Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default HELP!!! We're coming to Couples in April and can't decide on, San Souci or Tower Isle

Hello all-

Can you please help?

We are going on our honeymoon and cannot decide between the two properties. I have heard rave reviews about both!

We have no mobility issues. We want the best beach, scenery, food, music, etc. We want relaxation, and fun. A stocked mini bar, room service, or late night eats.

We are open on rooms, but wouldn't mind a beachfront room to get to the beach quickly and with ease.

I noticed that the CSS does not have the catamaran or the tower isle dinner options. Is this something that can be purchased/arranged through CSS as well?

Also with the au natural beaches, are you allowed on those beaches if you do not want to go au natural?

My last question is, if we stay at one property, do we have access to the other?

Please help, decisions decisions!!! We are excited to get to Jamaica, we just want to make the right decision! Want to book in the next few days.

Hi there, we have been to both resorts, CTI and CSS, mind you it was several years ago. Of the two I would suggest CSS for honeymoon. It has a more romantic vibe, in my opinion and nicer beaches. I also believe all rooms have all day room service. You can stay beach front or up on the cliffs. We stayed in bldg G up on tHe cliffs. Huge verandas and the views were amazing. You are not beach front but are very close to the mineral pool, spa and "third beach" under the mineral pool. We actually preferred hanging out on the deck behind the gym and swimming in the third beach. So serene. The AN beach opens in the evenings I recall for anyone. But during the day, no clothing allowed. We did a day of skinny dipping, kinda fun! Don't get me wrong CTI is nice, I just think CSS is a much better honeymoon choice. I believe you can spend a day at the other resort if you sign up for the rewards program before you leave. Happy travels!

We are going to CSS and CTI in April for our honeymoon as well. I've never been to CTI, but we went to CSS two years ago and loved the romantic vibe of the resort. There are tons of stairs and everything is kind of sprawled out, but it gives you more of the feeling of being in a tropical jungle than just the beach. There are beachfront rooms that walk out to the main lawn and then once you cross that you are on the beach. Those rooms are closest to Palazinna (the breakfast buffett) and although I've never stayed in one of them, from what people say on this board that might be what you are looking for. The au natural beach is only for people looking to go AN up until about 5 or 6pm. Then it opens up to everyone and you can go there to watch the sunset. If you can swing it I would stay at both resorts though. They are only fifteen minutes from one another and CTI has many extras that CSS doesn't that you might like, such as the catamaran cruise and a few more restaurant options.

The best beaches are in Negril but if your choice is Ochie, css is beautiful.

Thank you!

Thank you for the info? How was the food, and food options?

I was looking at couples negril, however it looked like it could possibly be crowded. Or from you experience, how was it?

We always go during high season (Jan-Feb) when the resort is at 100% and it never feels crowded.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Wally, are you referring to CN?

Our least favorite of the (4) was CSS BUT all of them are very nice.

If you want a beachfront room at CSS go with the beachfront suites, we loved ours.

You must be nude if you go to the a/n beaches

We missed the catamaran at CSS , you cannot do the catamaran at CTI if you are staying at CSS

I rate the beaches the same at CTI and CSS, the a/n beach at CSS is very nice and you can visit after 5:00. We did not enjoy the food nearly as much at CSS as we did at CTI and the staff at CTI was the best of all (4) in our opinion.

I've been to CN twice and going back in October. Its not crowded to me. We LOVE it! Never have any problems getting a beach chair or a place to eat. Its so incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Calm View Post
    Hi there, we have been to both resorts, CTI and CSS, mind you it was several years ago. Of the two I would suggest CSS for honeymoon. It has a more romantic vibe, in my opinion and nicer beaches. I also believe all rooms have all day room service. You can stay beach front or up on the cliffs. We stayed in bldg G up on tHe cliffs. Huge verandas and the views were amazing. You are not beach front but are very close to the mineral pool, spa and "third beach" under the mineral pool. We actually preferred hanging out on the deck behind the gym and swimming in the third beach. So serene. The AN beach opens in the evenings I recall for anyone. But during the day, no clothing allowed. We did a day of skinny dipping, kinda fun! Don't get me wrong CTI is nice, I just think CSS is a much better honeymoon choice. I believe you can spend a day at the other resort if you sign up for the rewards program before you leave. Happy travels!

We chose CSS!!! The Hubby Buzz really liked that the property was spread out and the privacy it offered. SO thank you!!! I am sure we will not be disappointed! For gods sake it IS Jamaica!

Pandaprincess,css has fewer restaurants than say csa (our favorite ) but the food and service was outstanding in 09 when we were there. Gorgeous resort with large suites. It never felt crowded to us. The Negril resorts will always be busier as Negril just has prettier beaches imo.

We plan on making this a tradition. So we WILL be trying to stay at a different Couples each time. So I think CN will be our next goal. While we are CSS I plan on signing us up for the "trading places" so we can check out CTI.

I honestly chose CSS due to all the rave reviews, the awards, and the rankings. We also chose it because we were attracted to the cliffs and how spread out everything was. I also went with some of your all's suggestions. The food, we figured if we got to tired of it, we could venture into town, or one of the "famed" beaches around Ochos. We tend to do that on our vacations

I appreciate every ones help TREMENDOUSLY, because everyone was very informative! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

The food, we figured if we got to tired of it,
    I doubt this will happen! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    I doubt this will happen! Have fun!

Yaaaaayyyy, that makes me feel so much better!!!!

Thats one of the great things about Couples. If you are curious about multiple items on the menu, you can order them all! And no, you should NEVER get tired of the food. Make sure and be adventurous. My wife does not like soup (pretty much any kind) and she loved almost every single soup she tried in Jamaica. The only thing left on my list to try is conch and escargo, and the only reason i havent had those is because they were out or not offered during our last 2 trips. Fingers crossed that they will have both during our upcoming trip (April 24 - May 2 in case the moderator wants to let the resort know...)

We also chose CSS as the location for our weddingmoon 2 years ago and LOVED it. We also wanted to try the other resorts, but couldn't bear to stay away from CSS so we booked a split stay between CN and CSS last year. Those two are definitely our fave. We did trading places to both CTI and CSA, but neither of them felt as "homey" as CN and CSS.

Soon come
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    Thats one of the great things about Couples. If you are curious about multiple items on the menu, you can order them all! And no, you should NEVER get tired of the food. Make sure and be adventurous. My wife does not like soup (pretty much any kind) and she loved almost every single soup she tried in Jamaica. The only thing left on my list to try is conch and escargo, and the only reason i havent had those is because they were out or not offered during our last 2 trips. Fingers crossed that they will have both during our upcoming trip (April 24 - May 2 in case the moderator wants to let the resort know...)

We also chose CSS as the location for our weddingmoon 2 years ago and LOVED it. We also wanted to try the other resorts, but couldn't bear to stay away from CSS so we booked a split stay between CN and CSS last year. Those two are definitely our fave. We did trading places to both CTI and CSA, but neither of them felt as "homey" as CN and CSS.

Soon come

Man, I cannot wait!!! I love to eat, so now that you said that, I will order them all! I am dying here in Chicago now, every time I read a reply my heart yearns for da BEEEEACH!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaprincess77 View Post
    Man, I cannot wait!!! I love to eat, so now that you said that, I will order them all! I am dying here in Chicago now, every time I read a reply my heart yearns for da BEEEEACH!
    I feel your pain... It is -5 degrees here, and i have spent all morning on the message boards. We will be arriving on April 24 and it cant come soon enough. With each post i read, i want to do our pre check in, but i promised my wife i would wait to do it with her. I am also resisting the urge to book 2016/17/18 etc trips as well. I have countdowns to our trip on my phone and computer, and i have both negril and ocho rios plugged in as favorites on my weather channel so i can always be jealous of their warm weather.

Oh, somethingelse to definitely check out are Couples youtube page and their instagram page!!! Tons of videos and pictures to help pass the days
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaprincess77 View Post
    We chose CSS!!! The Hubby Buzz really liked that the property was spread out and the privacy it offered. SO thank you!!! I am sure we will not be disappointed! For gods sake it IS Jamaica!
    That was part of why we chose CSS as well. I saw that CN and CSA were on the seven mile beach that isn't private which means anyone can walk by the resort on the water's edge. We wanted a private beach and although I've heard great things about the powdery, white sand of Negril, I'm not willing to go there if the beach ain't private due to the horror stories of aggressive beach peddlers I've read about on tripadvisor. Also, I highly doubt you will get tired of the food, we stayed there 10 days two years ago and didn't, haha. I'd also get the private dinner one night if you can, preferably in the wedding gazebo since it's so private and you sit up on the cliffs with the waves crashing into the rocks beside you. Oh and do the couples massage in the huts on the cliffs. We did it two years ago and I fell asleep because it was so relaxing. It also made my fiancé who was adamantly against getting a massage, a massage addict.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    I feel your pain... It is -5 degrees here, and i have spent all morning on the message boards. We will be arriving on April 24 and it cant come soon enough. With each post i read, i want to do our pre check in, but i promised my wife i would wait to do it with her. I am also resisting the urge to book 2016/17/18 etc trips as well. I have countdowns to our trip on my phone and computer, and i have both negril and ocho rios plugged in as favorites on my weather channel so i can always be jealous of their warm weather.

Oh, somethingelse to definitely check out are Couples youtube page and their instagram page!!! Tons of videos and pictures to help pass the days

Pre-check in??? What is this??? I know my hubby Buzz and I are trying to cope with our negative temperatures, but it is soooo hard when you know you have somewhere beautiful and WARM!!! Just programmed ochos and montego into the iphone, ha! April 4th cannot come any sooner, but wait, I need to be patient, because I do not want the time to fly by in OCHOS and Montego (we are staying one night there so we do not have to rush from CSS to the airport, we can stay one more night and not worry about anything since MBJ is right there!)

Next I am getting on youtube and instagram lol! Thanks for the info sweetness!

Quote Originally Posted by aero87 View Post
    horror stories of aggressive beach peddlers i've read about on tripadvisor.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    lol.
    Well, dang it, then I am not going lol

Please, I am an aggressive bargainer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aero87 View Post
    That was part of why we chose CSS as well. I saw that CN and CSA were on the seven mile beach that isn't private which means anyone can walk by the resort on the water's edge. We wanted a private beach and although I've heard great things about the powdery, white sand of Negril, I'm not willing to go there if the beach ain't private due to the horror stories of aggressive beach peddlers I've read about on tripadvisor. Also, I highly doubt you will get tired of the food, we stayed there 10 days two years ago and didn't, haha. I'd also get the private dinner one night if you can, preferably in the wedding gazebo since it's so private and you sit up on the cliffs with the waves crashing into the rocks beside you. Oh and do the couples massage in the huts on the cliffs. We did it two years ago and I fell asleep because it was so relaxing. It also made my fiancé who was adamantly against getting a massage, a massage addict.
    YES! I want to do the private dinner! But gazebo or beach? Or is the Gazebo the only option? Also, no worries mon on those aggressive peddlers, as I replied below, I am an aggressive bargainer, so they BESS watch out

Def want the massage too, don't we get one if we are on our honeymoon? I know it is less time than the normal, but I could upgrade right???

Are you coming to Couples or going to Couples?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast