Hybrid View

Default CSA - Jacket required for men at Feathers?

Hi, about to head home to CSA in a couple of weeks, haven't been in 2 years (tried CSS instead). I remember it was expected for men to have a jacket (but tie not needed) for Feathers. But now on the web site description for Feathers, it doesn't specify "jacket required"... if a long-sleeve dress shirt is appropriate without the jacket, it would leave more packing room for rum on the return flight. But if it's better to have the jacket, that is fine. So thought I'd ask your opinions, oh wise message board ppl. :-)

Blog Entries

Hi MeandT, congratulations on the upcoming trip! You'll have plenty of room left for that rum... no jacket required

Enjoy!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Romance Officer View Post
    Hi MeandT, congratulations on the upcoming trip! You'll have plenty of room left for that rum... no jacket required

Enjoy!
    Many thanks for the confirmation, CRO! In precisely 7 days and 0 minutes we'll be on the very long flight "home" from London.... B-)

Blog Entries

So exciting, enjoy the final countdown and can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

My wife and I went to CSA back in '13 and a button down and tie was just fine to wear. A jacket was not necessary. Have fun!

A silly question, perhaps. I know the men's dress code for Feathers at CSA is "closed toe shoes". Would an athletic shoe be acceptable, or do they really mean "closed toed dress shoes"?

I want to take a pair of athletic shoes for tennis/squash, but I've got limited luggage space. If I can avoid also taking a pair of dress shoes, it would be a convenience, but I'll squeeze 'em in if I have to.

Zukini

No, athletic shoes are not acceptable (no "sneakers", as stated in the dress code). However there has been a change in the last couple of years on allowable shoes. "Dress sandals" are now acceptable (not flip-flops or beach sandals). My shoe of choice for Feathers is a casual, closed shoe that I wear to all the other restaurants at night as well. They are the Sanuk brand shoes, which look dressier than you would think with long pants. Comfortable, very light weight and they look casually elegant. Just right for Feathers or any night out at CSA. We usually wear our athletic, or workout, shoes to travel in. Have a great trip!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

If you go to the CSA main page, then "Restaurants & Bars" on the right side, then under Feathers click on "info and hours" it will tell you:

Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Sounds like athletic shoes are out.

Ah, thanks. I missed where "sneakers" were specifically called out in the dress code.

Your posts is really helpful for me.Thanks for your wonderful post.It is really very helpful for us and I have gathered some important information from this blog.If anyone wants to get

11. Default

Very helpful post.

My husband refuses to wear a tie while on vacation, especially in the tropics. He wears dress sandals, and some very light linen pants. The first time we visited CSA he refused to bring dressier pants then jeans...and the nice lady at the door of Feathers wouldn't let him in. He told her he didn't have any dress pants, she asked him for his size, and brought him a pair. I have teased him since that he wore "waiter pants" that night. (they were identical to the staff's pants...I'm sure they were uniform) He will be much happier to know that dressy jeans and sandals are ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom4kids View Post
    My husband refuses to wear a tie while on vacation, especially in the tropics. He wears dress sandals, and some very light linen pants. The first time we visited CSA he refused to bring dressier pants then jeans...and the nice lady at the door of Feathers wouldn't let him in. He told her he didn't have any dress pants, she asked him for his size, and brought him a pair. I have teased him since that he wore "waiter pants" that night. (they were identical to the staff's pants...I'm sure they were uniform) He will be much happier to know that dressy jeans and sandals are ok now.
    I don't understand how you can wear jeans in the tropics. Its so freaking hot!