Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lunch at CN

Default Lunch at CN

Not a big fan of the new lunch procedures at CN. We just came back & this is what you have to do now to eat at the beach grill.
    You have to wait to be seated. Then you have to wait for a waitress to take your drink order & give you a menu.Then you get you drinks & she places your order.
    Then you wait for quite a while until you get your order. Then you eat.
    We spent an hour and a half on lunch one day and that was the last time we ate there.We always ate there in the past but we want to get back on the beach not spend our afternoon at lunch.
    I know we can eat at Cassava but we used to like just getting a hot dog & fries at the beach grill.
    Just my opinion......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Not a big fan of the new lunch procedures at CN. We just came back & this is what you have to do now to eat at the beach grill.
    You have to wait to be seated. Then you have to wait for a waitress to take your drink order & give you a menu.Then you get you drinks & she places your order.
    We spent an hour and a half on lunch one day and that was the last time we ate there.We always ate there in the past but we want to get back on the beach not spend our afternoon at lunch.
    I know we can eat at Cassava but we used to like just getting a hot dog & fries at the beach grill.
    Just my opinion......
    I agree with you. I hope they change it back before we get there in Feb.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Yuck!!! That new lunch process sounds terrible! We were there this past May and like the old way...order up your food, grab a drink from the bar, pick a place to eat, pick up the food when it's ready and dig in. We agree with Captain Jim that the beach grill should be a place to grab a quick bite before heading back to the beach. Okay CN, it wasn't broke so...let's change it back.

Not digging that idea at all especially because we don't each lunch until late afternoon and Cassava always seems to be closed when we want to eat, leaving the beach grill as our only choice! Please change before we come back in January!

We stayed for 8 nights this past April...and I had jerk chicken for lunch at the Beach Grill 9 days in a row (I kind of like jerk chicken !). I hope things are worked out by this April as I would hate to think that I will spend 9x1.5=13.5 hours for lunch. The vibrating coaster deal was just about perfect.

That is a long time to wait. Maybe, because it's a new procedure, it just needs some time. Maybe it will get faster. I will just have to grab a drink before I sit, have the waitress bring me another, then order. No biggie. I kinda like the idea of being waited on. We went to CSS, the beach grill was awesome.
    One Love,
    Mya

Wow! I hope that is not the Normal. We love eating there for lunch, Jerk Chicken, Hamburgs! Be there in a week and sure hope things are not that way!!! Was just a great place to grab a bite and head back to the beach. Not liking the idea of being seated and waited upon

i.5 hours for lunch is ridiculous. Island time or not!

I also will not like this new lunch deal.

Hugs from Tommywommy of 10 0 C
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tommywommy - all of your activity lately screams "get thee to CN!!!" We will be there April 9-17...let's do lunch.
    (hopefully it won't take an hour & a half)

CN trip#5 Jan 30 2015. Please go back to the buzzers like it was before. I don't like leaving that beautiful beach in the daylight hours any more than I have to!! It's so nice to be able to grab a quick lunch and be back on the beach 30 minutes later.

We were there when the procedure changed. For the record, not sure we are fans of it, but at the same time, it seems Couples just can't win.

We asked about the change and were told by management that one of the main guest complaints has been that the wait time for the beachgrill at lunch can be far too long.

This stressed the BG staff b/c for years they've worked as hard as they can, but the 'order-at-the-counter' procedure would cause a bottleneck there and they got poor reviews. Solution was ala carte (order from the menu from a waiter/waitress - not at the grill, freeing up the cooks to , well, cook).

We did mostly prefer the old way, but also experienced (on occasion) long, long wait times that way as well.

Not sure of the optimal solution, but at least want to recognize that Couples made the change in order to address guests' concerns.

I hope they realize the old way was working great. Ordering your food and waiting for the buzzer to go off is perfect for the BG atmosphere. If you want to sit down and order from a menu or go to a buffet there are places for that. Please return back to the old format.

I completely agree with Jndp!!!!!! Seems like a better solution would be to have one person dedicated to taking orders at the counter while the cooks do the cooking.

Not to worry, the wait isn't long. We ate their every day when we were at CN two weeks ago. We never waited more than 10 minutes for our food, and were able to order at the counter, get a buzzer and sit where we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Just my opinion......
    Folks, don't know what all the hoopla is about. Just returned November 20. A staff member takes your order at the counter and hands you a buzzer. You find your own table, grab a drink, and wait for your buzzer to go off. Then you pick up your order at the counter just like always. Again, the only difference I saw was that, rather than having to interrupt one of the cooks to place your order, you place your order with a staff member standing at the counter. No waiting to be seated, no menus, no waiting on someone to take your order. Maybe there were a lot of guest complaints, but I can assure you the process is very streamlined now.

Yes!! We loved the old beach grill system!

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Mon View Post
    Folks, don't know what all the hoopla is about. Just returned November 20. A staff member takes your order at the counter and hands you a buzzer. You find your own table, grab a drink, and wait for your buzzer to go off. Then you pick up your order at the counter just like always. Again, the only difference I saw was that, rather than having to interrupt one of the cooks to place your order, you place your order with a staff member standing at the counter. No waiting to be seated, no menus, no waiting on someone to take your order. Maybe there were a lot of guest complaints, but I can assure you the process is very streamlined now.
    This is great news!
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Everyone can relax Mon! The lunch at beach grill is still the same except they take your order in front of the counter and there is table service on most tables when you come in. Same buzzers and timeframe. All is Irie!

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Mon View Post
    That's not how it was in October. You had to be seated, then order from a waitress. Then wait for your food.
    The old buzzer system as you describe is the way it used to be. Maybe they went back to that system.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

The old way wasn't always working. If the new system starts reflecting the beach grill at CSS for lunch then I will love it! Our last few trips to CN we always had problems at the beach grill. They took orders in order and the served them in the order they were taken, which sounds fine on the surface but makes no sense. Those of us waiting for Jerk Chicken (which is pretty much ready all day) had to wait 30 minutes while other burger orders were cooked and filled. The wait was not only long, it was also uncomfortable because instead of sitting at our table enjoying a drink while we waited for our food I had to lurk around the grill so as no to miss when our lunch was ready to be picked up. Table service at the beach grill as I enjoy a drink with my wife sounds perfect to me!
    I can live with it the old way (hell, I keep going back... ) but I like the sounds of the new system. The beach grill at CSS is our favorite place to eat there for all these same reasons.
    RH

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    The old way wasn't always working. If the new system starts reflecting the beach grill at CSS for lunch then I will love it! Our last few trips to CN we always had problems at the beach grill. They took orders in order and the served them in the order they were taken, which sounds fine on the surface but makes no sense. Those of us waiting for Jerk Chicken (which is pretty much ready all day) had to wait 30 minutes while other burger orders were cooked and filled. The wait was not only long, it was also uncomfortable because instead of sitting at our table enjoying a drink while we waited for our food I had to lurk around the grill so as no to miss when our lunch was ready to be picked up. Table service at the beach grill as I enjoy a drink with my wife sounds perfect to me!
    I can live with it the old way (hell, I keep going back... ) but I like the sounds of the new system. The beach grill at CSS is our favorite place to eat there for all these same reasons.
    RH
    After you ordered why didn't you sit down at a table and enjoy a drink? They gave you one of those flashy things to let you know when your order was ready
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I can see both sides to a degree, but I do think the older either buzzer or number way is a better "fit" for a beach grill. The Beach grill is a great spot for a full lunch but also serves as a spot to get a snack or light meal between your full meals or if you miss the buffet. Sometimes you just want an order of fries or a small order of jerk chicken or split a hot dog. I don't want to be seated and wait for drinks and wait for the order to be served to me. Go to the counter and place your order, go grab a red stripe at the bar, find a table and get your silver ware, then just wait for your buzzer/number. Seems a lot less complicated.

We were also there (for the first time) Nov 19-26..we ordered at the counter, sat down and waited for our buzzer to go off. No problem...very easy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2havinfun View Post
    Everyone can relax Mon! The lunch at beach grill is still the same except they take your order in front of the counter and there is table service on most tables when you come in. Same buzzers and timeframe. All is Irie!

This is what we found too.....you don't HAVE to sit down and wait to eat. You can order it and get the buzzers. I saw lots of people with those. Didn't seem to be an issue. All was awesome when we were there in November.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast