Default First time at Couples....be the in 22 days!!!

I am so excited to be heading to CSA in less than a month. I have never been to Jamaica and neither of us has been to a Couples resort. In the past few years, we have been going to Mexico, which I love but decided to try something different. I am totally a planner but have come to realize with a beach vacation, that most of my plans go out the window, as we love to be on the beach and swim in the ocean and the lull of the sand....well, you all know how is.

Having wrote that, I do like to go for walks on the beach and would like to stop in at random places for a drink, along the way. Can anyone recommend particular places or does the beach have lots of local joints, so it is just a matter of choosing what looks interesting? When we were in Bucerias, Mexico, it was so cool to just go to a random bar on the beach and get a bucket of beers for about $10. We may only do this once but looking for any hidden gems.

Also, we are only there for a week and being as it is our first Couples visit, is it worth spending the day at the sister property? Or should we just save that for a future visit so we can really take the time to relax and enjoy CSA. We don't plan to do any excursions, except what is offered at CSA (i.e. catamaran, snorkeling).

Thanks for all advice! So excited!!
    Alissa

There are many little bars down the beach to stop at but I don't remember names. As far as the trading places to cn,it took us 3 or 4 trips to try it. Is it worth it? Yes it's a really nice perk to see another resort for free . Sand gravity usually gets the best of us . Have a great trip, you're going to love csa.

There are lots of small bars (and, of course, Margaritaville) to the south of CSA (as you are facing the sea, turn left to go south). You won't find a bucket of beers for $10, though. Jamaica is a bit more pricey than Mexico. We did an off-site bar tour on our last trip in January. Bob was in search of Dragon Stout. The cheapest we found them was $2.50/bottle. Red Stripe will be priced similarly, but it's hard to pay for Red Stripe off resort, when you can get all you want on the resort.

We have done the trading places. My suggestion would be to go ahead and sign up for it when you arrive (spaces do fill up). Then if you decide that you can't bear to leave CSA, you can cancel ahead of time. We liked the huge swim up bar at CN, which is very different than the pool scene at CSA.

We never traded places when we were at CTI in 2013, and don't plan to do it on this trip to CN. Since we had never been to either resort before, we figured there was so much to do at the one where we were staying, that we would just plan on relaxing there. We were right. I don't know how we would have fit it in at CTI - and guess it would be the same for this trip. If we repeat a resort, then maybe, yes....

Nancy

We will be on trip #3 to CSA in November. We have never done trading places with CN but plan on it this trip. Yes, plenty of bars and little shops when you go down the beach (to the left as you are facing the water) but they have about the same view as CSA and CSA is already paid for. Especially for a first trip let the vibe of the sand and surf direct you.

One love

Alissa - we'll also be there in 22 days! It's our first trip to CSA but not to Couples or Jamaica. Since we've been to CN a few times already, we won't do the Trading Places but, CN is beaufitul and you won't regret going

Maybe we'll see you there!

Alissa,
    We have been to Mexico as well but once you hit 7 mile beach you may never want to leave. I may be wrong but this being your first visit to a Couples Resort I do not believe you are eligible for a "free" Trading Spaces Day. That is a repeat visitor perk, it may be available, just not free
    Mick

Blueseagolf - trading places is available for anyone who signs up in advance for Romance Rewards. It is not limited to repeat guests.

Quote Originally Posted by blueseagolf View Post
    Alissa,
    We have been to Mexico as well but once you hit 7 mile beach you may never want to leave. I may be wrong but this being your first visit to a Couples Resort I do not believe you are eligible for a "free" Trading Spaces Day. That is a repeat visitor perk, it may be available, just not free
    Mick
    Trading Places is NOT a repeaters perk. The only prerequisite is to be a member of the Romance Rewards Program. Sign up for that here: http://couples.com/romance-rewards/ .
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Alissa,
    Mick
    I believe it's free as long as you are a Romance Rewards member. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Chris & Cindy (FL)
    CTI - July 2015
    CTI - July 2016

Alissa,
    Mick
    Trading Places is available to Romance Reward members on their first visit...

FIRST LOVE [0-5 NIGHTS PREVIOUSLY STAYED]
    Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange (10am- 4pm) with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance. (10am- 4pm)
    Invitation to the Repeat Guests Dinner on all your repeat visits.