Thread: Csa 10/3/2014

Default Csa 10/3/2014

Below is a write up of our trip to Jamaica;

Finally, our day to go to our favorite place, Couples Resorts in Jamaica, has arrived. Our flight departs Nashville at 5:30. Boarding at 5. Figured we needed to be at the airport by 3 am, to load luggage, as airport rules to be there at least 2 hours before boarding. Can't sleep, so we head for the airport at 1 am. There by 2. OK, buses from the parking lots don't start until 3:30. will need to walk to the terminal. Not a bad walk, if it's not storming!! Fortunately, I keep a rain poncho in the trunk of the car. Back at the terminal, with Linda, we discover Luggage Check doesn't open until 4:15!! Once open, we also discover the airline (Delta) charges $25/checked bag. Not a nice surprise.

Flight to Atlanta went well. With plenty of layover there. Breakfast, and a good wait. A storm delayed many flights in and out. At least we weren't doing the "O.J. Simpson Run" through the airport (most here are way to young to remember that commercial). Our plane was late getting in, and boarding, as well. But once on board our plane, we got a 45 minute delay for takeoff. Flight to Montego Bay was long, but uneventful. Customs went pretty good, Bags located, and a short wait at the Couples Lounge, with a cold Red Stripe Beer, to wait our shuttle bus to Couples Swept Away (CSA). Just got into Jamaica later than I had hoped. And later to the resort.

By the time we get to CSA, it's dark, and we're hungry. Hoping to find any restaurant, we head for what I hope is west. Fall in with a group heading for what turned out to be the Palms Restaurant. LOTS of good food!! And a few drinks. I had kept track of the turns there, so had no problem finding our way back. We took a couple Rum Creams with us, and enjoyed listening to the Tree Frogs, as we drank our Night Cap.

First full day. Too big, but awesome, breakfast. Signed up for activities and restaurants. Took the resort tour. Loved our guide, Chanice. Back to the beach for more sun and surf. Late afternoon, got ready for dinner at Lemongrass. And martinis.

Second full day in paradise. After breakfast on the Veranda, did a little beach wandering. Got our Palapas (?) Empty, and spent most of the day there. Was also visited by the resort dog. Late morning, we both tried (for the first time), snorkeling. That was awesome!! A lot more beach time, and drinks consumed. Dinner was at Patois. Linda found a fabulous long black dress at the Gift Shop, that she's wearing for the Returnee's Dinner and photo shoot.

Third full day. Coffee and rum cream on the deck. Then down to the palms for food. They had a stewed Chicken Livers, with tomatoes and onions. Amazing!! Over to watersports to book glass bottom boat for today. On the beach, our favorite Palapa was nabbed. But found one open on the far south side. Spent the morning there. For the afternoon; scheduled/booked sunset cruise, photo shoot (6:30), and returnee's dinner. Then I realized, there is no way we'll be back in time from the Cruise, and make the Photo Shoot. At the front desk; "no problem Mon". Rescheduled the Cat Cruise for tonight (Tuesday). Got in a sail boat ride in the afternoon. Then it was back to the room to get ready for pics and Returnee's Dinner. The meal was amazing. And our table host was the resort's manager. After dinner, we wandered back to Palms, to hear some great reggae music. Even danced. And I don't dance!! Great evening.

Last full day. Breakfast, then staked out our spot, for some beach time. Did the glass bottom boat later in the morning. More beach time, then walked south 10 minutes to Margaritaville. Got a couple drinks, and a couple Ts. Definitely not a "cookie cutter" Margaritaville. More beach time, then the Cat Cruise. Always good fun, and great sunset. Dinner at Petois, martinis and dancing at Palms.

And now, the last morning. But we will be back. Sitting on the "Crying Couch", waiting the shuttle bus back to Montego Bay. Nice drive. Always enjoy the shuttle, especially with a good driver. Through Security, and a little Duty Free shopping. Gotta load up on Rum Creams!! Flight back was good, and even Customs in Atlanta went well. The only real bad part, was at Nashville. One of our bags was still in Atlanta. Finally arrive 2 hours later. Oh well, safely home now. I have a couple hundred pics to edit when we get home. That will keep me busy for a few days. They will be in albums on my, and Linda's, Facebook page. For those here at CSA, or yet to come; expect a wonderful time.

There were a few Resort Lessons Learned (RLLs) on this trip;

RLL 1; Do not drink or eat so much the first night, that you are sick the entire second day. Saw this with a couple we rode on the bus with.

RLL 2; There is a difference between "Hot Nuts" and "Goat Nuts". Don't ask!

RLL 3; Don't book more activities, than you have the time to do.

RLL 4; Blue Mountain Coffee and a Rum Cream, on the Veranda, is a great way to start any day. Especially in Jamaica!

RLL 4; It is better to get the cheapest room at Couples (there ARE no bad rooms) and have an extra day(s); than spend more for a room, and have fewer days.

RLL 5; Eat at all the restaurants.

RLL 6; Try all the soups.

RLL 7; Snorkeling is awesome at CSA.

RLL 8; Rum Creams on the Veranda, serenaded by Tree Frogs, make for a wonderful ending of each day.

As usual, a linc to the photo album is below;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/820808...7648734845442/

Thanks for the review! My wife and I are a little confused on your flight to Jamaica though. You were scheduled to take off at 5:30am, but with delays and a layover, you don't arrive on resort until dark? How long were the delays and the ATL layover?! The only reason I ask is because we live in Iowa, and the flights we are looking at leave des moines about 6 and arrive in Mobay around 2.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

Great Pic's! Can't wait till the end of March!!!

Wow beautiful pictures! What did you use to take the pictures of snorkeling ?? They are gorgeous!

We love your photos. They will keep me motivated until we make it back in August for our anniversary. I see many of our favourite staff members are still there; thank goodness.

We can tell you enjoyed yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    Thanks for the review! My wife and I are a little confused on your flight to Jamaica though. You were scheduled to take off at 5:30am, but with delays and a layover, you don't arrive on resort until dark? How long were the delays and the ATL layover?! The only reason I ask is because we live in Iowa, and the flights we are looking at leave des moines about 6 and arrive in Mobay around 2.
    .....We didn't get to CSA until AFTER 7 pm. 2:00 was the time we were SUPPOSED to have got to Mobay. But was actually almost 4.

Loved the pictures and the review. My wife and I will be there in 7 days 5 hours along with some other family members to celebrate our 42 wedding anniversary.

Heading there on Sunday! Thanks so much for the pictures, as we haven't been to CSA, only CTI. Excited!!!

We travel from Omaha. You need to figure you won't get to the resort for almost 2 hours (or more) after you land by the time you go through customs and ride the bus. Last trip we landed at 11:50 and were on the beach by 2:30. The first trip we landed at 3 and weren't at there resort until after dark (approximately 6:00). Both times we got through customs quickly but had varying waits at the lounge (first trip about 15-20 minutes, second about 5). Traffic also played a part.

Hope this helps.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

CSA was even better than we expected.

.....The 5:30 am flight was out of Nashville. Then we had a long 4 + hour layover in Atlanta. It WAS a long day!!

Awesome pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. You too look fabulous!! I love your wife's vareity of swim suits. After all you can never have too many swimsuits!!
    One Love,
    Mya

We did have a wonderful time.

All great "RLL" suggestions. I am a big fan of rum cream in my coffee while sitting on the verandah and watching the resort wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    .....We didn't get to CSA until AFTER 7 pm. 2:00 was the time we were SUPPOSED to have got to Mobay. But was actually almost 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    We travel from Omaha. You need to figure you won't get to the resort for almost 2 hours (or more) after you land by the time you go through customs and ride the bus. Last trip we landed at 11:50 and were on the beach by 2:30. The first trip we landed at 3 and weren't at there resort until after dark (approximately 6:00). Both times we got through customs quickly but had varying waits at the lounge (first trip about 15-20 minutes, second about 5). Traffic also played a part.

Hope this helps.
    .....The 5:30 am flight was out of Nashville. Then we had a long 4 + hour layover in Atlanta. It WAS a long day!!
    Wow yeah that IS a long day. We have been to Couples twice now. I will say both times we chose to do overnight flights, so we could get to the resort earlier, so that does make a difference. Our travel time is technically closer to 18-24 hours. One time we travelled without Club Mobay, the other we chose to use it. Both times it took 15 minutes to get from the plane to the lounge, and less than 10 minutes for the bus to leave, so were were on resort within 2-2:15 hours from the time we landed. The flight we are looking at for 2015 leaves Des Moines at 6:45am, and is scheduled to land in Mobay at 2:05pm. Fingers crossed there are no delays!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

your pictures are fantastic and your wife is just adorable, thank you for sharing your adventures!

Kurt and Angie,
    We travel from Omaha also, to CSA. Trip #6 coming up in December and trip #7 in April 2015. This is the first time we have had two trips at a time scheduled.

I will need o see what arrive in the morning to Mobay next time. Lost way too much of a day.

Flight to Atlanta went well. With plenty of layover there. Breakfast, and a good wait. A storm delayed many flights in and out. At least we weren't doing the "O.J. Simpson Run" through the airport (most here are way to young to remember that commercial).
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/820808...7648734845442/
    Oh yes, I remember that commercial and involuntarily did a reenactment of it on our last return trip through Atlanta. Nothing better than having a great week at CSA to wind down, relax then put on your running shoes to blast through the airport! Great review, thanks!
    CSA 2010, 2013
    CTI 2015