Thread: Rooms a CSS

Default Rooms a CSS

Hey all! Happy Sunday!

Can someone give me some insight on the rooms at CSS, specifically the balconies? It's hard to tell in the pictures, but do any room grades have balcony with loungers on them (the bigger beach chairs)? We like to relax in the warm evenings on our balcony but I can't figure out if there are any rooms that offer this.

Thanks all!!!

228 days!!! WOOHHHOOOOO!!!
    Sandi

Prime Minister's Suite

<font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Hi SandiK9806! Room categories that have larger balconies and loungers on them include the Penthouse Suites, One Bedroom Ocean Suites and some of the Deluxe Ocean Suites. The ones in G-block offer the added benefit of being able to listen to music from the Balloon Bar (nightly entertainment) right from the balcony while having the most awesome view.

40 days for us!!! Not soon enough!
    Last edited by Bart and Bug; March 2nd, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

The only rooms with loungers are the prime minister's suite, the hisbiscus cottage, most of the penthouse suites (minus the ones in C block apparently), and some of the deluxe ocean suites unless you get unlucky like we did last time and get one of the ones in D block that have tiny balconies with just two chairs and a table.

Quote Originally Posted by aero87 View Post
    The only rooms with loungers are the prime minister's suite, the hisbiscus cottage, most of the penthouse suites (minus the ones in C block apparently), and some of the deluxe ocean suites unless you get unlucky like we did last time and get one of the ones in D block that have tiny balconies with just two chairs and a table.
    I beg to differ, but every room we have stayed in in "G" block has had a huge balconey with loungers, tables, and chairs.

G-Block Balcony - yes, 2 person lounger!

Name:  DSC02803-sm.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  Couples San Souci 2009 013.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  185.8 KB
    D-14 Penthouse Balcony
    Last edited by rjammin; March 2nd, 2015 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I beg to differ, but every room we have stayed in in "G" block has had a huge balconey with loungers, tables, and chairs.
    Well there is at least one in D block with a tiny balcony. I should know because we stayed there for 10 days last time we went to CSS. So no, every room does not have a huge balcony.

Right, aero87. D9 and D11 has almost unusable balconies with NO ocean view of any kind. They are classified as 1 Bedroom Ocean Suites.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

That is correct on D9 and D11... we stayed in D9 so I know for a fact there is NO view and a Teensy balcony with two little uncomfortable chairs and a tiny table. We had friends staying in D11 and therefore seen that same balcony with our own eyes and it's identical to D9. I AGAIN plea with CSS to change the room category for these two rooms... and ask that other guests stop saying all One Bedroom Ocean View Suites have the large balconies and good views.. it's just not true and really sets people up for disappointment when they book that room and get put in one of these rooms. I must say though, the location of these rooms is very nice, it's in the middle of the resort. It's just that the pictures advertising this room category do not accurately show that not all in that category have those nice balconies and views. Rant done

Quote Originally Posted by aero87 View Post
    Well there is at least one in D block with a tiny balcony. I should know because we stayed there for 10 days last time we went to CSS. So no, every room does not have a huge balcony.
    If you go back and read my post, I say every room in "G" block...

What "Block" would you consider the quietist? I go to bed early and wake up early. When we were at CN we were in Building 6 just off Cassava Terrace. Most nights things quieted down early enough but there were a couple of nights I was wishing for a different room. So I was wondering what you experts thought as to a quiet Block to request. We are booked in the Deluxe Ocean Verandah.

Blog Entries

live2ski,

Five of the seven nights per week Entertainment occurs by the Balloon Bar. With that in mind G block, Hibiscus Cottage or the beach front would be quieter areas. However on the Theme nights when the entertainment is on the lower section of the resort, then most blocks with the exception of the A,B and D may be quieter. All that said, your best bet would be G or Hibiscus cottage. Based on the category you have noted, we do have Deluxe Ocean Verandah suites on the G block, but we can NEVER guarantee anybody a specific room/block.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

We stayed on the second floor, second room from the end in the D Block and really liked it. It was very quiet, except for the sound of coquis (tree frogs) and the ocean splashing against the wall.
    Not a bad view, but the balcony was only big enough for two chairs and a table.Name:  Sans Souci 2012 2012-09-27 007 (2).jpg
Views: 649
Size:  235.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    If you go back and read my post, I say every room in "G" block...
    And if you go back and read my post, the one you replied to when you decided to "beg to differ" with me, you will see that I said D block has at least one room without a huge balcony when I was answering the original poster's question and not engaging you.