Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default CSA Palapa hoarding!

Being an early riser I was always surprised to find all of the palapa's already reserved. Figuring it was always the early bird that catches the worm, I congratulated those who were up before 6am daily on their vacation.

Two nights ago after Showtime at the Palms my wife an I decided to take a late night beach stroll. We were surprised to find that all but one of the palapas already had the requisite reservation items of towels and bad magazines in place. Have we been naive for more than a decade? Is the new technique to place items on the chairs as soon as watersports has done their "straightening up" run just before sunset?

Perhaps management should go the S route and auction palapas reservations off to the highest bidder via eBay to offset some of the planned rate increases?

Here we go again ....

My first response is “No, not this subject again”. But, I have seen security removing towels from reserved chairs early in the morning during our most recent trip. Not sure this is still the practice.

Life is good Name:  JAMAICA.gif
Views: 9091
Size:  7.6 KB

We have recently come back from a few days holiday at an hotel in Tenerife. Among the check in information was a statement that belongings found on unattended beach chairs before 10am would be removed by staff and the hotel took no responsibility for the safety of any belongings so removed. Wonderful! Perhaps Couples could do the same.

I am in sort of agreement with you Micanopy on this one because what we notice as we arrive early, 8sh on the beach and watch as the palapa's lay empty with their "towels and stuff" till well after noon time with NO ONE enjoying them! I suggest the rule to be that if they are not being sat in, they are up for grabs!
    Just my opinion cause through the years we just look for a shade tree

Helen & Paul, Fl.

2002 CSA, 2006 CSA, 2010, CSA, 2011 CSA, 2012 CSA, 2013 CSA, 2014 CSA, 2015 CSA, 2016 CSA, 2017 CSS/CSA, 2018 CSA, 2019 CSA, 2020 ?????

We just got back from CSA. We are not early risers so by the time we get to the beach they are all taken. However this year we noticed in the afternoon several couples who had one would take their stuff when they left, so we could get a palapa in the afternoon. Love it when we all play nice and share.

Or you can get up early and move the stuff that is in the spot, and plop your butt down and enjoy the spot the inconsiderate people saved for you. If they say, we saved that spot last night. Tell them you came down and saved it as soon as you arrived at the resort.

Management does not acknowledge that palapa saving is an issue at CSA. They have stated on TA that staff/security can remove items if it appears they have been saved. Late night if there are items on chairs under palapas I don't know what else it could be construed as. FWIW, management did respond on TA that a lot more trees have been planted recently to provide more shade.

I agree with you that its crazy people put so much time and energy into reserving them. Of course my wife and I would love to chill under one all day but it just wasn't worth the hassle. We had a premier beachfront last time and most of my entertainment was watching the towel/book race all the time from the porch.

My wife and I were there 7/15-7/23 and I am a early riser. It was our idea to try to take advantage of the palapas also, and even before the coffee was made they were all taken. I guess you can't get up early enough if they are taken the night before.

We are bringing a small "Out of Order" sign when we return in December to hang on the palapa nearest to our Atrium Suite. Let's see if it works.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

What?!? This is a problem?? I'm shocked! This has never, ever been on the Message Boards before!!

On a serious note, we get up at 6:00 a.m. We go get a palapa, which we actually USE that early as I love to sit on the beach and read when it's quiet, to take early morning photos, etc. Only problem with this is that the critters that bite at sunrise and sunset are also awake. Avon Skin-So-Soft is my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    We are bringing a small "Out of Order" sign when we return in December to hang on the palapa nearest to our Atrium Suite. Let's see if it works.
    That's hilarious. I really hope you do.

There was a time that manag. would clear off the lounges under the palapas at 5 A.M. Remove the stuff, and take it to the lobby. That way, the 6 o'clock risers could get their favorite palapas and life would move on. Grabbing one at night is on the cheap side, but money doesn't follow class!

I will say I jokingly mentioned this to my husband one night when we were out walking along the beach. But I know we are never up early enough to use it in the morning, and only really go to the beach in the afternoon. Plenty of shade trees are available, and sometimes a palapa is available at that point, too

Not quite sure why I haven't seen anyone mention this here yet, but I was informed that in the morning when they clean up the beach, they take away all the towels from previous day (and as a result, also the ones put out on the previous night).

I just swap towels with one I rubbed my junk on
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

This has been an issue since the first palapa was installed at Swept Away. I guess there is no accounting for some people's sense of entitlement and self worth.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Saint - That is AWESOME!!!!

Am I the only one that would actually move the items and use the chair anyway? If it's clear that it hasn't been sat in in quite some time, that's fair-game as far as I'm concerned.

With that being said, we go to CTI and this is not an issue for us because we like to hang out at the pool bar.
    CTI 2009, CTI 2010, CTI 2011, CTI 2013, CTI 2014
    Future Dates: CTI December 26 - January 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by saint View Post
    I just swap towels with one I rubbed my junk on
    That's freakin funny!!!

HaHa!!

I'm on vacation to relax...period... When we get to the beach, we'll find a couple of loungers and some shade and relax and enjoy our vacation.

Takes too much time and effort to worry about what effort other people may go to, to save a spot, lounger or palapa.

If the worse thing on your vacation is that someone saved a lounger or palapa...sounds like it was a great vacation
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, CN Dec 2014, CN Dec 2015, CN Dec 2016, CN Dec 2017, CN Dec Dec 2018, CN Dec 2019 (COIVD Cancelled 2020) Booked CN Dec 2021

Well, I don't like to brag, but around here (NJ), Kris and I are a pretty big deal. People know us and we enjoy a very large house an have lots of very expensive things. When we go on vacation we expect the very best and will simply need to have access to the Palapa's at CSA. We used to go own early in the morning to reserve our spot put the nerve of some people putting their things on our chairs the night before! This is inexcusable!!! If need be will will simply pay someone to keep our things there 24 hours a day until the chair thieves get the message. Is there a way we can leave a sign or something on our Palapa when we leave the resort to come back to NJ so it is available when we return? We vacation regularly and are also known on the cruise circuit. We have private chairs reserved whenever we cruise. Did I mention we take exclusive long cruises often?

Most know by now I am kidding but the saga of chair hoarding is amusing to me. I don't mean to poke fun at the frustration of seeing palapa's being wasted by selfish people but when we put it in perspective, it is a laughable problem. We are all very lucky to have the financial ability to experience couples with our loved one. Not to mention the blessing of having a loved one to share the experience with. So many have lost that blessing through sickness or tragic loss. Kris and would like to sit in the shade when it is available but certainly won't give it a second thought if they are all taken. We choose to focus on the beauty of the resort, the fine staff that so selfishly work on our behalf, all of the activities included and most importantly, the time to be together. There is simply no time left to get upset over the selfishness of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    My first response is “No, not this subject again”. But, I have seen security removing towels from reserved chairs early in the morning during our most recent trip. Not sure this is still the practice.

Life is good Name:  JAMAICA.gif
Views: 9091
Size:  7.6 KB
    .....Sounds like a good practice.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast