Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default To trade places, or not??

Hey, just wondering, we are heading to CSA in a month. 4th trip to Couples, 2nd to CSA, but last trip was several years ago. As with all great vacations a week can go by pretty quick. Just debating about doing the trading places for a day. CN is the only Couples resort we haven't been too. Is it worth it to spend a day to see the sister resort? Or will we regret spending a precious day, if we don't enjoy CN as much. How many of you do trading places, or do prefer to stay put?

It took us four or five trips to try the trading places to cn but it's a great perk an well worth checking out another resort for free so go for it! Bring cab fare in case you want to leave early and for tip money for the driver. Our driver said he would come back and pick us up if we wanted to leave early.

We are in a similar situation. Been to CSA twice, but haven't been there for a few years. We went to CTI for our last couple of trips just to change things up a little. We have never been to CN. We are planning to return to CSA in February 2016.

We will most likely do the Trading Places thing on this trip. It's not like this will be for the whole day, only about 6 hours. We think this will be a great way to see what CN is all about. If we like it we will plan a future trip to this resort. For us, I don't think we would regret spending 6 hours researching a possible future trip.

We have never done Trading Places.

Only 345 more days until we return to paradise.

We treat the Trading Places time as an excursion. It's nice to see the other resort. If you aren't enjoying yourself, you can just take a quick 5 minute taxi ride back to your "home" resort.

If you do the Trading Places, I suggest not waiting until the last possible day before you leave to do it (It's offered Mon, Wed and Fri). I say this because if you book it for the last day (Say on a Friday if your vacation is over on Saturday) and it is raining, you won't have an opportunity to cancel and rebook. If you book for Wednesday and it rains, you can cancel and rebook for the Friday. Make sense?
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I was curious about this also. Our 2nd trip to CSA is in Sept, I feel like we should do it. I would really like to see Bloody Bay and see if it is somewhere that suits us. But you know how sand gravity kicks in, so we'll see if it actually happens.

We have also been to CSA twice and are planning trip #3 in November. We have already penciled in a Trading Place day at CN this time around. Though we enjoy the comparisons posted on these message boards we decided we had to see for ourselves.

250 days til wheels up

We enjoy the sand gravity and have only taken one excursion off of the resort. As for trading places, I think it is a fun idea, but again the sand gravity takes over very quickly for us.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Trading Places is great. You can stay as long or as short a time as you like. CN and CSA are so close to each to other that it is easy to do We always stay at CN but like to go to CSA one day to walk up and down 7 mile beach, stop at Margaritaville and just to enjoy another awesome Couples resort.

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I love that "sand gravity". I think we are leaning towards giving it a try. That's a good idea to take a taxi back if we're really not enjoying the full day. We are down to one month today!

We've been to CSA for the last 4 years. We've traded places at CN every other year. Each time our impression was very favorable, and we'd think maybe we'd book a stay there (we did back in 99 and 2000 in fact). But when it's time to book, we end up booking CSA. Bottom line, CN is definitely worth taking a look at. And who knows, you could very well fall in love with it. Worth the chance for a 6 hour investment.

Definitely ! Go see CN!! We left CSA at about 10am. The return trip was 4pm...but you can leave before that if you choose to. We had lunch then wanted to head back to CSA. The Couples shuttle was just pulling up and the driver said he'd give us a ride to CSA. Or you can grab a taxi for a few dollars. So we spent half the day at CN and the rest of the day back at CSA....it's worth seeing the other resort!!

We really enjoy the Trading Places day. We love CN and go to CSA for the day and enjoy walking the beach to Margaritaville and enjoy lunch at one of their restaurants. We grab towels and chairs and enjoy the beach over there. We do the same when we stay at CSS. We go to CTI and enjoy their food and beach for the day. It is a nice change of scenery and we still get to drink, eat and be merry. You won't know if you like the other resort better if you don't try it.

Chiming in with my thoughts.
    We are making our 9th trip to CSA in June and have debated the trading places option to CN the last few years. We have always decided not to go as we felt taking a day out of our week at CSA was not something we wanted to do. However, we are getting ready to book for next summer, 2016, and are leaning heavily towards staying for 9 or 10 nights rather than 7. This may sway us to take the trip to CN one day next year as the extra days would give us time we feel we could use to expand our Couples experience a bit.

It is possible that we may make the trading places trip this year. We are talking about it but it is not a sure thing yet as we are once again going for a 7 night stay.

Yeah, that sand gravity is a powerful force at CSA.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

We've been to CSA several times, and have twice done Trading Places to CN. I agree that it is well worth it. Even if "sand gravity" has set in, you have only a short, five-minute bus ride and can then spend the day on CNs beach if that is all you want to do. And while the beaches are similar, it's nice to have a slightly different environment for part of a day.

We also really enjoyed walking around the resort and along the bay; like someone else said, we view it as a free excursion (but one that requires nothing more than sitting on a beach if that's what you want to do).

