Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

1.Spending time with the one I love.
    2. The privacy and intimacy of the resort really makes everything feel so romantic !
    3. The beautiful water and Snorkeling

Just being there - just being there....................

Quote Originally Posted by 5moremins View Post
    This past trip to Jamaica, first time to CSA, 6th to a Couples resort, I was visiting with a staff member. He was just giving us an overview of life on the island. He made a statement that truly has completely changed my whole outlook on life. I had made a comment about how I noticed everyone in Jamaica is always smiling and happy, and how I wish I could bottle it and take it home with me. He proceeded to tell me how one of the biggest beliefs and almost philosophies of the Jamaican culture is the fact that you never know when good luck is going to smile on you, and if you are not smiling back, it will pass to the next person. WOW! I was so moved. I thought (guiltily) about all the times I spend angry at traffic and utility bills, and my life changed so much at that moment. I remember the saying don't sweat the small stuff, but because of this small, very innocent interaction with a truly wonderful human being, my whole life has changed, and I feel I can look at the mirror and find a much better person with a small on my face. THAT is why we love Couples and Jamaica. We always come home enriched in our lives and our marriage. Much Love Andre, thanks for the life lesson.
    Jamaica is home, we are only in the states to work for our trips home (work visa we call it).
    Home soon come.

I love this!! Thank you for sharing!!

The employees, some have been our friends for 20 years!

I'm with you, sun buns! Love so many of the staff members. Also wanted to bring this thread back to the top, amidst the negative stuff lol!

How sad is it there are 102 comments dedicated TO palapa hoarding? Makes me laugh!

We are now back from Italy and the countdown for Jamaica begins! 64 days til we see those wonderful, smiling faces, taste the curried goat, melt I to the massage tables/floaties/sand....

We fly out on Nashville EARLY tomorrow (Friday) morning.

We love to use the room service as our alarm to wake up. The gentle knock and announcement of breakfast is much nicer then the buzz of my alarm clock we usually wake too. 243 days

Red, Love it!!!

Thank you all for all the positive comments to my post. I truly feel that the reason that we all travel to Jamaica and especially Couples resorts is the people and personal interactions we all experience. I think most of us have traveled to resorts in other countries and have experienced a good vacation. That is in no way a comparison to the experience we have in Jamaica. People we meet contact us EVERY WEEK OR MORE by facebook and let us know we are missed!!!!!! I have never been any other place where I would even want to give a facebook address to a guest or an employee. But then again, that is what makes Couples different, isn't it. These employees are not just workers in a resort, they are FRIENDS, that we worry about (in the case or tragedy or illness), embrace, love, and invite into our lives, offering not only our lives, opinions, blessings, but also our love, friendship, compassion, and friendship. We are able to offer to them experiences that they have never been introduced to, and they in turn enrich our lives with so much love, freedom, acceptance and unconditional love. I know I come back to the states with a renewed love of all humankind from the lessons I learn there EVERY TIME WE GO..... Wish we could send the world there...... With much peace and love, Camille and Robert G

Thats a great idea redinthehead. will have to do that when we are there next week.
    CSS OCT 2009, 2011, 2014,2015

We take our beach front room and about 5:30 one can hear the resort waking up. They scrape the beach early. I do set my alarm (nice chime" and roll out of bed and into a swim suit, claim my palapa (no violence!) and take a swim in the ocean. great way to wake up. Then drink my coffee.

We take a beach front room in the old section and every morning about 7:30 on the patio we see "Dead Guests walking".......They are dressed for the trip home and its a gentle reminder that we are all on the clock and will depart. They have socks on, their tourist bought shirts and carry on luggage in hand en route for the final omelet!
    Last edited by Bargamon; October 6th, 2014 at 01:34 PM.

Love it, Bergamon!! Dead Tourists Walking hahaa!! I always tell people with their backpacks and long pants on at breakfast I'm sorry for them!

We are at 57 and a wake-up today... See you on the beach under our quiet palapa at 6:00!

Just back from CSA. Do miss the delivered breakfast, and coffee (with a slug of Rum Cream), each morning on the Garden Veranda. And wishing each passing walker a "Good Morning".

After 14-16 hours spent getting to the island and all the fun that can be I love being greeted with "welcome home" when you arrive at the couples lounge.
    Last edited by redinthehead; October 15th, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    We love to use the room service as our alarm to wake up. The gentle knock and announcement of breakfast is much nicer then the buzz of my alarm clock we usually wake too. 243 days
    Us, too!
    WooHoo... the countdown is on... Soon Come!

46 and a wake up...cannot wait. Red...I also love hearing, "Welcome Home". Home, it is! This will be my 7th trip to CSA, and hubby is over 30 times. Bring on the curried goat!!

We are now under 5 weeks til we're back home at CSA. Had to bring this thread forward again ahead of all the no smoking whining...

I cannot wait to fall asleep to the melody of the tree frogs, to see Colinette's beautiful face at the spa, to hear how Rosetta's new baby is and see pictures, to stick my toes in that soft white sand the first day... Oh. And bammy!! Yum!!

What makes YOU happy at Couples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    We are now under 5 weeks til we're back home at CSA. Had to bring this thread forward again ahead of all the no smoking whining...

I cannot wait to fall asleep to the melody of the tree frogs, to see Colinette's beautiful face at the spa, to hear how Rosetta's new baby is and see pictures, to stick my toes in that soft white sand the first day... Oh. And bammy!! Yum!!

What makes YOU happy at Couples!?

.....We're just back. It was wonderful.

Today I love my count down clock. Not that its moving very fast or that we are even get close enough to get the suitcase out, 214 days to go, still lots wait left. But after weeks and weeks of go go go, feeling like we never have a second to ourselves, the pressures of life and the holiday season hasn't even started; I love to look at my count clock knowing we are one day closer, to day dream of the wonderful place that awaits our return. So Thank - you CSA for being the light at the end of our tunnel.

30 days and a wake-up for us, redinthehead! We stalk our countdown calendar, on Ricky's computer! He just did our online check-in.,,the first of the happy countdown steps! Soon come...looking forward to seeing Elvis, Jimmy, "Hat" (the guy selling cigars and rolling papers with the raspy voice) and all our other friends at CSA!

The drinks, all of them alcohol or non-alcohol. But for me especially rum cream on the beach and Vodka and Ting in the room.
    kaleem

Quote Originally Posted by manii View Post
    The drinks, all of them alcohol or non-alcohol. But for me especially rum cream on the beach and Vodka and Ting in the room.
    ..... For me; Rum Cream in the evening before bed, On the Veranda, listening to the Tree Frogs.

23 and a wake-up until we hear "welcome home"! This trip is our first in December, as we will be there for the marathon! Excited to add some new memories of our favorite place on Earth! Wish the gift shop sold a CD with tree frogs on it to take home!

Awesome thread!
    ...changing from my winter clothes into shorts in the airport Couples lounge bathroom
    ...drinking Red Stripe at the Lounge
    ...stopping for jerk chicken on the drive to CSA
    ...enjoying the ocean view on the drive
    ...welcome champaign and washcloth upon arrival
    ....Jerk chicken on the beach while waiting for our room
    ...the tree frogs each night
    ...fresh omelettes at the Palms each morning with Blue Mountain coffee
    ...reading on the veranda overlooking the beach
    ...listening to the lapping water each night from our room...with the tree frogs singing away
    ...shooting pool and playing ping pong at the sports bar
    ...dinner at Lemon Grass on the balcony
    ...martinis at the Martini Bar before dinner
    ...strolling the various paths to and from dinner
    ...seeing the lovely staff who make our visit so special
    ...hearing Bob Marley
    ...most importantly...being with my dear husband and not having to worry about anything for the duration of our stay!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast