Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 99
  1. #1

    Default Construction at CSS

    Ill be staying at CSS end of May thru first week in June. I heard that there will be construction in some of the beachfront rooms. That is the room that I purchased. I do not want to be anywhere near construction nor hear it on my vacation. Does anyone know when it is supposed to start? Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    The construction does not start until July 9th.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    374
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Please see below posted by Dean Sullivan-VP Sales & Marketing

    Couples Resorts
    Posted by Dean Sullivan


    Today we announced a multi-million dollar renovation project at Couples Sans Souci focusing on our One Bedroom Beachfront Suites along with the Palazzina restaurant.
    This will be a complete transformation and Couples Sans Souci will close from July 9th through August 14th. The resort will reopen on August 15th while Palazzina will remain closed until October 31st.
    We recognize that some may have existing travel plans that are affected by this announcement and, working with our travel agent partners and directly with our guests, we will be reaching out with a number of different options best suited for each couple’s individual needs. Please call 1-855-242-5683 or your travel professional for additional information.
    These are very exciting times at Couples and is just the latest in a string of investment and renovations across all four properties. Look for additional updates from Couples Sans Souci in the coming weeks.

    https://www.facebook.com/couples/posts/838498736204279
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

  4. #4

    Default Dvlymer

    [QUOTE=dclymer9;262643]Ill be staying at CSS end of May thru first week in June. I heard that there will be construction in some of the beachfront rooms. That is the room that I purchased. I do not want to be anywhere near construction nor hear it on my vacation. Does anyone know when it is supposed to start? Thanks![/QUOTE

    We will be there at the same time.
    Mssg us if interested
    Bcoffman2@gmail.com

  5. #5

    Default

    Great! Thank you for the info. This will be my first time at a Couples resort. Do you recommend the beach front rooms?

  6. #6

    Default

    Just spoke to an agent from Couples. The Beachfront suites will not be available until November. So its not just Palazzina that's closed per above.

  7. #7

    Default

    Michelle
    When CSS reopens in August, what are the plans for breakfast and lunch service, since Palazzina will remain closed until Oct. 31st? And, As far as the rest of the resort, will it all be up and running as usual? Thank you for addressing my concerns as we will arrive October 3-10.

  8. #8

    Default

    Just my humble opinion...

    As of July 9th, the resort will be closed to all guests. From July 9th to August 14th, they will be demolishing the rooms in A and B block, as well as the Pallazina restaurant. The Pallazzina will be completely redone including a whole new kitchen. The demolition is very extensive, and very disturbing, and that is why they decided to close the resort altogether.
    On August 15th, the resort will reopen, with all rooms on the cliffs, which are D, E, F, and G blocks to guests. All amenities such as Casanova, the spa, the water sports, Bella Vista, SSB, and so on, will be open as per usual. They still have not decided as to where breakfast will be served, but to me, the best place for breakfast is on my balcony. There may be some disturbance from the re-construction for those who prefer the main beach area during the day, but it will be minimal, and far less intrusive than the demolition phase. There are no plans to alter location for either the Gala or beach party, so they should both be as normal.
    On November 1st, all rooms, and all restaurants will be open fully. There may at some point be the availability of beachfront rooms prior to November 1st, but that will depend on the progress of construction, which at this point is impossible to predict, so for now, do not count on any beachfront availability prior to November 1st.

    I hope this makes things a bit clearer.

  9. #9

    Default

    $300 resort credit and a move to another resort just isn't enough. It's actually laughable for such a high end resort chain.

  10. #10

    Default

    Not trying to be insensitive to anyone else's vacation plans as information has already been posted for those affected to contact Couples or their travel agent.
    .
    The nagging questions I have had about this are - What happens to our beloved CSS staff that make our vacations so wonderful? Do they get moved to temporary construction positions? Do they get the opportunity to do some other "downtime" sort of job/maintenance at the resort? Do they get to go fill a temporary position at one of the other Couples resorts to give other staff time off? Do they get to go do inservice training or continuing education during the downtime? Do they get paid leave? Unpaid leave?
    .
    Sorry, too many questions, I know, right?

  11. #11

    Default

    Good questions Splash Monkey. My question might seem a bit off to some, but...

    What about the cats at CSS? I hope that not having a resort full of guests (and some treats that some may provide them) won't impact them too much.

  12. #12

    Default

    Splash Monkey, someone asked the same questions regarding staff on the CSS Fans FB Page. It was shared there that staff would be taken care of during the closure, although no specifics were given.

  13. #13

    Default

    Newbie34, what do you think would be suitable compensation in this case? Having enjoyed all four resorts, I would be fine with the $300 and a choice of alternative resorts. Of course, that's just my opinion. It's not an ideal situation but its not like they're shipping people off to an R or S hotel! I do look forward to our 2016 trip to check out the improvements.

  14. #14

    Default

    I talked to one of my friends that is a temporary staff member and he said that the Temps wouldn't be working but the regular staff would be.

  15. #15

    Default

    FWIW, I received this from my travel agent yesterday:

    With regard to your upcoming stay at Couples Sans Souci Resort, Travel Impressions has been advised by the hotel that renovations will continue on the Palazzina Restaurant and the 1 BR BCF Suites through 10/31/15. The hotel will be closed from July 9- August 14th for renovations but will re-open August 15th. The following options are offered as a result of this inconvenience:

    Clients scheduled to be at Couples Sans Souci between August 15th and October 30th will remain at Couples Sans Souci and receive a $200 Resort Credit as compensation for the Palazzina restaurant closure and room category change (if currently booked in One Bedroom Beachfront Suite-Clients will be protected in a 1BR OCN STE and receive a refund, based on availability at the time of the relocation request).

    Clients preferring not to be at Couples Sans Souci between August 15th and October 30th will be offered relocation to an alternate available Couples property, in a comparably priced room category but will not receive the $200.00 Resort Credit. Or clients may reschedule their dates to travel after October 30th, both without compensation and should contact Reservations for rates and availability.

  16. #16

    Default

    Gary and Patti,
    Given that this would have been my last stay at Couples for at least 3 years, that I've had the reservation since July 14, that I splurged a bit and went penthouse suite, and the resort saw fit to give 4 months notice on a trip I booked 8 months ago, and airline tickets I bought 4 months ago, and it would cost $1000 in airline change and higher ticket cost...how bout the resort offers 50% off my current trip or 50% off the next one. After all, they aren't providing what I agreed to spend money on. In simple parlance, I signed a contract to pay x for y, not x for z, y is not equal to z. I paid for a platinum F150 and got a Lariat F150. Need I go on?

  17. #17

    Default

    Clients preferring not to be at Couples Sans Souci between August 15th and October 30th will be offered relocation to an alternate available Couples property, in a comparably priced room category but will not receive the $200.00 Resort Credit. Or clients may reschedule their dates to travel after October 30th, both without compensation and should contact Reservations for rates and availability.

    *You can change resorts, but I was told when I tried to change that I would be charged at the current rate of the resort picked with no credit (I booked directly through Couples). This was upsetting, because we book 12 months in advance, and the rates have increased at all resorts. So we have no choice but to stay where we are or pay an additional $600 or more. We have also booked airfare, so changing travel plans is not an option.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NudeBeach View Post
    FWIW, I received this from my travel agent yesterday:

    With regard to your upcoming stay at Couples Sans Souci Resort, Travel Impressions has been advised by the hotel that renovations will continue on the Palazzina Restaurant and the 1 BR BCF Suites through 10/31/15. The hotel will be closed from July 9- August 14th for renovations but will re-open August 15th. The following options are offered as a result of this inconvenience:

    Clients scheduled to be at Couples Sans Souci between August 15th and October 30th will remain at Couples Sans Souci and receive a $200 Resort Credit as compensation for the Palazzina restaurant closure and room category change (if currently booked in One Bedroom Beachfront Suite-Clients will be protected in a 1BR OCN STE and receive a refund, based on availability at the time of the relocation request).

    Clients preferring not to be at Couples Sans Souci between August 15th and October 30th will be offered relocation to an alternate available Couples property, in a comparably priced room category but will not receive the $200.00 Resort Credit. Or clients may reschedule their dates to travel after October 30th, both without compensation and should contact Reservations for rates and availability.
    Not to be insensitive or otherwise detract from the very real disappointment for all concerned, however, can anyone confirm that these (possible) rescheduled guests of CSS into the month of November will not in anyway bump other guests already booked in the One Bedroom OceanView Suites? We've had that happen to us already after a hurricane, once, and they had to re-locate Penthouse Suite guests into a few of the One Bedroom OceanView Suites, while the Penthouse Suites were being repaired.

  19. #19

    Default

    GardenGal: I was wondering the same thing. We arrive at CSS Nov 17th after a week at CTI. I know construction does not always go as planned and I think my plan will be to wait an ask management if the resort is back to normal before we transfer. We have never been to CSS so this will be our first time there. I guess we could use the 1 day resort pass and check it out for ourselves before we start phase II of our vacation. November is not full capacity season so we will take the wait and see attitude... Counting down the days 235 to go!
    Julie & Ric (Rhode Island)
    COR 1998, 2000, CN 2008, 2009, CSA 2013, CSA 2014, CTI 2015, CSS 2015, CSA 2016

  20. #20

    Default

    The estimated completion date of October 31st is not a pipe dream estimate. They have allowed some extra time for the unforeseen delays that tend to plague pretty much every renovation project, no matter what part of the world you live in.
    Those that have booked for after November 1st will not be bumped. As JulRic stated, November is not a full capacity month ever, so there will be plenty of room for everyone. Heck, you may even see us there as well.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    Clients preferring not to be at Couples Sans Souci between August 15th and October 30th will be offered relocation to an alternate available Couples property, in a comparably priced room category but will not receive the $200.00 Resort Credit. Or clients may reschedule their dates to travel after October 30th, both without compensation and should contact Reservations for rates and availability.

    *You can change resorts, but I was told when I tried to change that I would be charged at the current rate of the resort picked with no credit (I booked directly through Couples). This was upsetting, because we book 12 months in advance, and the rates have increased at all resorts. So we have no choice but to stay where we are or pay an additional $600 or more. We have also booked airfare, so changing travel plans is not an option.

    Yeah, I feel that we got the short end of the stick as well. I do not mean to sound callous, but the ones who aren't as bothered by it seem to be the ones who have travel to Couples all the time. I am glad that you are able to do that and do not hold that against you, but I wonder if it were more of a financial burden to you if you would be more bothered by the inconvenience.
    I do not have the financial means to travel to Jamaica that often and we are only able to do so after saving for quite some time. If I knew I would be going back next year I would not care in the least at the change of plans In fact I would be glad to be forced out of my comfort zone. Like Newbie 34 said up there, I paid for a Ford Platinum edition and got the Lariat.

  22. #22

    Default

    Newbie34, I totally understand your frustration and really was wondering what you would think was suitable and you made good points. I didn't mean to sound critical of your post. I hope the situation works out for you. For us, the offered compensation would be ok as we go to CSS in the spring and CN over Labor Day week. I realize others have different situations and it is a drag which plans are upset. What are you thinking you'll do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie34 View Post
    Gary and Patti,
    Given that this would have been my last stay at Couples for at least 3 years, that I've had the reservation since July 14, that I splurged a bit and went penthouse suite, and the resort saw fit to give 4 months notice on a trip I booked 8 months ago, and airline tickets I bought 4 months ago, and it would cost $1000 in airline change and higher ticket cost...how bout the resort offers 50% off my current trip or 50% off the next one. After all, they aren't providing what I agreed to spend money on. In simple parlance, I signed a contract to pay x for y, not x for z, y is not equal to z. I paid for a platinum F150 and got a Lariat F150. Need I go on?

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
    Yeah, I feel that we got the short end of the stick as well. I do not mean to sound callous, but the ones who aren't as bothered by it seem to be the ones who have travel to Couples all the time. I am glad that you are able to do that and do not hold that against you, but I wonder if it were more of a financial burden to you if you would be more bothered by the inconvenience.
    I do not have the financial means to travel to Jamaica that often and we are only able to do so after saving for quite some time. If I knew I would be going back next year I would not care in the least at the change of plans In fact I would be glad to be forced out of my comfort zone. Like Newbie 34 said up there, I paid for a Ford Platinum edition and got the Lariat.
    Alexa, we've been to CSS once last October; first vacation together in 17yrs. Loved it so much we booked immediately upon returning, we pay our TA weekly for the trip, booked an Oceanfront Suite, upgrade from a Verandah suite last year. Because we booked in Nov, on sale, we got a great deal. Now we're bumped down to Ocean suite; we received a room credit of $225 and a resort credit of $200; which matches the current sale prices. I'm good with that.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadofsprout5 View Post
    Alexa, we've been to CSS once last October; first vacation together in 17yrs. Loved it so much we booked immediately upon returning, we pay our TA weekly for the trip, booked an Oceanfront Suite, upgrade from a Verandah suite last year. Because we booked in Nov, on sale, we got a great deal. Now we're bumped down to Ocean suite; we received a room credit of $225 and a resort credit of $200; which matches the current sale prices. I'm good with that.
    You've got a terrific attitude! Head's up, though! You may just end up loving the Ocean Suite (is it the One Bedroom Ocean Suite?)
    Plus, hope you've signed up for the Romance Rewards program. If you haven't yet, perhaps they will still award you last years nights to be included (I'd call them to find out). If so, then this trip will include the following rewards for you:

    YOUNG LOVE [6-13 NIGHTS STAYED]
    Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange (10am- 4pm) with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance.
    Couples t-shirts
    Invitation to the Repeat Guest Dinner (one invitation per stay)
    $100 Resort credit*
    Couples' departure gift


    Cheers!

  25. #25

    Default

    Newble34
    Get off your soap box and enjoy Couples. If you care to check the Delux Beachfront room at CN is actually MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE PENTHOUSE ROOM AT CSS. Believe me you are not missing anything. We have been to CSS 5 times and we were in the Penthouse and went back to the beachfront.
    We have many personal friends at CSS and we will miss all of them has well as the rest of our Couples family there. The good news is we were able to get a beachfront at CN. We have only been to CN 5 times and have an extended family there that we can't wait to visit.
    Couples always tries its best to take care of their family and some people will complain about the noise of the improvements so as not to cause you that problem at an extreme expense to the Resort they consider what most guests would want. A quiet time to share the love and the tranquil serenity that Couples is known for.
    We will be at CN 10-18 July. Relax and enjoy your vacation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •