Blog Entries

Default Issa Trust Foundation Inhalers for Jamaica

So many of us take the simplest of things for granted; we lack the acknowledgment of what a blessing the simplest things are. Take breathing for example. Itís likely most of us have never thought for one second about breathing, except for maybe when performing a hard work out or running a marathon.

The cost of inhalers is beyond the means for many parents in Jamaica with children suffering from asthma. The demand is great and after day 3 of our recent medical mission we ran out of our supply.

One of our returning Issa Trust Foundation volunteers, Monica Keleher with her brotherís assistance, wanted to do something when she saw the tremendous need to treat asthma during our medical mission.

In order to fulfill the need for our July and September 2015 missions, we are trying our hand at an online fundraising campaign to help a child breathe by raising enough money to purchase 700 inhalers.

We urge you to both support this effort and spread the word to your friends and colleagues.

Click here: https://onemissionfundraising.com/fu...s-for-jamaica/

Thank you for your consideration and support. The mission of the Issa Trust Foundation is to provide a system of prevention, health promotion and education, community health improvement and other services to promote well-being and development for the people of Jamaica.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

We are coming to C.N. on Sunday for 2 weeks. I have the inhaler/puffer Symbicort with a couple of repeats. Would it be of any benefit if I got a repeat now and brought it with me. Can you give it to somebody ?

Diane,
    We will be in Ochi in three weeks. If I donate to Issa Trust Foundation when I check out, can I specify that it go to the Inhaler Mission?

I love this initiative! I have asthma and so does my daughter, and I can't imagine how frightening it would be to be having an asthma attack without access to a Ventolin inhaler. As far as Symbicort, my doctor wrote me a prescription recently and my insurance turned it down. It would have been $330 for a month's supply for me to self-pay--prohibitive on an American salary! I was fortunate that my doctor had samples from the pharmaceutical company he could give me. The World Health Organization reports that asthma deaths are most likely to occur in low income countries. What is easily treatable and manageable for us in the U.S. and Canada can easily become life-threatening for someone without access to medications and emergency care.

I think of the beautiful faces of the children I have seen and known in Jamaica and I imagine the fear on them and their parents if they cannot breathe with ease. I hope others will also be touched by this and will give generously. One love.

For years and years there have been so many posts on this message board about tipping the employees of The Couples Resorts.

For the most part the Canadian and Americans are use to tipping and so many guests of Couples want to tip BUT CAN NOT.

SO..A great way to tip in Jamaica is to donate to The Issa Trust Foundation.

I know from experience that donating to The ISSA Trust Foundation makes for a wonderful feeling.

Take just a minute and think of the wonderful trips we have all taken to a Couples resort and then donate your tips to a very worthy cause.The ISSA Trust Foundation.

Hugs from Tommywommy of 10 0 C

Thanks to all for your continued support! Feeling the Love!
    Diane Pollard, President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation

Thank you so much for your support and donations for the fundraiser! Your donations helped us purchase 200 inhalers! The children Thank YOU!!!
    Diane Pollard, President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation