Thread: CTI or SS?

Default CTI or SS?

It's our 20th anniversary and we are booked at CTI for a week in April! I picked CTI because I didn't like the pics of the decor of the rooms at Css but now that I'm reading some things on the msg boards I'm wondering if I made the right choice. If you've been to both I'd love your opinion.
    We are both 39, active, and outgoing. We like making new friends but also love our alone time. While we are interested in excursions we also like our beach time - chilling, swimming, water sports, and we are in the process of getting scuba certified. We enjoy dancing and a little nightlife but not staying out all night. We would be staying in the cheapest room - hubby is frugal like that.

Just want to throw out there that Negril (both resorts in Negril) have the better beaches. I've only ever been to CN and LOVE it! Infinity like pool splashing into the swim up bar over looking a beautiful beach! Can't say enough about it...I know CN isn't one of your options but just wanted to let you know in case I can persuade you into changing to the other side of the island : )

I"m sure you'll get responses from fans of both CTI and CSS. Most people have a favorite resort for one reason or another ,and mine is CSA in Negril.. So THATS not a help.lol BUT I have been to both CTI and CSS twice and I prefer CTI. I say don't second guess yourself. You'll have a wonderful 20th anniversary !

texasteacher, You will most likely get a lot of replies telling you whichever one you pick, you won't be disappointed. All the things mentioned that you like, you will get at any of the Couples resorts. It's a difficult decision choosing from 4 great resorts and you can't go wrong with any of them. The vibe is different at each resort but... the top notch staff, food and service is consistent throughout. Don't second guess your choice you will absolutely love CTI.

Check out the "CTI April Amigos 2015" group in the "Meet up at Tower Isle" thread and add your names to the list. We will be there April 6-13 and this will be our 4th time there.

We have stayed at all 4 resorts and CSS is our favourite! We are 35 and 44 and celebrating our 10th anniversary and will be at CSS from April 1st to 12th. We had originally booked a CTI/CSS split but due to some unexpected circumstances had to cut our trip short by a few days and decided to spend all our time at CSS. Both resorts are lovely and have unique features that make them special and unique. You will find many different opinions on this board. With that said, we find CSS to be more social. It has always been very easy for us to meet people and we love the overall vibe of the resort. We do however spend our days at SSB which is the au natural beach . Great fun and social spot. CSS is simply stunning. So lush and romantic. There is a fun nightlife that includes an amazing martini bar, live music, and dancing. I find the nightlife lacking at CTI, but perhaps this was just the weeks I was there? I am not sure what your dates are but availability for room type at CSS will likely be limited as it is a very busy month. All the rooms at CSS are lovely and although they are a little out dated they are also warm, clean, and charming. We have been inside every room category at CSS and the ocean verandah suite is our fave, and also the second cheapest category.

I gave no doubt that you will have a wonderful time wherever you end up. Depending on how long you are staying, I would highly suggest a split stay. Gives you the best of the best!
    Kris

My husband and I are in our early 40's and it sound like we have similar interests when on vacation. What keeps us coming back to CTI over CSS is the vibe (we love the style of the resort), the cat cruise, the island, the nightlife (there is a nightclub, new last year), the restaurants, and the staff (among other things). And while the beauty of CSS is incredible, we prefer the compactness of CTI. We throughly enjoy the day trade to CSS, and SSB is really wonderful, but we just can't seem to give up those other things. Trust me, you won't regret your choice of CTI! And maybe we'll see you there! We'll be there mid April (11-18th) for our 4th visit.

Also, the garden view rooms in Building 3 are wonderful! If you find the CTI beach thread down the page a bit I posted pics of that room.

Quote Originally Posted by texasteacher View Post
    It's our 20th anniversary and we are booked at CTI for a week in April! I picked CTI because I didn't like the pics of the decor of the rooms at Css but now that I'm reading some things on the msg boards I'm wondering if I made the right choice. If you've been to both I'd love your opinion.
    We are both 39, active, and outgoing. We like making new friends but also love our alone time. While we are interested in excursions we also like our beach time - chilling, swimming, water sports, and we are in the process of getting scuba certified. We enjoy dancing and a little nightlife but not staying out all night. We would be staying in the cheapest room - hubby is frugal like that.
    texasteacher, congrats on your upcoming 20th anniversary. We've been to those resorts, and will be heading back in 46 days, but find that each of them has its own "personality" so there is no "right resort". CTI is a great resort for making new friends as it's smaller and easier to find people. CSS has more daytime activity (i.e. volleyball) while still offering plenty of "alone time" as it's larger with places to explore and get away together. The beach at CSS is larger than that of CTI and, while none compare to those in Negril, CSS has one where catching the sunset is awesome. Both resorts have great water sports staff that will make that part of your stay a blast! Nightlife at both are good without the need to be "out all night". Perhaps a good choice would be to sign up for Romance Rewards and do a trading places day trip to visit the resort where you don't choose to stay. This way you get to "try out" the other resort. Who knows...you may find yourself planning your next Couples anniversary getaway!! Have a blast at whichever resort you choose.

You will love CTI

We liked it much better than CSS, CSS is much larger and spread out but has a lot of steps. The restaurants are much better at CTI in our opinion.

No Cat cruise at CSS