Thread: Older couples

Default Older couples

We are two "older couples" going to CSA in July. Will we be the only oldies there?

Older? Over 100? No, is the simple answer to your question. CSA draws a massively diverse age group. Enjoy yourself and stop thinking about your age.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

At couples, no one is old. While we've never been to CSA, only CN, we have seen every age bracket from the early 20's to upper 70's. We are in our mid 50's and have enjoyed the company of all the ages groups. You will be fine and accepted. Have fun!

Duane & Mary

Not at all!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

There is no "old" that we ever noticed at the 3 Couples we have been to. We are 61 & 59 and have made friends of all ages. Couples is just a wonderful place to be with your SO and that's what everyone is there for. Our experience has been mostly 30's to 80's, married, kids, grand kids & great grand kids. Don't worry about your age and no one else will either.

We don't even notice "ages". Go have fun and don't worry about your age. It's all good.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Define "older"... no, never mind... there really is no such thing at Swept Away. January's to December's are always to be found, and quite
    frankly, we have had a difficult time on occasion trying to keep up with some "oldsters", and we've been going there since 1995.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I understand your apprehension...

Tonight I am on work travel outside of Toronto. I was sitting at a bar, having a beer & waiting on dinner. Always a sucker for (what I consider to be) "pop psychedelia", I was using SoundHound to ID a song. The bartender (a young lady) told me who it was. She was surprised that I would like the song (likely because I look older than her dad) and asked me about current music. I told her that my latest infatuation is Portugal. The Man. She was blown away! They are her favorite band and she was shocked that I knew them. "I'm not saying you're old..." (it went from there). We had a delightful conversation about music. It was really fun to make a connection and not be invisible to a young person.

Sorry for the long-winded point...but age really isn't a limiting factor. It's the connections that mean something. You will be pleasantly surprised by the similarities you have with others. (and if our paths ever cross, please forgive me if I play weird music )

Having read all the above I will have to state that the majority of guests at our recent stay in June were in the 25 to 40 age group. In the past I've seen more people in the boomer age group.

I don't know if it had to do with this being the first time we've gone in June, cheaper, wedding month, some other reason.

At any rate you see all ages at Couples. It's all good.

No worries. We're 61, been to CSA numerous times, and never really noticed how old anyone was.

I guess we could be considered an "older couple" as well but you will see all ages there from very young couples, to newlyweds to couples celebrating milestone anniversaries and everything in between. We just celebrated our 40th at CN in May and had a blast!

We have noticed ALL age groups at Couples. It's one of the things that we enjoy. This July will be our first trip to CSA. If you see us, please say "hello"! �� - Shane & Kristen

We will be 68 and 66 when we return home, February and March, 2015 for our 4th trip.
    Last edited by Fireye; June 29th, 2014 at 08:56 AM.

We are 63 and 62 and have always enjoyed meeting all age groups. We've met some awesome friends over the last several years, both young and old. Been to CSA 3 times and going back to TI this August and will meet up with friends we made there last year. We miss our friends at CSA so maybe we can convince our friends from TI to go meet some of our friends at CSA in the future!! We'll see!!! No matter though, we love Couples!!!

I guess it all depend on the definition of "Older". We are late 60s, and this will be our third visit. And there were a lot there older than us!!!

Depends on your definition of "older". If you mean over 21, then the answer is YES, there will the lots of older couples at the resort. As most have said already, all age groups seems to be well represented -- and based on the interactions, age is not a factor. As we know there are may different ages -- chronological (which we can just ignore), emotional, psychological, REAL AGE, etc. I think we are only as old as we think we are... My observation is that folks who go to Couples and engage in the wonderful Couples experience are by nature, many years younger than their chronological age. But, if you think you are over 100, then the answer is NO, there will not be any "older couples" at the resort.

To find out your real age, you can go to www.realage.com and take a free on-line assessments.

I don't think age is relevant at a Couples Resort. I'm 63 my wife is 61 and we feel young and I refuse to grow up! As I always say, I may not be as good as I once was, but I am as good once as I ever was! Life is sweet enjoy, is good Mon!

Shoot! I am 56 and can still hang with the best of them! Just ask BRAWD!!!

Ret, I'm trying my best just to get where you are!!!

My husband and I are 73. We have been going to Couples Negril for many years. My husband scuba dives and we love to snorkel and walk along Bloody Bay. We have also been to CTI and CSS. Never felt out of place.

You are only as old as you feel and you obviously do not feel old. Enjoy !!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
    My husband and I are 73. We have been going to Couples Negril for many years. My husband scuba dives and we love to snorkel and walk along Bloody Bay. We have also been to CTI and CSS. Never felt out of place.

You are only as old as you feel and you obviously do not feel old. Enjoy !!
    .....Bobby, we are late 60s. My wife is looking to Snorkel for the first time, when we go to CSA in October. This will be our third Couples vacation.

We first went to CTI in '90 at 30 and visited all but CSA over the years. CSS is our home now and just returned in April at 53. Age is just a silly number at Couples

I'm lovin' all of these responses!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]