Default CSS/SSB verus CN

We loved our experience at CSS/SSB and have booked to return on May 22nd of 2015 for 10 days.

Just curious about some of the difference at CN. The pictures sure make the beach and ocean look amazing at CN. How's the pool, or is there a pool and bar at the AN side? How does it compare to SSB? What couldn't be beat at SSB were the people for sure. We loved it. Just wonder if we might be missing something by not trying something new?

BTW it was our first AN experience ever.

Thanks
    Counting the days until paradise...

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleCouple View Post
    We loved our experience at CSS/SSB and have booked to return on May 22nd of 2015 for 10 days.

Just curious about some of the difference at CN. The pictures sure make the beach and ocean look amazing at CN. How's the pool, or is there a pool and bar at the AN side? How does it compare to SSB? What couldn't be beat at SSB were the people for sure. We loved it. Just wonder if we might be missing something by not trying something new?

BTW it was our first AN experience ever.

Thanks
    There is no A/N pool. There is an A/N hot tub, though.

In general, I found the A/N side of CN to be a little less social than the A/N area of either CTI or CSS. I think that's probably because there is no pool on the A/N side at CN. I found that the socializing that does happen at the CN A/N area occurs in the water, out in the ocean.

Let me just say that I truly enjoy the A/N area at CN - it's absolutely beautiful. Also, I come to CN to be with my husband, not to spend my day socializing with other people. So for me, the A/N side of CN is perfect. But if you are a social butterfly who enjoys a lot of interaction with people other than your S.O., you might find the A/N area of CN to be a little too quiet.

Nashville Couple... Clearly the beach and ocean at CN are awesome and quite unlike the same at Sunset Beach. Both sites have their advantages and you most likely would have an awesome time at either. There in no AN pool at CN but there is a large hot tub. Truth be told, we have never been to CN as my lovely wife and I can not pull ourselves away from CSS and Sunset Beach. Funny truth is that the wife wanted a long, white sand beach and warm tropical water for her 50th B-day. CN would have provided that to be sure, but with the help of a travel agent we ended up at CSS and loved it so much that no serious thought about switching has happened. The positives at CSS outweigh the missing elements (i.e. compact beach and cool, rocky water at SSB). One thing to keep in mind is that Sunset Beach is a private beach and the beach at Negril is not. That does make a difference to us. Both CSS and CN are unique properties and you probably can't go wrong here. If we had more vacation time then I am sure we would have tried Couples Negril by now.

Yes, the people at CSS are amazing. We have met some awesome personalities there. Surely this also happens at Couples Negril. In some strange and inexplicable way, going au-natural with other people you don't even know drops so many societal and cultural barriers and levels the field that there just isn't any way to explain it. I'm so glad that my amazing wife and I discovered this in our early "middle age." As soon as we have an "extra week" of time off, we will try Couples Negril.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    ... I found that the socializing that does happen at the CN A/N area occurs in the water, out in the ocean. ...
    Totally agree with the above. We have found the socializing to be more in the ocean than at the beach. During a short shower, it may occur at the bar. But the ocean tends to bring people together to talk.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    There is no A/N pool. There is an A/N hot tub, though.

In general, I found the A/N side of CN to be a little less social than the A/N area of either CTI or CSS. I think that's probably because there is no pool on the A/N side at CN. I found that the socializing that does happen at the CN A/N area occurs in the water, out in the ocean.

Let me just say that I truly enjoy the A/N area at CN - it's absolutely beautiful. Also, I come to CN to be with my husband, not to spend my day socializing with other people. So for me, the A/N side of CN is perfect. But if you are a social butterfly who enjoys a lot of interaction with people other than your S.O., you might find the A/N area of CN to be a little too quiet.
    I think CN A/N gets a bad rap for being anti-social. CN appears to be less social more because of the layout rather than less social people. The pool areas at CTI and CSS are like designated areas where people go to be social. Due to the lack of a pool area, CN is more like a high school dance, where many people remain wallflowers until they get an indication of who wants to be social and who wants to be left alone.

If you are outgoing and don't mind being one to break the ice, then you'll meet lots of great people there.

I can attest to CN being more social than it first may appear.... i know that time of year may also effect this as well. We have been going to the CN AN beach for many years dating back to when they first put in the Hot Tub. We go during the beginning of the high season over the Superbowl.... matter of fact I don't think I have watched the Superbowl in the states in nearly a decade... I digress... During high season the beach is at about 80-90% capacity (no kidding--some of those that go during the low season always mention that there is only a few couples there). So there is probably 30+ couples on the beach. It is typically a respectful vibe ...most of the day it may be more reserved and quiet with a some chit chat here and there... but usually late in the afternoon there typically alot of socializing going on. It may be just the time we go... since over the years we have "collected" couples that were only going to be there once.... but after such a good time they come back at the same time the next year.. and the next year.... during the last week end of Jan thru the first week of Feb or so we literally have about 20+ couples that come back again and again. Yes it is an eclectic group ranging in age from the mid-20s to the mid-70s with most between 35-55... many from east coast, midwest, west coast, the rockies, western Canada, central Canada, Germany and the UK....but we all have one thing in common... that is we just thoroughly enjoy the CN AN area and of course the best beach in the world on bloody bay.
    ...just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    I think CN A/N gets a bad rap for being anti-social. CN appears to be less social more because of the layout rather than less social people.
    Yes, I agree. In no way did I mean to imply that CN or the people at CN are anti-social. It's just that without a pool there is no central "gathering place" for people to congregate and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulphead View Post
    I can attest to CN being more social than it first may appear.... i know that time of year may also effect this as well. We have been going to the CN AN beach for many years dating back to when they first put in the Hot Tub. We go during the beginning of the high season over the Superbowl.... matter of fact I don't think I have watched the Superbowl in the states in nearly a decade... I digress... During high season the beach is at about 80-90% capacity (no kidding--some of those that go during the low season always mention that there is only a few couples there).
    We normally go during the low season, and yes, there are usually only a handful of couples on the A/N beach. Sometimes we are the only couple on the A/N beach. With fewer couples then there is less opportunity to be social. However, we usually make one or two friends on the A/N beach, even at low season.