We would recommend it if you have enough days to do it. We did not do it our first time to CTI (visit CSS) because only there for 6 nights. Our second trip to CTI was 10 nights and we decided we should do it. Several other couples we met were going over the same day we went and me, being good at blurting out random comments, wondered out loud on the ride over to CSS if we could get a tour of the rooms (not full resort tour, just the different room types) and would anyone else like to join us if we were able to do this. Two of the other couples were interested so we went straight to the check-in desk/guest services and asked if they would be able to accommodate a short room tour. No problem (did you expect any different answer?) they said, just a couple minutes to find a staff and some available rooms in each block. Took about 45 minutes and we were quite glad we took that tour since the room types are quite different between CTI and CSS. We spent the rest of the day exploring around CSS and liked it so much we booked our next trip to CSS. This February we did a split stay between CTI and CSS which we quite enjoyed and will be doing that again early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash Monkey View Post
    We would recommend it if you have enough days to do it. We did not do it our first time to CTI (visit CSS) because only there for 6 nights. Our second trip to CTI was 10 nights and we decided we should do it. Several other couples we met were going over the same day we went and me, being good at blurting out random comments, wondered out loud on the ride over to CSS if we could get a tour of the rooms (not full resort tour, just the different room types) and would anyone else like to join us if we were able to do this. Two of the other couples were interested so we went straight to the check-in desk/guest services and asked if they would be able to accommodate a short room tour. No problem (did you expect any different answer?) they said, just a couple minutes to find a staff and some available rooms in each block. Took about 45 minutes and we were quite glad we took that tour since the room types are quite different between CTI and CSS. We spent the rest of the day exploring around CSS and liked it so much we booked our next trip to CSS. This February we did a split stay between CTI and CSS which we quite enjoyed and will be doing that again early next year.
    Wow. That room tour was a great idea and would definitely be better right when you arrived. Quick 20 minutes in the rooms and then enjoy the beach/lunch/resort.

Absolutely worth it!! We were mad we waited so many trips at CTI to trade to CSS for a day. We loved it and would have split our stay if we'd have taken advantage of trading places on previous trips. We're headed to CSA in May (first time on the Negril side) and will definitely trade to CN for a day.

We stayed at SCA last year for the seventh time and visited CN for the day. We decided to book CN this year and visited CSA for the day. This is a good way to see which resort fits you as a couple. And just returning this morning from our trip we now have mixed feeling. Out of ten trips to Couples, CN might now be our favorite.

Life is good

Trading Places is definitely worth doing. It gives you an opportunity to check out the other properties. We are going to Couples Negril from 10/8/15 to 10/15/15 and will do a trading places to CSA. Then we are going to CTI from 10/15/15/ to 10/23/15 and doing a trading places to CSS. We will see all 4 resorts in this one great trip. Going to celebrate CN Anniversary and then our 25th Wedding Anniversary at CTI.

I have a few questions about this. We will be at CSA at the end of March and tossed around the idea of going over to CN. I saw on here it's M, W, F. So does Couples provide the shuttle if so when do you get picked up or dropped back off. I would assume you would have to be back by dinner time. We just thought it would be fun to go explore over there and see how the two properties differ. TIA!!!

LakeH2O
    You get picked up in the lobby at 10. Spend the day and the shuttle comes back at 4. We've done this every time we have visited CN. We go to CSA. It's a lot if fun and a nice change of scenery!!

We've done the trading places from CSA to CN twice. I think the bus left CSA at 10 and returned at 4. But if you decide you want to leave before that it's not a problem. Taxi back to CSA is about 3US total $. (We left early and took taxi last trip) I definitely think it's worth doing, at least once. For us it confirmed CSA is "our home" but still a good no or low cost day excursion.

Lakeh20, it's 10am to 4pm and couples provides the shuttle but you can tip the driver a couple of dollars.If you want to leave early, you may have to pay for a 5 minute cab ride.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeH2O View Post
    I have a few questions about this. We will be at CSA at the end of March and tossed around the idea of going over to CN. I saw on here it's M, W, F. So does Couples provide the shuttle if so when do you get picked up or dropped back off. I would assume you would have to be back by dinner time. We just thought it would be fun to go explore over there and see how the two properties differ. TIA!!!
    Tia, yes, transportation is provided. They pick you up from the lobby at around 10:00 AM and bring you back at 4:00 PM. You will be back to your original resort before dinner.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Lake - my recollection is that it is 10-4, transportation provided (though you can cab back earlier if you prefer). Make sure you join Romance Rewards - Trading Places is one of the benefits. Our experience was that Trading Places is a great way to see another property, but not the best way to really get a feel for it. We are CN people. We went to CSA on a Trading Places and couldn't wait to leave (ended up taking a cab back). This past June we stayed a week at CSA...and absolutely loved it. On that stay, we used Trading Places to visit our friends at CN. Although we are still CN people, we will be fitting a CSA trip in every now and again (hopefully December 2016).
    Last edited by Bert; October 20th, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast