Default CN Veggie Bar Update

Received a reply from Gary of Couples on the TA Negril forum that the veggie bar will have a similar menu (a menu has not been finalized) like the ones offered at Sea Grapes and the CTI veggie bar!!!!

I am curious... does anybody have these similar menus that you are talking about that could be posted?
    Thanks

They are here on the website. If you click on CSA/CTI it will show restaurant options and then click sample menus for each restaurant at the resorts They also give the hours.

Veggie bar sounds awful.

1.I conjure up image's of wasted attendee's "Vegging out"......
    2.talking Veggies hanging out with each other.

Perhaps number 2 can't happen without no. 1?

Seagrapes is a favorite for light lunch or late afternoon snack. The smoothies tend to be very light and refreshing. Can't drink booze all day long. Otherwise your hitting on the veggies at the bar and no telling what happens next!

Sorry, but what the heck is a veggie bar? Is it sort of like a buffet where you avoid the bacon?

Where will it be located?

It is to be located near the bathrooms close to the beach grill and Lychee entrance area. Bert, I guess you have not been to CSA or CTI. If you look at the sample menus posted under each resorts restaurants you will see its not really a "veggie" Bar They will have fresh juices and smoothies but also grilled fish, sweet potato chips with awesome fresh dips, sushi usually made with fresh marlin and maybe a veggie burger. While I only have beef burgers at home for some reason the veggie burger at CSA tastes wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Pulphead View Post
    I am curious... does anybody have these similar menus that you are talking about that could be posted?
    Thanks
    Sweet potato chips (crisps) & jalapeno (spelling?) dips.......yummyyyyyyy )

Thanks newtnugget (I was afraid people would think I was being wise ). I didn't know to look at CSA or CTI...I will! Actually, that sounds really good.

Those who read the board regularly might notice that I chime in whenever the discussion includes running at CN. While I do try to get my money's worth with vast quantities of food & drink, I try to balance it out with lots of activity. The veggie bar seems like an extremely delicious way to help keep things in balance. I am looking forward to this change. There is not a lot of space there, so it will be interesting to see how they fit it in.

spinach artichoke dip is my fave

When will it be up an running?

~Denise
    Don & Denise

Quote Originally Posted by dtreat View Post
    When will it be up an running?

~Denise
    Sometime in December is when they are hoping it will be operational.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

The plan is to have up and running by early December.
    Bert, no problem mon

Quote Originally Posted by newtnugget View Post
    It is to be located near the bathrooms close to the beach grill and Lychee entrance area. Bert, I guess you have not been to CSA or CTI. If you look at the sample menus posted under each resorts restaurants you will see its not really a "veggie" Bar They will have fresh juices and smoothies but also grilled fish, sweet potato chips with awesome fresh dips, sushi usually made with fresh marlin and maybe a veggie burger. While I only have beef burgers at home for some reason the veggie burger at CSA tastes wonderful
    I'm trying to envision where this might be. The only way I can think of that they could fit in a veggie bar in that area is if they take out the big planting bed that is there. Do you know if that's what management intends?

Haven't seen any recent updates regarding the Veggie Bar at CN. For those who have been recently, can you update us on the progress?
    CSA 2010, CN 2013, CSA 2013

We are curious too. Hoped it would have come together by this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got back from CN on Monday, and we saw no evidence of any construction in that area. I didn't ask anyone, but there was still the "jungle" between the Beach Grill and Lychee. Sorry to those who hoped it would be done soon!

Beergirl
    Beergirl

www.kenandbrenda.shutterfly.com for my Couples videos

I am with Beergirl. We were just at CN the 12-20 and were excited to possibly have this ready to go and we saw no construction or anything looking like it is going to happen. We also did not ask anyone, but there is nothing there now.

Very unfortunate as we love the veggie bar at the other Couples resorts, great alternative
    to a big lunch every day.
    Had my hopes up however I would guess now our chances of it up and running by
    27Dec.14 would be very slim, maybe 2015.

We asked..what we were told is.. The delay is due to getting permits to build.. Hopefully soon!