Default New Excursion Offered at CSS and CTI - Vacation With A Purpose

Dear Friends, due to many requests, we are so excited to offer a new excursion to Free Hill Primary & Infant School each Wednesday from 10a to Noon starting on September 24th for CTI and CSS Guests.

The price of $35.00 per person or $65.00 per Couple includes a very cool Volunteer T-shirt! All proceeds will help our education and pediatric programs. Great opportunity to personally deliver school supplies, learn more about the education system, and impact the life of a child! You can learn more upon arrival by visiting the Guest Services Desk at the resort. Who is going to join us??

See you on September 24th!
    Diane Pollard
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Diane Pollard, President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation

Diane,

This is awesome to see new plans coming to life! Please post when/if you will be doing something like this in Negril!!

Tracy

How awesome! When I dropped off supplies at CSA a few weeks ago, it was pretty anticlimactic. The employees at the concierge desk did not seem to know what to do with them.

Blog Entries

Name:  issa (2).jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  289.6 KB[center][center]
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Default What school supplies can we bring

We are traveling to CSS in a few weeks. My wife and I would like to know what types of school supplies are most needed. It obviously needs to be something that we can get in our checked luggage. We would love to contribute anything to the local children that helps with their education.

When we were at CSS a couple years ago we coordinated with Lesworth Johnson and he helped us to bring school supplies to Hamilton Mountain Primary School. This was the school that they sponsored. He was fabulous in finding out what they actually needed and arranging for us to be able to bring the supplies to the school and meet the children. When we were in CN this past May Kemar Kerr was instrumental in doing the same for us in supporting the Green Island Primary School. Sandrea White at CSA was great about getting the supplies we brought there to Mount Airy Primary School. Unfortunately we weren't able to visit the school, it wasn't her fault, as we traveled during the Easter holiday period and school wasn't in session.

Our suggestion is to contact the resort directly and coordinate with the school they sponsor so as to bring the supplies they need. This is a wonderful opportunity to reach out to the children of Jamaica and make a difference. It has been the highlight of our visits to these Couples resorts and is a humbling experience.

M&L, thank you for your support! We have listed items of need on The Issa Trust Foundation website:http://issatrustfoundation.com/get-i...-a-difference/

Have fun at CSS!
    Diane Pollard, President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation

Default Diane............What do we do with the school supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianepollard View Post
    M&L, thank you for your support! We have listed items of need on The Issa Trust Foundation website:http://issatrustfoundation.com/get-i...-a-difference/

Have fun at CSS!
    We will be checking in to CSS on Friday, December 5th. We plan on bringing some basic supplies such as pencils, rulers, erasers, sharpeners, and some activity books for the kids. I planned on labeling them for the Free Hill Primary & Infant School. Should we leave them at the CSS front desk? Any other instructions?

Looking forward to seeing the beautiful people of Jamaica once again.

Matt & Leslie

I understand what you are saying but I think there should be more comments regarding the thread that was initially started so that the pool of thoughts is attracted. Regards.
    Angel

On Friday, January 16, my wife Eileen, Michelle, Carrie and a couple from Sweden (I apologize for not recalling your names), traveled from CTI to the Free Hill Primary and Infant School. Eileen was delivering school supplies that had been raised by her Rotary Club (Fredonia, NY). In short, the excursion was wonderful and quite enlightening. Initially, I was concerned that our intrusion would interrupt their studies, but the children handled our presence in stride and quicky turned their attention to their teachers. My wife left the school with several challenges for other Rotary clubs in the western New York region to address such projects as the refurbishment of the swing set and the basketball backboards. We encourage visitors people to spend a morning at the school.

Gary and Eileen

Blog Entries

Here are some pics with us per Gary54's post

Name:  DSCN7474 compressed.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  113.5 KB
    Name:  DSCN7499 compressed.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  104.4 KB
    Name:  DSCN7556 compressed.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  117.0 KB
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Hi,

We will be at CTI April 4th-11th. Will the excursion be running that week? Which day? I see Wednesday's and Friday's mentioned in the posts.

Thanks,
    Pam and Ed.

Default New Excursion Offered at CSS and CTI Vacation With A Purpose

well the auction got held off until Feb. so I will be sending in Jan. If there is any help I could get to get just a few more autos for the auction,PLMK. I do Emails and would like to get just a few more autos of a few people before I send out. Any help?

Is this Excursion offered at CN? We are trying to schedule to go to school and hopefully bring some sort of supplies/small gifts. Need more information please!

Can't wait to do this when hubby and I visit CTI! I was hoping this year, but definitely next year! God Bless

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

We arrive at CTI on 8/31/2016 and definetly want to participate before we leave on 9/8/2016. We always bring a large suitcase of school supplies, and would love the time with the students. Can we sign up when we arrive, or should we email our request earlier?
    Becky and Bud, VA, USA
    CTI 6/30 - 7/5/2011
    CTI 7/2 - 7/10/2013

Default New Excursion Offered at CSS and CTI Vacation With A Pu

Can we continue with the debate here then folks? It wasnt easy deciding where to go to carry on, with all those shiny new boards.