Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

You just need to bring your PADI ID. They will want to know the date of your last dive. You won't have a problem if it was last year, many people only get to dive on vacation. They will try to get you to do your AOW. If it is something you are interested in, I would do it. It is less expensive than doing it state side and you get different dives. As far as your friends, I can not answer for sure. Would think that they just need to bring all documentation.

My wife and I are really looking forward to our 3rd trip to the Island! I'm looking at getting PADI certified, and am thinking about doing the class/pool stuff in the states and then maybe doing my final certification dive on the trip. How would that work and what would it cost? Would I be allowed to just do my final dive at CSA, or would it be better to do it before we head down that way? Any other advice or suggestions would definitely be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

My wife and I are definitely looking forward to our 3rd trip to the Island for our 6th anniversary! I'm looking at getting PADI certified, but have a couple questions and looking for some advice. My initial thoughts are that I would do the class/pool work here in the states and then do my final certification dive once we get to CSA. Is it possible to only do my final dive on the trip, and if so how much would it cost? Any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I did my OW at CSA and my AOW at CSS. I would recommend just doing the entire certification at the resort. I can not quote current cost, but i can tell you it was less to get the certifications at the resort. It is also more convenient. The dive teams are very good about following the book exactly. They will review the book info and immediately take you out on that dive or skill. This makes it come together well. If you are concerned about it cutting into your vacation, it does not make an impact. As this is your third trip, you know the Couples staff does a great job of keeping you safe while making sure you have a great vacation.

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Jamaica for our 20th anniversary and planning to go to CTI. He dove with the Navy and I did a resort certification dive in Punta Cana many years ago and absolutely loved it. I've wanted to get certified and hubby even paid for me to take the course, but the company he bought it from went out of business and I was out of luck. I do have a few pieces of my own equipment, though. Based on my reading here (14 pages... yikes!), I'm planning to do the PADI Open Water Diver eLearning course before we get there and then do my closed water and open water certification dives at the resort. Hubby will need to take the refresher course. We're planning to be at CTI from May 19 through June 1. If any of you are planning to be there and diving during that time, I'd love to chat with you!

Default Advanced Scuba Certification as a Gift?

Hello-I am interested in getting my SO the advanced scuba certification for his birthday. He has been diving for many years (and was a commercial diver in the past) but wants this certification to be allowed to join the advanced dives when we are at CSA. He would want to do the book work here at home before we come and then do the dives at the resort when we come in November. This way it will not take up all of our vacation time. Is this possible and if so, how can I book it?

I did my AOW at San Souci last year. Don't worry about trying to do the book work ahead of time. When you arrive at the resort, inform the scuba team and they will get you started. There is very little book time. To get the AOW certification, he will complete 5 specialty dives. He will decide on which dives, then the instructor will teach directly from the book. He will then review that chapter and do the review, about 10 minutes of study per day. The certification only takes 3 days.

explain what Couples Negril offers for first time non certified divers. The wife and I are interested during our August visit.

dmacdawg, we will be at CN in Oct and are in the same position as you, so I'll be following any information that is posted.

Just go to the scuba shock and let them know you are interested. There is a simple swim test. Then you will spend the morning in the pool learning the basic skills. Next they will take you out for a shallow 40 ft dive. All of this is free. If you choose to do additional dives it will cost $50 per dive.

Quote Originally Posted by dnt88 View Post
    I did my AOW at San Souci last year. Don't worry about trying to do the book work ahead of time. When you arrive at the resort, inform the scuba team and they will get you started. There is very little book time. To get the AOW certification, he will complete 5 specialty dives. He will decide on which dives, then the instructor will teach directly from the book. He will then review that chapter and do the review, about 10 minutes of study per day. The certification only takes 3 days.
    Thanks so much for the info. I know the Open Water can be time consuming and book work can be done at home and wasn't sure about the advanced training.

We are staying at CSA. I read that the open water cert is completed in about 3 days. But how many hours per day is required?

does any one know if Couples Tower Isle have lockers for Scuba Gear?

Most of the time required for the certification is taken up as part of the regular dives. You will read chapters and answer the questions in the afternoon. This takes less than an hour, unless like me, you try to read in a hammock and keep dozing off.

I see on the CTI web page that PADI certified divers are offered a single tank dive per day, two tank on Saturday - Iím wondering if the same offer applies to those of us holding NAUI certification??

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14