Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by randijean46 View Post
    Thank you, Bowser! Good to know it hasn't gone up since December/2014. Now if someone can tell us what the price is at CTI, we can make a decision as to where we'll get it. I wish Couples would answer my email asking about the discrepancy in coffee prices between the two resorts...it's strange there's such a huge difference. Four weeks to go!!! Can't wait to have my toes in the sand and a mojito in my hand!!
    I think that the gift shops have different owners at each Couples resort. They are not run by Couples themselves. This could account for the discrepancy in prices

We don't buy it by the pound. A 5# bag at the airport of Blue Mountain coffee is $95. I buy my wife a 5# bag each trip. That's added up to a lot of coffee over the years!

Clashmore,
    We always buy our coffee in town. Last Dec. we paid $18.00 per pound.
    A couple of hints.
    Never pay the asked price! Even at the Couples gift shop they will haggle with you if you are paying cash.
    Do not go in town when the ships are in. They have plenty of sales and you will not get a good price. If you are stuck going in then let them know you are staying at Couples as if you get a good deal you will tell other guests and that will lead to more sales.
    Always look for the Government seal on the coffee that says it is 100% Blue Mountain coffee. The coffee is regulated by the government.
    Be aware of the Red bag coffee. They will try to sell it as the real thing but it has no seal and it is a blend.
    We only buy some of our rum at the airport because it is convenient! They box it for you to carry on. This is fine if you have a straight through flight but if you have to change flights you will have to pack this in your checked luggage before you go through customs. We usually take bubble wrap to wrap the bottles we buy in town then put it in our snorkeling bag so if it would brake it wouldn't damage anything.
    Hope this will be a help.
    On Friday we will be down to 99 days to CN and this will be our 12th. trip to Couples
    Bottoms Up!

Clashmore... We always buy a min. of 10# of Jablum 100% Blue Mountain Coffee. We always purchase it in town, either Ocho Rios or Negril. We have NEVER paid more than $18/lb. The stores will give you a deal when buying that much coffee.
    Happy shopping.

Thanks Dee; was wondering if that was the case.
    I've bought the cheaper coffee at the resorts from people who know people, you know, and found that it doesn't measure up to the gift shop coffee, but that said, at the way prices are skyrocketing I might just have to settle!

Thank you, Bowser! Good to know it hasn't gone up since December/2014. Now if someone can tell us what the price is at CTI, we can make a decision as to where we'll get it. I wish Couples would answer my email asking about the discrepancy in coffee prices between the two resorts...it's strange there's such a huge difference. Four weeks to go!!! Can't wait to have my toes in the sand and a mojito in my hand!!
    I also noticed differences in the type and price of cigars offered by CN and CSS jewelry box. CSS has cigars costing either $11 or $19. At CN we saw a variety of pricing, going as high as $54 for one cigar!!! We asked if it was a mistake, and they said no it wasn't.

Default Buying Blue Mountain Coffee

Thanks Dee; was wondering if that was the case.
    I've bought the cheaper coffee at the resorts from people who know people, you know, and found that it doesn't measure up to the gift shop coffee, but that said, at the way prices are skyrocketing I might just have to settle!
    If you are going to "settle" The Jamaican homeroasted coffee available at Cafe Goaa in Negril is US$20pp and while it is not "certified Blue Mountain coffee" it is every bit as delicious as the ones certified by the Jamaican Coffee Industry board and I cannot tell the difference between the two just by taste (and I am a coffee addict!). Hope this info helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2