Thread: Special Offers

Default Special Offers

I have gone onto the Couples website in order to attempt to book a 10 day trip starting
    Dec. 28/15, leaving from Toronto. As all of the airlines do not have their prices out I am unable to take advantage of
    the special offer which will come to an end very soon prior to prices being released by the airlines. To book
    the resort and the flight separate does not give me the best price and also the prices on the Couples website
    are in American dollars and at the present the Canadian dollar is down substantially.
    Can any Canadian folks maybe help me out if you have had the same problem.
    I really would love to make my 9 visit to a Couples resort with the best price in mind.

Any Canadians having the same issue and can respond to my post.
    Thanks in advance.

Our last 2 trips to Couples, including the one for March of this year, we booked our flights separately. This year for instance we booked Couples in May 2014 to take advantage of early-booking deals, then booked our flights a couple of months later

Hi,
    We also live in the GTA, in Oakville, and airlines do not book anything more than 333 days in advance. You have to wait until they post actual dates for travel.
    Usually we book the hotel, through a TA, and wait until 4-5 months prior to book flights, which is when they are cheaper. Having been to Jamaica 5 times now, that is, for sure , our cheapest way of going "home".

Quote Originally Posted by jjc60 View Post
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi, we are Canadians and also travel from Toronto. We've been to Couples 3x, booking 4th for April, maybe March if I can't hold out. I always check booking on the Couples web site but always find better deals in Canadian $ via package or by booking flight and hotel separately on line . I also always book Canadian airline direct, avoid American
    airlines (sometimes cheaper but never direct and usually long line ups for immigration). I don't know if that's helpful or not, good luck and happy travels.

Hi jjc60,

We've been to couples 5 times. The last three times we have booked the resort and flight separately and find we can save money by checking (almost daily) the flight prices once we get inside of three months before our departure dates.

I looked at the current 25% off offer. It's a great offer, but consider getting the resort at that rate and booking your flight separately. A couple of times we have booked the flight down separate from the flight home. Once we took AC one way and WJ the other way.

We do feel your pain with the current exchange rate. We're happy we bought a bunch of US dollars when the exchange was just north of 90 cents.

Good luck!!!

I looked at our normal travel sites for your dates and there are no 10 day stays showing up yet. Usually the prices aren't posted until about 330 or so days out. We have the same problem trying to book in the spring for the next spring and trying to take advantage of the Early Booking Bonus deals that usually end at the end of April when our flights and vacation packages haven't been posted yet (not 330 days out).

I see that AT has flights for 7 and 14 days but none for 10 days. WJ hasn't posted theirs yet. I see that AC has the 10 day vacations posted on their website but the price is astronomical!

The vacations aren't shown yet on Expedia flying out of Detroit or Buffalo but that may be an option once they are posted over the next month or so.

Good Luck over the next month or so.

Thanks in advance.
    Not a Canadian but I can tell you the price you get on the website (with or without air) is not the best price you can get. You should work with a travel agent. I'm not one, but I can recommend the person we use if you'd lie.

Hi jjc60, I'm feeling bad, are there no other Canadians out there? Well we are Canadians and also fly out of Toronto. I have never booked directly from Couples though, given the direct rates are in US $, I always find a better deal through a Canadian website. I also make sure we get a direct flight via Canadian airline because we have bad experience with american airlines wich always have a connection (and long lines for immigration and security). We are in the process now of booking couples vacation#4. good luck, let me know how you make. I'd be curious to know if the on-line direct specials are really worthwhile for Canadians.

The only issue that I do see waiting until 3 months outside our travel date
    28dec15 for 10 days is that each year I go the same time and the flights
    are totally full out of Toronto. Would want to book separately and not be able to
    obtain a flight. Thanks for all of the comments

We are just north of Toronto. We have booked both package and flight and resort seperate. I use a TA because that's just me.
    We travel Feb/Mar. I usually book in the summer and just go with whatever is the best rate. I used to watch for the Wed specials
    and a few years ago got a fantastic deal through Couples. Unfortunately they are no more.
    This year we got a great deal the end of Aug for Mar. I know if you are going around Christmas flights can be a problem.

The only issue that I do see waiting until 3 months outside our travel date
    28dec15 for 10 days is that each year I go the same time and the flights
    are totally full out of Toronto. Would want to book separately and not be able to
    obtain a flight. Thanks for all of the comments
    For our trip this March, we booked our AC flights in May, this was when the "cheap" air fares were available. Mind you, we're travelling during March break, so no fares were cheap, but I haven't seen a lower price since.

I was hoping to book for Christmas and new years, but was going to cost us 12 grand for 10 days. Decided to go in Oct instead for 6. From Edmonton