compensate for it being closed? I have never been to this resort so I have no clue which restaurants are which.

I can say that I'm actually pleased with how Couples has handled this...let me explain...
    This will be our first visit to a Couples resort. We almost booked in 2009 but we went with a different chain. I did love our other home...really, really did - because of the people we met there. During our annual visit 2 years ago in October there were rumors of our other place being sold. We asked straight forward questions and got the run around. That summer we found out our resort was sold and was going to be family friendly. While that is ok for some, we just want an adult vacation...so we were disappointed. A lot of people were and we let the new owners know. They responded and kept the resort adults only...flash forward to 2014. While we were there we heard A LOT of buzz about the resort being closed, torn down and re-branded as a family friendly resort. Again, we asked direct questions and got no answers. We have a couple friend of ours that has been going to this resort for 2 weeks at a time twice a year who know the manager quite well and they got the run around...we always got the run around. We chalked it up to the culture, part of 'Island Time' but to the extreme.

Now, now our 'home' is being torn down and rebranded as a family friendly resort. Where the clothing optional side was will have a splash pad and kids club...and it will be expanded to take over some of the best natural cliffs and reefs I've ever seen...it's sad.

Why am I sharing this? Because, to me, this renovation at CSS isn't that big of a deal. They are closing some rooms in a time when the resort isn't full to update them. I'm not sure how else they would have time to renovate if they didn't close for a while. On top of that, they are giving credits and options. Additional note...I had to ask a few questions of the people at Couples and I had answers the same day, sometimes within hours...I've never gotten that before from our old resort or other chains I had contacted. I understand being concerned...I even understand the frustration with changing travel plans, I do...but your resort is still going to be there. They are doing updates...things people would eventually complain about if they didn't do them...they aren't closing the resort as you know it to make it something different. If you are planning on going back, you aren't going to have to find a whole new home.

I know you can't make everyone happy all the time and there is always damned if you do/damned if you don't. I think my perspective is different because my 'home' is going away forever, all I have is memories. That being said, I'm really excited to make a new 'home'. Years ago I remember saying to my husband about Couples, "I'll be sad if we don't go there." but it wasn't meant to be then...it all came full circle.
    Sandi

A humble suggestion. Could SSB remain open since it is on a separate area on the property and has it's own semiprivate road? A shuttle from CTI for displaced guests to enjoy SSB for the day would be greatly appreciated. I would expect you might need to have a guard by the road to prevent any guests from wondering off onto the construction area but that does not seem hard to do.

From management....

For those of you who will be visiting CSS between August 15th and October 31st, when the Palazzina restaurant and One Bedroom Beachfront Suites are closed, you'll be happy to hear that we do have new updates for restaurant service in order to offset the loss of the Palazzina during this time:
    Bella Vista, the Beach Grill and the Sunset Beach Grill will operate without any adjustment.
    Casanova Restaurant will serve breakfast and lunch featuring partial a la carte service augmented by a buffet station.
    For dinner, the interior of Casanova will feature the restaurants customary menus while the Casanova Terrace will feature the menus customarily featured at Palazzina Restaurant.
    Also, there are no plans to alter the Beach party or the Gala nights during the partial opening.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyCow View Post
    Isn't the restaurant Palazzina the main buffet? Are the other restaurants going to compensate for it being closed? I have never been to this resort so I have no clue which restaurants are which.
    This is the same question I have. This seems like it won't be too much of a burden for us, we are looking at the very tail end of October so hopefully it'll just be finishing touches, as in non-noisy construction. The biggest issue is we are wondering what is going to happen for food. Palazzina looks to be the only breakfast option and kind of the main locale.

Thanks!

double post...deleted
    Last edited by mrsavoigt; March 24th, 2015 at 01:30 PM.

FWIW, more information from my travel agent:

Please let me know if you want to stay at Couples Sans Souci or would like for me to look into moving you to another Couples property. Just keep in mind that if you do move, Couples is moving you to a room that is the same pricing as your original one, not the same type of room you booked already, so you may be downgraded depending on which Couples property you pick. Also, clients that move to another Couples resort will lose their original $300 Resort Credit (if they booked under that promotion) as well as the $200 San Souci renovations Resort Credit.

After 8/14/15, the Beachfront rooms will be undergoing cosmetic changes as all heavy construction will be taking place between 7/9 & 8/14. Couples has advised that construction noise will be non-existent in October and the Beachfront rooms may be opened up earlier than expected.

As for the Palazzina restaurant closure, Couples recently advised:

“For those who will be visiting CSS between August 15th and October 31st, we do have new updates for restaurant service in order to offset the loss of the Palazzina during this time:

Bella Vista, the Beach Grill and the Sunset Beach Grill will operate without any adjustment.

Casanova Restaurant will serve breakfast and lunch featuring partial a la carte service augmented by a buffet station.

For dinner, the interior of Casanova will feature the restaurants customary menus while the Casanova Terrace will feature the menus customarily featured at Palazzina Restaurant. Also, there are no plans to alter the Beach party or the Gala nights during the partial opening.”

For those who will be there between August 15th and October 31st, you have no worries. All facilities will be open other than the Pallazzina on the main beach. As a bonus, they will be keeping the martini bar open 7 nights a week, and they will be doing afternoon tea and cocktail at the balloon Bar every day. Considering that the resort will be basically at 1/2 occupancy and the dining options will be cut by only 1/3, getting service and seating will be extremely easy.
    Boomer48, they will not be opening SSB during the closure for guests. Sorry. There will be no guests at the resort between July 9th and August 14th.

I am surprised that folks who want to change Resort are losing their $300 credit (per nudebeach post) as the change stems from Couples deciding to do renovation work. People take a lot of time deciding which Resort to visit and spend their hard earned money and time. I'm sure they expect all the facilities to be available.

Bruce and Brenda,
    I hope you enjoy your vacation as well but.....did you know that the Grand Lido resort next door is being torn down starting May 1st. Then new construction
    to start. CN has buildings just 50 feet from the Grand Lido property line....Good Luck

blueseagolf,
    Just as Jimmy Buffett would say,
    JUST ANOTHER SHITTY DAY IN PARADISE.
    A shitty day at Couples is still better than a shitty any place else!
    If we are lucky they are making room to expand CN!

I heard the construction at Grand Lido is right next to the AN beach. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by MJandCS View Post
    I heard the construction at Grand Lido is right next to the AN beach. Is this true?
    Grand Lido is/was right next to the AN beach at CN. That being said, there is a fairly substantial row of hedges and trees. Likely not enough to keep out all the noise but enough to reduce it some and to keep the workers from being right on top of the beach.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Let me just say there is a big difference between what Couples policy is on the relocation and what a Travel Agents policy is.
    And to add additional layers, we booked with a travel agent who booked through a wholesaler. What the TA was offering was very different from what Couples stated would be done to accommodate affected guests.
    Couples was extremely helpful in sorting things out.

Having the same issue, We booked a Beachfront suit at CSS and have only been offered an Atrium room at CSA or a ocean view at CTI which come in £400- £800 less than what you pay for a beachfront suite. Hope they sort this out soon

Quote Originally Posted by John D View Post
    Having the same issue, We booked a Beachfront suit at CSS and have only been offered an Atrium room at CSA or a ocean view at CTI which come in £400- £800 less than what you pay for a beachfront suite. Hope they sort this out soon
    You need to call Couples and get them to address it. It won't just happen on it's own.

Wow - found out about the closing of CSS back around March 10 or so, called Expedia on the 20th, as well as Couples, both several times. Was reassured by Andrea and Garfield that I was all set, and Expedia tells me that they aren't sending a new itinerary since if they cancel, I'll not get the credit. Garfield provided a different confirm# to provide at check in at Negril, and I thought I was all set.

Until yesterday, when I got an email saying that CSS would be closed and I needed to reschedule or go to another Couples resort. An hour later, I have a new confirmation. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope they have a room when I show up in August!

I have just booked a visit at the end of August via Thomson in UK. I caught a rumour of site works and the closure of certain parts of the resort after I had booked so checked with Thomson. They say that they have not been notified of any works. Anyone able to give an up to date heads up?
    I would be particularly interested to hear from any seasoned CSS travellers who may have an idea of the likely impact upon a vacation at the resort during this period. I do not want to try and cancel my booking because we have heard such great reports about the hotel. However, it is a costly gamble which I do not want to get wrong. There are plenty of other fantastic places to visit. Someone please satisfy me that it is not too risky to go whilst the renovation works are under way.

Mufty,

The resort will be fully closed from July 9th until August 14th, and reopening on August 15th, so that work crews can complete the demolition of the beachfront suites and the Pallazzina restaurant. It is not a complete demolition, more like a heavy makeover. The resort will be open as usual for guests from August 15th on, with the rebuild happening between then and October 31st.
    Rebuilding will be much more non invasive than the demolition, and your vacation will be fine. Couples has provided alternatives for dining during the time you will be there, along with a couple of extras that are not usually available, such as the martini bar being open 7 days a week and afternoon tea and cocktails being served at the Balloon Bar.
    When you are there, the resort will be at half capacity, but the staff will be at full capacity, so service and restaurant reservations will be much easier to come by.
    Go and enjoy your vacation. It will be a time to remember.

I hope they are designing the Pallazzina to be more roomy and airy. The inside area for the buffets is so small and the inside always seems so dark. The outside seating is very nice. We are coming back next April and are excited to see the new restaurant and the Beachfront rooms, which we have booked. Hopefully you will post pictures when everything is completed.

BrendaandBruce.PA,

The plans for the Pallazina is to totally redo the inside, with a whole new buffet set up, which will be much more user friendly, and a completely new kitchen with all new appliances.
    I have been trying to get some insight as to what they plan to do, but they are keeping a very tight lid on that one. I will be there the end of September and will report back here.

novastar... Thanks for the response. Can't wait to hear what is going on. We are leaving this Friday for CN. We were booked for CSS but Oh well. We love CN also.

By November everything should be done I hope. This will be our first trip to a couples resort and we split the time between css& csa. A week at each. I'm really hoping for a great resort experience. I do have a question about css. How long of a ride is it to scotchies? And is a private cab the best way to go? Thanks....

beach Bar Bum,

Scotchies is about a ten minute cab ride away from CSS. Well worth it for sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast