Default Can You Get Something To Eat at MBJ while waiting for the shuttle?

Our flight a week from Monday gets in around 6 p.m. and it will have been a long time since lunch on the airplane, so I was wondering if there was a kiosk or stand in the airport to grab a meatpie or something to eat while waiting in the Couples Lounge for the shuttle.

As soon as you check-in, take your passport and head out the doors to your left. Turn right and you'll find meat patties.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

I believe there is a restaurant bar as you are exiting the airport and heading to your shuttle. If you ask one of the Couples staffers at the Lounge I'm sure they will be able to point you to a place to buy some food. We avoid this issue by purchasing the Arrival Package through Club Mobay. Their arrivals lounge is right next door to the Couples Lounge and they have sandwiches and other snacks plus wonderful rum punch which are included in the arrivals package! :-)

Thanks fawnridge!! Last year I saw a man walking to the Couples Lounge with a meat pattie in his hand and boy it sure looked good! Actually, I think he was coming from the direction of the doors to the outside, so thanks again, that will do nicely!!

Hey suzyQ, I was thinking about the Club Mobay Arrivals package as we always get the Departure package, but we arrive on a Monday at 6 p.m. and there probably won't be a lineup at Customs (I check the MBJ arrivals list) so I'm not sure about spending so much just for sandwiches and a rum punch, although as the Couples lounge only offers beer (which I don't drink) I could probably throw back several rum punches before the shuttle leaves!! lol

There almost isn't time to get something to eat, or at least that has been our experience. I always carry a large package of peanut butter crackers in my carry-on for times like that, but the patties do sound wonderful.

I remember getting into the lounge once and barely having enough time to use the rest room and finish a beer before the shuttle was ready to take us! 196 days...
    Lynn & Craig, Delaware
    CN 2000,2010,2015
    CTI 2009,2011,2015
    CSA 2012 & 2013

Those rum punches are THE BEST! I've slugged back several when we've gone. And they will give you one for each hand to take with you for the road! We always use Club MoBay. The sandwiches are always so refreshing.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    As soon as you check-in, take your passport and head out the doors to your left. Turn right and you'll find meat patties.
    We just arrived yesterday and they no longer sell patties outside the Montego bay airport arrival area. Also the mobay arrival service has really cut back what they offer. Just two kinds of sandwiches, chips and peanuts. They cut out they many other sandwich choices, sushi and patties that they offered less the a year ago. I could also go on about the cut backs that Couples Sans souci has done, but I will just mention that they no longer have any grace products and the new brand of ketchup is awful.

We usually pack snacks or things that will carry us for the different legs of the journey. On our last trip Cliff bars did us good. Of course by the time we hit CSA we took a b-line to the grill!
    CSA 2010, 2013
    CTI 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ice_blue48 View Post
    We just arrived yesterday and they no longer sell patties outside the Montego bay airport arrival area. Also the mobay arrival service has really cut back what they offer. Just two kinds of sandwiches, chips and peanuts. They cut out they many other sandwich choices, sushi and patties that they offered less the a year ago. I could also go on about the cut backs that Couples Sans souci has done, but I will just mention that they no longer have any grace products and the new brand of ketchup is awful.
    Wrong door. They've moved the patty shack. It's out the doors straight across from the Couples Lounge. We got patties last Friday.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)