Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Packing List - What to Pack for a Great Couples Vacation

We'll be going home to CSA in September for our 5-year anniversary;, 3 years since our last visit. This will be our third visit, and I've compiled a packing list based on our trips. I hope it helps everyone; and I'm open to feedback to make the list even better!

PASSPORTS
    COUPLES CONFIRMATION
    FLIGHT CONFIRMATION
    DRIVERS LICENSES
    CASH
    CREDIT CARD

You have to register to be Romance Rewards members and then 3-7 days before your trip you do a pre-check-in, click on the romance rewards page. If you are a repeater, you get to pick your gifts and minibar choices.

Bring carry-on with sunscreen, bathing suits, tee shirts/coverup and sandals, book or magazine, camera, so you can hit the beach since your room will not be ready if you arrive early in the day. Liquids must be in 3 oz containers in a Ziploc bag.

If you are bringing 2 suitcases, split everything up so that if the airline loses your luggage, you at least still have some things!
    Do Dunn’s River on Sunday – No cruise ships!

Couples Sans Souci
    G Block…G16. It is a one bedroom ocean suite, large balcony with double lounger, walk in shower with 2 separate sinks in the bathroom, and one amazing view!!!
    Ask for a double lounger
    Building F has views of the sea AND mountains
    Request Building E or D or G from what I have read those have some of the best views. We stayed in Building E and absolutely loved it.
    Beachfronts have Jacuzzis
    Verandahs have really big balconies

Couples Swept Away
    If you don't mind being without TV, go for the Atrium Suites. They are one of the cheapest, and they are so nice and peaceful...no loud beach crowds, etc.
    Ask to not be in any of the buildings against the street - lots of car noise

Stuff to Bring
    LOTS of ones and fives for tipping (no tipping at Couples, but you'll want to tip at airport, your bus driver, misc) and craft vendors: 50 one dollar bills, 20 fives, and 5 ten dollar bills.
    Night light
    Wet wipes
    Woolite – wash swimsuits in it; they will dry faster
    Dryer Sheets (to scent the room in case it smells musty – and put in drawers to make clothes smell good)
    Poo-Pourri or Fabreeze for bathroom – no exhaust fans <g>
    Multiple swim suits
    Water shoes
    Shout stick
    Waterproof bag
    Waterproof camera cover – Dicapac
    Camera, battery charger
    Blow dryer
    3+ waterproof cameras
    Ziploc bags for wet stuff or to keep stuff dry – different sizes
    Bug spray - Skintastic (Note: CSA is our FAVORITE, but I had bug bites on my legs for over a month. USE BUG SPRAY!!!)
    Sunscreen (lots)
    Pens
    Hats
    Deck of cards
    Beer koozies (for all drinks – will fit in a koozie)
    Bendable straws (so much easier to sip!)
    Flashlight
    Medicine/first aid kit (Motion sickness, Tylenol, stomach stuff, allergy stuff, hydrocortisone, bandaids, diarrhea stuff, Benadryl, Neosporin, TUMS)
    Lens cleaner wipes for glasses/sunglasses
    Shampoo/Conditioner (they do provide, but it's low quality)
    Beach cover ups/ sarongs
    Books to read on beach, Kindle, Ipad, etc. and chargers ***I was able to get Wi-Fi at CSA on the beach under the palappas!!
    Cell phone and charger
    Sunglasses
    After-sun lotion
    Lip balm with sunscreen
    Beach bag
    Battery operated Tea light candles for mood lighting in the room (wink wink)
    Extra batteries for camera, flashlight, etc
    Power strip for phone chargers, fans, etc.
    Binoculars
    Kleenex
    A watch (easier to check than your phone - buy a cheap one and give it away when you leave)
    Insulated mugs for water or soda - fewer refills needed
    Hanging shoe holder – hang on bathroom door to hold all bathroom supplies
    Trash bag for dirty clothes
    Twinkle lights for patio (it's awesome being the only one with twinkle lights!)
    Chocolate for staff…school supplies, makeup, Advil, etc.
    Aloe vera gel
    Emergen-C vitamin packets (powder) – drink at night, not in morning (hangover)
    Baby powder – apply to sandy body parts to make the sand fall off (YES! IT WORKS!)
    Mosquito net and tape – to allow patio door to stay open at night - so awesome
    Towel clips for lounge chairs - keeps your towel from sliding
    Luggage Scale
    Snorkels and masks
    sandals/flip flops/appropriate shoes for nice dinner

Also, ladies...PACK ABOUT HALF of what you think you need. Seriously...I think I brought 3x the clothes that I actually wore!!! 2 bathing suits, a few shorts/shirt combinations, a couple of maxi dresses, workout clothes...that's really all you need!
    Lori and Dean
    OrderSkinnyWraps.com

Fyi, there are no atriums by the street.

No need for a driver's license in Jamaica.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

I've slept with the doors open for years and never needed a mosquito net and I've stayed at all 4 resorts.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

You can't put sunscreen in your carry-on either.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    You can, but it has to be a small tube or spray can. We pack most of ours but put a small can in the carry on with the bathroom suppliers. If it was not for suntan lotion we probably would not pack a bag and just do carry-on.

Indymommy
    To each his own but I would take off about half of what is on your list. I must be a minimalist.

We always have a small sunscreen in our carry-on! Just buy a "travel size" bottle, and refill from the one you have in your "checked luggage".

Seriously??? 3+ waterproof cameras? The dicapac cover should be sufficient. We never needed a power strip. We're on vaca and limit our electronics purposely...koozies or mug should suffice. I would not only pack half the clothes/ shoes, etc....but half of this list as well. Only 35 days until paradise.

I thought this was good for the newbies! I know its been done before... but most peeps don't like to "hunt" for info So i think its good to have on the 1st page from time to time. BTW, we can bring sunscreen on our carry-on from Florida to ATL to MBJ as long as its in a 3 oz or less container. Hurry up July 2nd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by srtaylor View Post
    You can, but it has to be a small tube or spray can. We pack most of ours but put a small can in the carry on with the bathroom suppliers. If it was not for suntan lotion we probably would not pack a bag and just do carry-on.
    That's true. I hadn't thought of that. I was just thinking about full sized bottles and spray cans. So can you get small enough spray sunscreen to put in your 1 quart bag?
    <font size=2>

You mentioned to bring a blow dryer...but I'm fairly sure the rooms come equipped with one.

Nancy
    CTI - 2013
    CN - 2015

Name:  20141011_115555.jpg
Views: 5887
Size:  192.9 KB

basics for SSB

Some people say the hair dryers aren't powerful enough for them. They worked well enough so I don't have to pack one imo

Post of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadofsprout5 View Post
    Name:  20141011_115555.jpg
Views: 5887
Size:  192.9 KB

basics for SSB
    Chris & Cindy (FL)
    CTI - July 2015
    CTI - July 2016

Dadofsprout5 YOU ARE AWESOME! Thanks for the laugh.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart_CHP View Post
    Post of the week!
    No hat? No sunglasses? Is this your first time?
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

Well we're going to CSS and CTI for two weeks and are only bringing carry on luggage. The future hubby only brings the basics (underwear, deodorant, etc.), 5 shirts, 4 shorts, 1 pair of dress pants, 1 pair of flip flops and 1 pair of closed toe shoes. Meanwhile I bring 4 swimsuits, 3 cover ups, 1 pair of shorts, 1 t-shirt, 1 hoodie for cool nights, one pair of dressy shoes, 1 pair of flip flops, and 1 pair of tennis shoes in case we go on an excursion. Our favorite sunscreen comes in 3 oz bottles so we're splitting them between the both of us and plan to buy sunscreen for only our second week at the resort with resort credits cutting out $50-$100 in baggage fees and the annoyance of waiting at the airport for checked luggage to arrive. Electronics can go in a beach bag that can double as your personal item on the plane, along with a book or two for the beach.

aero87: You husband won't need the dress pants or closed toed shoes, because you won't get into the reservation restaurants in shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes or flip flops. None of those are allowed.
    <font size=2>

We're minimalists also. If it doesn't fit in a carry on it doesn't come along. We have no need for lots of "stuff".
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

aero87: You husband won't need the dress pants or closed toed shoes, because you won't get into the reservation restaurants in shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes or flip flops. None of those are allowed.
    I said he brings a few shirts, 2 or 3 of which are dress shirts. Sorry if I didn't specify, but we prefer dressing up for dinner since it's rare we get to do it in the small town we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by aero87 View Post
    I said he brings a few shirts, 2 or 3 of which are dress shirts. Sorry if I didn't specify, but we prefer dressing up for dinner since it's rare we get to do it in the small town we live in.
    But, YOU need nice clothes too, not just him!
    <font size=2>

Quote Originally Posted by aero87 View Post
    You did say he brings those, but you did not list dresses as part of your wardrobe, and dresses/skirts are required for the reservation restaurants. That is why Wally said your husband would not need his dress clothes, because you don't have any dress clothes listed for yourself.

Respect

We are not of the minimalist camp so please don't take offense to my list. In fairness, we fly either southwest, jet blue or delta. We have airline credit cards and get free bags on each of these. Bag fees are not a consideration for us. Here is what we take.

For her:

1 swimsuit for each day of travel and coordinating coverups. Most coverups can be worn twice except white ones.
    1 dress for each evening, some long, some short, some more casual, 1 really casual/festive for beach party
    2 day sundresses (cotton and not what I would consider dinner appropriate - we sometimes go off resort and I wear these. I also wear one from airport to resort)
    beach flip flops
    nice flip flops coordinate to dress
    wedge sandals coordinate to dress
    jewelry
    meds
    toiletries (I have really curly hair. The couples shampoo and conditioner makes it a rat's nest)
    blowdryer (need more power)
    hats - straw (more coverage) and visor (less coverage)
    waterproof Nikon
    canon dslr
    gorilla pod miniature tripod
    ipad for ibooks
    phone
    chargers
    sunscreen - lotion and spray
    small beach bag
    rope - it has a loop on each end. I loop it over the swim line and loop one end around husbands ankle, the other around mine so we can float indefinitely without paddling back out or accidentally floating on top of someone and annoying them.
    bugspray
    underwear & strapless bras
    somethings sexy...
    something to wear home on the flight
    1 pair shorts and top
    sunglasses
    travel documents
    passport
    1-2 credit cards
    $400 Cash
    small wristlets to take to dinner to house camera and chapstick

For him:

swim trunks for each day
    beach flip flops
    tshirts to wear with swim trunks to go into lunch or bfast
    nice leather flip flops
    dress sandal
    boat shoe
    shorts probably 4-5
    collared short sleeve tommy bahama - probably 5ish
    long sleeve linen shirts - probably 2
    linen pants - 2
    sunglasses
    ipad & charger
    phone & charger
    passport
    watch
    toiletries
    meds/vitamins
    underwear
    magazine

looks like a lot but we usually just each have a bag. I like having what I want on vacay. We like dressing up. If I bring a few more items to feel excited about my outfit, so be it.

Yes I just realized that, haha. I always bring dresses and cover ups, just forgot to write it down. Surprisingly the last time we were there I only wore shorts once and that was because we went tubing up on the mountain. Other than that I was in cover ups and dresses the whole time despite the fact that I hate wearing them where we live since the weather's usually too cold for my tastes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast