Thread: Rates for 2016

Default Rates for 2016

Happy New Year Couples !!!! Looking forward to spending some time with you again in 2015 and of course as that time approaches, we start to make our plans for the following year. Two countdowns are always better than just one!! So my question is , will there be an early booking promotion as there has been in the past, or is that something Couples is no longer offering? Usually by February when the new rates are published they are accompanied by the new promo. I know there have been some changes made so I was wondering if that is something we can look forward to or not. Thanks in advance for your help in our future planning of .....2016 

Good question Justdiane...funny, my wife and I were just discussing this yesterday. We usually go to CN in April (as we are again this year) and we usually book for the next year before we take our current year trip - so we end up having 2 countdowns as well (and it is much easier to leave CN knowing that we already have our return on the books ).

Looking forward to (hopefully) good news on early booking promotions.
    Thanks.

I'd love to know too!! We're headed back in May but I'm trying to plan our 10 year anniversary trip for October 2016. We were married at CTI so really hoping we can make a trip back for our anniversary.

Carrie....any info on the new rates and promos for 2016?

ANY..Any info,even if it's bad info,is better than NO info.
    Hugs

You all certainly keep us on our toes! We have already released rates for a good portion of 2016 and the rates are some of the lowest you will see... We will be reviewing all of 2016 in the coming weeks and we'll alert you. Thanks so much and we look forward to welcoming you home in 2016.
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Blog Entries

Hi Justdiane and fellow MB fans,

Thank you for the questions. In my role as CRO I am not privy to rates and specials and timing of releases, so I have deferred to other Couples team members who will be answering your questions here soon. Thanks for your patience and I especially love the TWO countdowns. Definitely better than one!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by irie i View Post
    You all certainly keep us on our toes! We have already released rates for a good portion of 2016 and the rates are some of the lowest you will see... We will be reviewing all of 2016 in the coming weeks and we'll alert you. Thanks so much and we look forward to welcoming you home in 2016.
    It's 2015....all of 2016 is next. Planning is key for all and all of 2016 is now up for travel planning. As professionals, heads of families, individuals, etc., our fast-paced worlds almost compel us to plan....way ahead. Most of us don't have the luxury to plan a short period ahead of time for travel. Rates have only been released through April, 2016, yes? That's one-third of that year, not a "good portion", and many of us do not want to come to CN, when the sun goes down behind the point to the left out on the bay. I recognize that flights aren't listed so far out, but that is secondary to securing accommodations on the dates, and in the rooms, that we desire. Flights are secondary, as far as I'm concerned. If you want to welcome us home, please entice us to do so by allowing us to make reservations, when we need them; not when you belatedly get around to it. Nonetheless, Irie. TonyS

Tony if you call the Couples reservation line you can book a trip a the current rate for the dates you want. I think up to 2 years ahead. If it goes down you can cancel and book at the better rate. Chances are the rates will go up not down. I hope they don't but you never know.

Thanks for responding Ivonna and Carrie. I understand that rates were released for the very early part of 2016 but I was looking for the rates after high season. Usually after Easter the rates drop considerably and I guess I'm reading between the lines but Ivonna said the rates that were released, were one of the lowest we will see, so am to understand that there will be no early booking promos for 2016? I am in the same boat as Tony. We need to plan our vacations way in advance for monetary reasons as well as planning vacation days. Don't mean to beat you over the head with the questions pertaining to future rates, unfornately in our world, planning for the cost of vacation way in advance, is essential. Believe me, I wish that wasn't so!!!!! Again, thanks for the responses though it does look like two countdowns will be on hold for a little longer!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhenderson View Post
    Tony if you call the Couples reservation line you can book a trip a the current rate for the dates you want. I think up to 2 years ahead. If it goes down you can cancel and book at the better rate. Chances are the rates will go up not down. I hope they don't but you never know.
    Thanks, but I believe the 800# I called is the reservation line. No? I'll look for another reservation line, though, and let you know. Irie.

We are in the same boat as Justdiane. Would love a response also.
    Julie and Bill

Thank you for the input and sorry for creating confusion. I will do my best to help you.

“Next year rates” are usually issued in February/March. We have penciled in February 18th as the release date for April-December 2016 rates. I will let you know if we can make it sooner.

Until the remaining rates are released we will quote you “todays 2015” rate. You can secure your room with current rate and if the “new 2016” pricing is lower you can contact us and we will adjust your reservation.

If you are a repeat guest you know that some travel dates and some room categories are extremely popular. And don’t forget that we require only $400 deposit to book; the deposit is fully refundable up to 46 days prior arrival. If later on you need to modify your travel dates to adjust with airline availability our reservation agents will do their best to accommodate small changes.
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    Thanks, but I believe the 800# I called is the reservation line. No? I'll look for another reservation line, though, and let you know. Irie.
    Thank you. We are booked for ten days in June/July of 2016. I was booked with the 2015 rates. I agree, as it's hard to imagine rates going down (very much), while the likelihood of them going up seems more realistic. Either way, I have a reservation on the dates I want, and now I start moving ahead without it being on my mind.....CONSTANTLY!!!!! Irie. TonyS

Irie, there used to be a chart that showed each room category rate by day/week/month. Is that still available? We can't seem to find it and it was so helpful in deciding which room category we could afford and when!

Thanks!
    CSS 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Just a FYI another opportunity!!

The Issa Trust Foundation has partnered with the Iowa Lions Foundation and is hosting a chance for you to win a 5-night stay at Couples Resorts by simply donating to a wonderful cause.

Make a Donation of $25 or more and you will be automatically entered into the drawing until February 9th.

Enter to win here:
    http://issatrustfoundation.com/issa-...ns-foundation/

Thank you,
    Diane Pollard, President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation