Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Its up and running....Your Official Couples Resorts Scuba Page on Facebook...Check out all the cool pics and videos and educational updates...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/316839291835318/
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Awesome! Thanks Michelle!

Ok couple questions.

If you are not certified how many times can you dive while there?
    How long does the OW certification take there? Would it take up all of our trip?

We leave Wednesday for a week and get married on Saturday.

My wife and I are currently at Couples Tower Isle. We arrived on December 2 and the Newton 36 dive boat was out of order. It is in rough shape. It looks like it hasn't been hauled out and painted in the 4 years since we have been here. We found out that they are using the glass bottom boat as a backup for the 2+ months that it will take to haul out, repower, and recommission the dive boat. Even though couples owns 4 resorts, they do not have a backup dive boat, nor provisions to rent a loaner. Unfortunately, the glass bottom boat is not a deep water boat and can barely make it to the dive sites on a green flag day. Also, the low weight limit means that only a few divers can dive at a time. We have been here 3 days. The dives have been cancelled on 2 of those days and the third was a very rough ride. There have been no glass bottom or snorkeling trips. The diving was one of the reasons we came here, and we are feeling disappointed.

Suggestion: Please purchase another dive boat. Share it between the 4 resorts so that the boats can be hauled out, bottom painted, and maintained annually or contract with a rental company for loaner. Also, the rental wetsuits are looking pretty torn up.

My Wife and I just learned that Collin from the CTI Dive team is no longer there (this was disappointing news). To me this comes as a great surprise as each year we've been there management tells us at the R. Dinner that they keep getting rave reviews about him (even that one year that he saved the life of one of the guests') and that everyone that has ever dived with him or had the pleasure of meeting him loves him and the excitement and fun he brings to the resort. Collin radiated what it means to be a Jamaican and shared that "One Love" with everyone. If there is anyway of bringing him back please do so; a resort is not just a comfortable place to sleep and eat and is very much made up from those that have made it theirs.

Mark Bowman
    Mark & Sylvia

I am also going to miss Collin at CTI. He made all of the dives so much fun and was such a good person to dive with. He was very attentive to all of the divers that dove with him and you could always count on him to find something interesting to show the divers that other dive masters may not have done. I know whoever replaces him will do a good job, but the CTI dive shop will not be the same without him.

Please tell me what you are saying about the CTI boat isn't true. We will be back in 30 days and i very much look forward to the daily morning dive. Any chance of the CSS boat coming over and picking us up and taking us out with them? Any chance of changing it to a 11:30 and 3:30 dive so both resorts could use the boat? We leave the 31st and I pulled out the diving equipment thats going with today. Please figure something out besides the glass bottom boat!

Could someone update this thread when the Dive boat at CTI has been fixed and is back in the water?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark & Sylvia

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1381
Size:  126.8 KB

Great Dive at Couples NegrilAttachment 22605

What are you talking about? I don't see a "boat" thread here about CTI. We are going in February and want to DIVE!!!

I LOVE to dive on nitrox having done so in Mexico with "Wet Set" (who I would recommend to anybody that finds themselves near Playa Del Carmen.
    We're off to CTI, only for a week so not expecting much diving but would is Nitrox an option there? Would be fantastic if it is. Not just for the time, but for the lovely lack of tiredness/drowsiness post-dive. Did 89ft on nitrox in mexico and not a hint of narcosis. Wonderful stuff!
    Anybody know is CTI has Nitrox as an option?

We will arrive on March 7 for the week - what is the rental cost for a wet suit?

VERY upset to hear that Collin is gone from CTI! He is one of the great employees that made CTI home. One of our favorite parts of returning was going to the dive shop to see Collin and Chris and the hardest part about leaving...

I just received a personal e-mail from Collin. It's truly upsetting!

Blog Entries

Don't Forget that we are up and running....Your Official Couples Resorts Scuba Page on Facebook...Check out all the cool pics and videos and educational updates...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/316839291835318/[/QUOTE]
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

How long does the certification done at the resort take?

It's been a while, but what's up with the dive boat? The glass bottom is far from ideal. Are things really going downhill at CTI?

Default medical statement

How far in advance can we get the medical statement signed by our doctor? Making a trip in December but have a doctors appointment next month. Wondering if I could get it signed then or not. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stillamarine View Post
    Ok couple questions.

If you are not certified how many times can you dive while there?
    How long does the OW certification take there? Would it take up all of our trip?

We leave Wednesday for a week and get married on Saturday.
    Just curious on this. Curious on amount of dives for newbies as we go end of March. We are really looking forward to trying this! Wnat the best of both worlds without eating up whole trip. Also, PLEASE an update on boat would be great!

How is the Snorkeling and Scuba at Sans Souci???

Any idea what size tanks they use? I'm and air hog and the mrs bottom time suffers because of it

Tanks are 80 Aluminum

What's up with the dive boat at CTI? 30 days and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by marbil View Post
    What's up with the dive boat at CTI? 30 days and counting.
    As of the 7th they had a smaller boat to use, it was functional and worked fine. Got to do backrolls off the side, so that was fun! There is no "big step" entry off the temp boat. Sorry I don't have more current info.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast