Thread: Insulated Cup

Default Insulated Cup

Hello,
    Would you be able to clarify if these are acceptable? I was reading a thread on the main board that indicates the bartenders are not able to make your drink in them. We usually bring these to keep our drinks cold and sand free -I am not talking the Bubba mugs that require 2 hands to lift but rather a mug that would hold approximately 2 plastic cups of drinks. Can you please shed some light on this? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Hi CdnCpl,

Thank you for your query. Insulated Cups or any other cups that you may take with you, our bartenders will accommodate your requests to make or serve drinks in.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Blog Entries

What Michelle said!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

This is great news as I had seen the same thing on different discussions. The last all inclusive we went to had no issue filling our thermal cups for us.
    We do not travel without them. I have the bubba kegs CdnCpl mentioned above but we only take them to OBX when we are at the drive on beach and make
    a drink of the day for all to share

This is definitely NOT true, we are at CSS now (leaving in the morning) and every bar has refused to put anything other than ice in my insulated cup! We were at CTI for 4 days prior to the 7 we spent at CSS and had NO issues there. Numerous issues at CSS this trip but I will send those comments on to management first before posting them publicly.

I can understand why bartenders would refuse to do that, as it's a sanitation issue (handling a cup that has been used by a customer without washing is not advisable). Why not just order two drinks, and pour them into the mug yourself, so that the bartender doesn't have to handle a mug you've been drinking from?

We just purchase the tervis in the Couples gift shop. It has the Couples logo on it, holds the ice very well, the bartenders will fill it and it is a nice reminder of our vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zukini View Post
    I can understand why bartenders would refuse to do that, as it's a sanitation issue (handling a cup that has been used by a customer without washing is not advisable). Why not just order two drinks, and pour them into the mug yourself, so that the bartender doesn't have to handle a mug you've been drinking from?
    This is exactly the approach we take. We have some insulated squeeze bottles that we use at times. Other times, the drinks don't last long enough for it to make any difference.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Exactly! Problem Solved!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukini View Post

This is kind of a hit and miss with us at CN. We are happy to order 2 drinks and pour them into our insulated mugs. Some bartenders, after they get to know us a little, will ask for the insulated mug and put the drink(s) right into it. They will rinse it out first. It all good with us however the bartender wants to handle it. It seems to be that the busier they are, the more likely they will just make the 2 regular drinks.

Thanks for the options and opinions even if they miss the mark a bit. In the event someone might want to reconsider devoting luggage space to an insulated mug, I was just relaying the info that we found a difference in the stated policy answer to the OP's question. Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by Splash Monkey; February 3rd, 2016 at 01:25 PM.