Thread: Snorkel at CTI?

Default Snorkel at CTI?

Hello - We dive and snorkel. On our snorkel trip we had to wear life jackets, and the reef was so far below we saw nothing!!

My question is: If we bring our own mask, fins, and snorkels to The Island, can we snorkel off the shore there? Without a life jacket?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkian View Post
    Hello - We dive and snorkel. On our snorkel trip we had to wear life jackets, and the reef was so far below we saw nothing!!

My question is: If we bring our own mask, fins, and snorkels to The Island, can we snorkel off the shore there? Without a life jacket?

Thanks!
    Hello Ozarkian. My wife and I also Dive and snorkel at CTI and bring our own gear. The ocean is open to anyone that wants to swim in it. However, there are several boats in and out of the CTI cove area and it would not be to safe to snorkel outside the roped swim areas during the day. If you are an early morning couple like we are (this is the best time to snorkel the CTI cove anyway). My wife and I pair-swim/snorkel the CTI cove and island early in the morning just as the sun is coming up and no boats running anywhere. Another option is to take out a sea canoe and paddle it out to the area where you want to snorkel. With one of you staying in the canoe this could provide an indicator for the other boats (better if you have a diver in the water flag though).

However, the last time we snorkeled with the official CTI snorkel boat the life jack was an option not a requirement. This could be a new rule or the ocean was ruff and they wanted an indicator of each swimmer for safety.

Hope this helps.
    Mark
    Mark & Sylvia

Blog Entries

Hi Ozarkian and bowmanswell,

We encourage all snorkelers to please wear life jackets, as that is our protocol and intended for everyone's safety. However, if you choose not to do so, please know that it will be at your own risk and not advised by Couples.

I wish you a wonderful trip to Tower Isle!

One love,
    Carrie
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts