Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thinking about a split stay... CSS w/?

We already have our 4th trip booked to CSS, end of April. We have never stayed at another Couples resort.

Was kicking around the idea of doing a split stay this time. Possibly CN first (5 days), then CSS (5 days). Would like to try something new but love the familiarity of CSS and don't want to be let down. I'm sure hubby would love to try a new place to scuba dive as well.

Any CSS lovers ever do a split stay, where and what did you think? Thanks!

Stacey & Pete

We've done one - CTI / CSA - and have a second one planned for Fall 2015 - CSS / CSA. The one thing I will suggest is that you stay 7 days at one of the two resorts to get your Repeater's credits.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

I have only ever been to CN (other than a trading places for a day at CSA...we hung out for a couple of hours and grabbed a cab back to CN). I cannot imagine anyone ever being disappointed with CN. That said, we are going for our first stay at CSS in December. I am cautiously optimistic (fully aware that I must suppress CN comparisons/expectations). I know it will be great.

We have done the CSS to CN split twice and really enjoyed it. 3 days at CSS then 7 at CN. The first time we weren't sure if we would like CSS so we gave it a trial 3 day stay knowing we would end up home at CN but we really liked it so we've been back 6 more times. We flew with TimAir which was fun but expensive. We considered it an excursion and we got to fly out of the Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel to Negril, right across the street from CN. The pilot flew low along the coast so we really enjoyed the flight. Next time we will probably take the shuttle since you don't have to go back through MBJ anymore. We still love CN, too, of course.

Hi Stacey & Pete!

CN and CSS are our favorite 2 Couples Resorts. We wouldn't turn down a stay at the other 2 but prefer those. They are comparable in being a little more spread out while having the things you do most (i.e. beach, pool, daytime restaurants, beach bar, etc.) more centrally located.

Not sure about the "staying 7 days...to get Repeater's credits" mentioned by Fawnridge. Romance Rewards on Couples site says "three night minimum stay required to receive benefits".

As for snorkeling/SCUBA...the Negril side is awesome!! Water is usually calmer and more clear.

We typically do split stays as you described. Starting at one and finishing up our vacation at our favorite. We've done one split stay across the island, CSA/CSS and realized that about a half day is lost as it's about 2.5-3 hours between the Ocho Rios and Negril resorts. Now we do our splits on the same side of the island. Split stays are a great option as you get two vacations in one (so to speak).

Hope this helps in your decision and that you have a great stay!

Never had the thought of doing a split stay as the other couples hotels are far too big for us. We are only going to CSS, have been to CTI for a trading day but didn't like it at all. We love the small CSS not so many people that's why we come back
    Yam'on
    CSS 2012
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014
    CSS 2015 soon come

Fawnridge,
    Why wouldn't you get rewards if u split a week stay at both resorts?

CN! Schedule your transfer for 6am and you'll be at CN by 8:15!
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

One of the things that make our vacations special is meeting people and making new friends. So one thing I don't like about a split is that it takes a little while to settle in and get to know some of the guests, and then when you do connect with some of the couples, you only have a day or two left to enjoy their company.

We stayed at css in March 2013 and will return Feb 2015. We stayed at CN in Aug 2014. We enjoyed both and will return to both again. Done my PADI at CN, first time doing scuba, it was great. Looking forward to css scuba in Feb.

I believe you must stay 7 nights or more at 1 resort to recieve the early booking bonus resort credits, if you booked during a promotion offering extra resort credits. You only have to stay a minimum of 3 nights at each resort to recieve the repeaters rewards.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Our first trip to Couples was 2013 for our wedding. We loved it so much we booked a return trip within two weeks of leaving. We wanted to check out other resorts, but couldn't stand to not return to CSS. So We booked a 2 week split stay between CN and CSS. We LOVED it! We checked out the message board, and found Wally's suggestion of leaving at 6 to avoid traffic. We took this suggestion, but the front desk lady said 6 was too early, and recommended we leave at 7. We said sure, that would be fine. The day of departure, which was a Saturday, we actually ended up pulling out at 7:15. There was little to no traffic, and we made great time. We were at CSS, checked in, and walking to breakfast by 9:45!!

We also had the same thought as you, of doing the "new" resort first, just in case we didn't like it. We absolutely loved it, and were having a horrible time deciding which was our favorite. CSS ended up winning, but it was definitely a close one. We have our 2015 trip booked for CSS, but are hoping for a 2016 return trip to CN.

Oh, The scuba diving and snorkeling at CN are fantastic! We saw so many different forms of sea life that we didn't see at CSS! My next item on the agenda is to get my wife to go night snorkeling... Fingers crossed!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

We were married at CSS and have been there 4 times now. We love the resort but if you are looking for a change of pace from there I highly recommend CSA where we have been 5 times! That is our absolute favorite Couples Resort. Spread out and never feels crowded. Great location on the Seven Mile Beach from which you can take long strolls along the shore line past other resorts and local shops, etc. We do this every day taking a different direction and have always enjoyed the locals and sights. The water at CSA is usually very calm which allows you to lay out on your floatie and relax in the warm Caribbean waters. Sunset Booze Cruise on the catamaran down the coast is included.
    We recently did a split trip between CTI and CSA. Having been to all the resorts I would still actually recommend CSA as you want to try something new.
    Enjoy...ya mon.

My wife and I have been to CSS 2 times and trip # 3 is set for April 2015. We want to try the Negril side of the Island but I am not sure whitch one to go to. We love the private beach of CSS but want to check out the beaches of Negril. We here alot about the vendors on the beach, some say they are very anoying but others say they are not that bad. We are worried that we will miss the privacy of CSS so that's why we are thinking about a split stay. I think we will try CN for 3 days and then back to CSS for 6days to finish the trip. Am I worring about the vendors to much?

Don't sit close to the waters edge and you won't be bothered by the vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by jhenderson View Post
    My wife and I have been to CSS 2 times and trip # 3 is set for April 2015. We want to try the Negril side of the Island but I am not sure whitch one to go to. We love the private beach of CSS but want to check out the beaches of Negril. We here alot about the vendors on the beach, some say they are very anoying but others say they are not that bad. We are worried that we will miss the privacy of CSS so that's why we are thinking about a split stay. I think we will try CN for 3 days and then back to CSS for 6days to finish the trip. Am I worring about the vendors to much?
    Yes! The vendors have to stay right along the water's edge and there really aren't that many of them. Security keeps them from entering the resort. They will not approach you. If you look at them, they may hold up their wares to show you what they have, but a simple nod is all it takes. They are not aggressive at all. Security makes sure of that. In fact, if you approach one of them to look at their stuff, a security guard will magically appear and watch and listen in on the whole conversation.

Now, if you go to walk down the beach off the resort they will be more aggressive. If you go to the craft market across the street from CN, or downtown Negril, you will see the most aggressive of all. They insist you look at their stuff and don't take "no" for an answer. They feel like you owe them a look. Once you look in their shop, "and say "no thanks" a lot, they will stop bothering you.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Quote Originally Posted by jhenderson View Post
    The venders pretty much walk the water line and don't come up on the beach. Basically the same guys every day. Half of them are musicians and its really charming if they play. A few songs, pay $5 and if you like it buy the CD. If not, just enjoy what others pay for. The conch shell man is cool. If you stop to talk to them, they will engage you. Most are respectful if you say no. Security is really all over it so no worries.

If you move your chair right near the water you might get annoyed. The shady parts are a bit back. Since you spend half the day floating, no need to be that close to the water. basically, they are not a nuisance.

I like the vendors. They really don't bother you, they stay at the water line, and if tell them "no thank you" they are cool with that. I enjoy the beach musicians...they are fun! I've posted this before, but here is my buddy playing guitar with Donnovan:
    http://youtu.be/vJc9lM2jfXw
    It makes me smile every time I hear Donnavon say "yeah man, sweet like sugar!"

I also have come to really enjoy the cigarette man (even though I don't smoke cigarettes). His "Cigarettes, cigars, it's gonna be a hot, hot, hot night" call is infectious! Donnavon wrote a song about him...here they are doing it together:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdp3rghPGzA

We have done both the CN/CSS split as well as the CTI/CSS split and booked for the latter again in February. Like you, CSS will always be "our" first choice for our couples home. We would never dream of not going there for the beauty, nature and staff.
    We enjoyed both splits. Each resort has it's own qualities. We loved the long beach and resort at CN but it is a longer drive - although a beautiful scenic drive. We also love CTI, the drive is short and it is a different atmosphere from CSS.
    We chose to do CTI/CSS split this next trip because of the shorter drive and the price (negril is more expensive than ochi).
    Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed.

Jhenderson yes you are worrying about the vendors too much. Relax and enjoy your time in Negril.

Responding to the 1st poster.

A split between CSS and CN would be my choice. I've been to both - absolutely loved CSS ( went after 4 visits to CN) but we prefer CN because of the beach. The public nude beach takes a bit getting used to but once you get over the people walking and sometimes looking into the AN area it's not really a big deal.

CSS had the best AN area by far but the beaches there are much much different.

We talked about a split but only have 7 days to travel and the idea of packing up and moving was a drawback for booking a split for us.

We return for our 6th trip to CN in a few weeks.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I like the vendors. They really don't bother you, they stay at the water line, and if tell them "no thank you" they are cool with that. I enjoy the beach musicians...they are fun! I've posted this before, but here is my buddy playing guitar with Donnovan:
    http://youtu.be/vJc9lM2jfXw
    It makes me smile every time I hear Donnavon say "yeah man, sweet like sugar!"

I also have come to really enjoy the cigarette man (even though I don't smoke cigarettes). His "Cigarettes, cigars, it's gonna be a hot, hot, hot night" call is infectious! Donnavon wrote a song about him...here they are doing it together:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdp3rghPGzA
    if you wanta sensemilla you can get that too

Brilliant!

Thanks for all the help. I think we will do 4 days at CN and then back to CSS. I want to dive and many say that the diving is better on the Negril side. Seems like you can't go wrong with Couples. Thanks again.

If you do a split stay do you get the romance rewards at both resorts and if you only get it once do you have to spend all of the resort credit at one resort?

Good morning everyone.
    Jen and I are getting ready to fly out this Sunday for our annual vacation. We spend two weeks in Jamaica for a couple of reasons: one is we live on the west coast and the flight there is about 16 hours from start to getting to the resort. So we are pretty much worn out by the time we get there. So, the first two days are spent getting used to the hours and jet lag. If we were to stay for seven days then leave, we would not have much of a vacation. So we decided to get the best value for the money we're spending. The first time we spent 10 days at CTI and loved it. It was the best vacation we had in a very long time. We did a one day swap at CSS and loved the beach.
    So our next trip we decided to spend 7 days at CTI and 7 Days at CSS. Our parents joined us during the 7 days at CSS, they had been to CTI before so they wanted to try another resort. During this trip we received hotel credits and romance benefits at both resorts. which were fantastic for us, it bought alot of our souveniors for the kids (LOL), massages, bottles of wine at dinner, and stuff we needed at the resort. That was the most relaxing vacation of all time, except for when I broke my father in-law playing ping pong. He ended up having knee surgery upon return to the states. It was a great game. he was happy because the entertainment lady took a liking to him and pampered him the rest of the vacation since he was basicailly wheel chair bound.
    The transfer between the resorts only took the time to repack, go to the lobby and hop on the van, get to the other resort where the room is waiting for you and unpacking your cloths. That took maybe at the most two hours. Well worth it.
    Ever since then we have done the 7 days at one and 7 days at the other. We have thought about going to the other side of the island, but We love both CTI & CSS, so I don't see us making that move anytime soon.
    Somebody mentioned earlier that they did not like moving because it was hard finding new friends at the other resort. I agree and disagree with this. The option is up to you if you are going to find new people to enjoy your vacation with. When you get to the other resort, walk up to a couple and say "hello, We just came from ????? resort, what's fun to do here?" That will get you into a conversation of whats going on there, and they will be interested in what is going on at the other resort. Its a good ice breaker.
    If you want the most for your money and the best vacation in your lifetime, I recommend doing the 7 days at each resort. Whether it be on the other side of the island or the swap between both. We book a year in advance, that also helps save alot of money.
    Well I hope this helps. I'm going home to finish packing. jen and I will be on a plane this Sunday. Hope somebody has a couple Dirty Bananas waiting for us. :>)
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast