Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CSS Peninsula

Hats off to VA Couple for bringing this situation to light!!

Okay...for those who've recently been there, that's where they used to have the beach volleyball! Is beach volleyball still offered? Really looking forward to a good game in 10 days!!

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
    This is the only photo I could find... not sure if this is the fence the other poster was talking about...

Attachment 22927
    What is that structure right on the other side of the fence from watersports?
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13
    CSS 4/12-4/24/15

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    That is the new structure the owners of the land have built. Basically a cement pad with a roof over top. Saw no action around the structure when we were there for 9 days, but did notice worker working on the structures up the driveway just beofre the entrance to the AN beach.
    Just as a note to everyone, this land is privately owned. Couples has made offers to purchase, but the owners have refused. You can't blame Couples for not commenting or allowing this to happen.... It is out of their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    That's the bar.

Here's a question...where did the beach volleyball area go? We will be there in 3 days and have been looking forward to a good game with other guests and the Water Sports/entertainment guys/gals. Please tell us we won't be disappointed.

We were there in December and they stopped the beach Volleyball, because of the new fence.

Thanks for the update ice_blue48!! As disappointing as this news is at least we know what to expect before we get there.

Does anyone have any new feedback regarding the noise or activity of the new public bar next to CSS? We're concerned a public bar would take away from the serenity of the cove. It's so peaceful on CSS's main beach, we hope the new neighboring bar and it's patrons are going unnoticed. Please comment if you know!

10 days from arrival, just reading this now. �� too late to switch properties.

My husband and I just returned from CSS. There was no noise from the bar. In fact there was just a structure on the other side of the new fence. No public people, no alcohol, no music no public bar.
    as for now I think you can relax and have a great time. )

We just left CSS yesterday, and as of then, the building still looks only partially finished. We only heard a saw being used one day. Most of the time that we looked, it was empty. A couple times, we saw people sitting on its front porch area (including what looked like a Couples watersports person). A few times as we walked past the back side of it by A block, we could smell ganja. I took a few pictures of it from the beach, and will post them on here later
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

I note that this thread has not had any updates since the 4th May. Can anyone comment on how this new building/fence is affecting (or not) the couples vibe?

We were there this Spring and it didn't impact us at all; however, it didn't look like anything was happening at the property either...

Here is a picture from the beach.

Name:  P1010959.jpg
Views: 2389
Size:  299.4 KB

We were there june 3- 9 stayed in a block B no issues for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    We just left CSS yesterday, and as of then, the building still looks only partially finished. We only heard a saw being used one day. Most of the time that we looked, it was empty. A couple times, we saw people sitting on its front porch area (including what looked like a Couples watersports person). A few times as we walked past the back side of it by A block, we could smell ganja. I took a few pictures of it from the beach, and will post them on here later

Looking forward to your photos!
    We, too, came home around this time. We saw the fence and talked to the sports/activity personnel about the property. Apparently, the owners who live in New York (?) have decided to build a guest house on the property for personal family gatherings. Plus, for additional revenue, they built a sheltered structure on the beach, as sort of a bar, and are planning to host or rent the property out as a "private venue". When I made mention that it sounded like what Bryan Adams' property (beside the Hibiscus Cottage) was being used for ~ rented out as a "venue" ~ the staff member laughed and said... "hahaha, ya mon... just not as posh as all that!"

We are currently at CSS lots of noise from that area during the day over the past couple of days, may be a little annoying if you are in the nearest block.

We are in block G so can only hear it when we are in / near the pool so I can't comment on what time it commences.

We saw this fence in October 2014 when we were there but knew nothing of what was going on! Now we return in December for NYE and I surely hope the tranquility is still there. We come from Las Vegas NV and have young kids, we love being able to nap on the beach and take late night walks around the resort. I hope all this isn't ruined by the owners of the peninsula. It's why we return to CSS year after year because it's slow paced, relaxing, and quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by CM318 View Post
    We saw this fence in October 2014 when we were there but knew nothing of what was going on! Now we return in December for NYE and I surely hope the tranquility is still there. We come from Las Vegas NV and have young kids, we love being able to nap on the beach and take late night walks around the resort. I hope all this isn't ruined by the owners of the peninsula. It's why we return to CSS year after year because it's slow paced, relaxing, and quiet!
    We were there memorial week. 3-4 days there were between 6-10 kids ages 3-15 or so out there and in the water. Pretty noisy at times
    Go to SSB...

Quote Originally Posted by brent sabrina View Post
    We were there memorial week. 3-4 days there were between 6-10 kids ages 3-15 or so out there and in the water. Pretty noisy at times
    Go to SSB...
    Wow, that is a concern. We go to CSS precisely for the quiet setting and love the main pool. Don't want to hear a bunch of kids yelling all day, not to mention a bunch of adults carrying on in the evening either as our favourite restaurant is on the beach. YIKES! Has anyone been there in July who could add any news?

Thinking of booking San Souci for the fourth time for this March. Are there any updates on the building or use of this facility?

We returned from CSS a few weeks ago. Never heard a peep from over there. We saw two guys working on something one morning, but other than that, was no issue. Honestly, if I didn't know something was going on (from this board) I would have had no idea anything had changed.

Quote Originally Posted by emilee View Post
    Thinking of booking San Souci for the fourth time for this March. Are there any updates on the building or use of this facility?
    we arrive at CSS next Friday, friends are currently there and tell us construction is on schedule; meaning, Both A & B buildings, as well as the Pallazina restaurant will be completely renovated for reopening on November 1st.

Default Very concerned -

Quote Originally Posted by ice_blue48 View Post
    We were there in December and they stopped the beach Volleyball, because of the new fence.

We love the peace and tranquility of Sans Souci....to think that there will be loud parties and kids right next to us on the beach is very disconcerting. Has anyone recently been at CSS noticed activity at the peninsula and the fenced-off area of the main beach?

We were there last month and no issued from the neighbors. There were a few people swimming off the beach but no noise. I wish Couples could buy the property.

Life is good

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast