Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: September 2014

Had to change our dates due to a family function happening on the 27th which we cannot miss out on. Now arriving September 28th and leaving October 4th.

2. Default

Any couples going to be at CSS September 9th - 16th and getting married or renewing their vows?

We're there the 4th through the 14th but not getting married or renewing.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dude View Post
    We're there the 4th through the 14th but not getting married or renewing.
    Awesome! We can not wait!!

Made our final payment last Friday. We"ll be there Sept 13-20. WOOHOO!!!
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

Ok, time to chime in to say we will be there Sep 10-19. Less than two months away for our second trip to CSS! Can't wait to go home!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelwithWife View Post
    Thanks Lloyd. We decided to not let our disappointment with SSB keep us from trying one more time. Besides we met so many great people (yourself included). And that in its self was enough to draw us back. Looking forward to next year and FINALLY being able to tryout SSB.
    Travelwithwife, we were there with you last year and made the day trips to CTI a few days with you as well. May I ask you, did CSS give you any kind of incentive to book again for your trip this year since the pool at SSB was closed for your entire trip last year? I am sure they did not offer any kind of consideration (they haven't with me), but did you seek any kind of break on a return trip? If so, were you successful?

Quote Originally Posted by 2domers View Post
    Travelwithwife, we were there with you last year and made the day trips to CTI a few days with you as well. May I ask you, did CSS give you any kind of incentive to book again for your trip this year since the pool at SSB was closed for your entire trip last year? I am sure they did not offer any kind of consideration (they haven't with me), but did you seek any kind of break on a return trip? If so, were you successful?
    Hi 2domers,

I remember meeting you. Good to connect with you again. No they did not offer any incentive for us to book again. How they handled that whole "cluster" was very disappointing to us. At the least they should have had someone from senior management talk with those that were "displaced". We did go to the beach at SSB a couple of days. No management to be seen anywhere. It would have done a lot I think if they had just stopped by to talk with guests and apologize for the circumstances. In my opinion that is the least they could have done. And it wouldn't have cost Couples a dime. Best case would have been to offer a free night voucher if you book again within a certain time period.

Oh, well. All water under the bridge. We decided to book again for three reasons. One, is to hopefully see other guests who are now friends. Two, because of several of the staff members who made our stay wonderful. And three, because of the beauty of the resort itself. Hope to run into you again sometime. It's not too late to book for this September still!

Hey there 2domers and Travelwithwife: I remember talking to Travelwithwife on the board last year and with 2domers in person at CTI. I was at CSS just a few days before both of you. I completely agree that the shut-down of SSB was completely disappointing, and not handled well at all by management. We are headed over to CN this September, partly because we love it but also because there is no way they can shut down the A/N beach at CN! I loved CSS but having SSB completely closed without any advance notice left a bad taste in my mouth. I think you should switch resorts - come over to CN this September with us!

CA Girl and TWW:

We just returned from our trip to CSS. We were there last week from Sunday to Friday. There have been some pretty good upgrades there, including a martini bar, which is just down the steps from the Balloon Bar. It was actually quite nice. Though the last trip really left a bad taste in my mouth regarding SSB's closure, I would say our return trip was worth it. There are still a few warts, but the staff does a great job. Nicola did very well making right after they screwed up our reservation. We had booked the Prime Minister Suite. Problem is, someone else also booked the PM Suite. We ended up in the Roger Moore Suite instead, and they did right by us wrt financial and service accommodations.
    I think there is a bit too much business emphasis by mgmt (using SSB for outside functions in order to raise $) that come at the expense of their loyal, paying customers. The pool at SSB looks like it is ten years old, not ten months. A little preventative maintenance along the tile work would do wonders.
    All in all, I would absolutely go back to CSS. Every hotel has its issues, but we left CSS knowing we would be back...great facility, great people and great fun.

Glad to know so many others also find Couples Resorts such a fantastic getaway. This will be our 7th trip to Couples, 8th to Jamaica. We made the mistake of going to that other place, you know all about shoes... See you all on Sept.24-Oct4!

Can't believe it's less than 30days until we get to paradise. We've heard a lot of comments about the music at the AN pool, wondering if everyone would want to put together a CD of their favorite tunes and bring them along. Sounds like we could ask the staff to play them, and we would all have music we liked! What's everyone think?

Changed dates to Sep 17 to 28.
    Lloyd, just realized we leave the day you arrive.

Default Sept 14

Quote Originally Posted by jdd914 View Post
    It seems like it's soooooo far away!!!! We are headed back 9/13-9/20 - anyone else pre-booked?
    Sept 14. First timers
    Counting the days until paradise...

Red,
    What time do you leave the resort??/ We arrive in Mobay at 9:30am, so should be at the resort by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleCouple View Post
    Sept 14. First timers
    Nashville Couple, we too are first timers, arrive on the 10th. Can't wait, we are celebrating our 25th.
    Looking forward to meeting some other first timers.

We will be at Sans Souci Sept 28 - Oct 7. Looking forward to spending our time on Sunset Beach. Lost count on # of trips.

Lloyd, we fly at 10:30am so leave very early.
    We will probably be getting on the same plane that you arrive on, LOL
    David and Angela
    CTI - April 2011
    CSS - Sep 2011, Jan 2012, Oct 2012, May 2013, April 2014, Sep 2014 (Booked)
    Negril - May 2012, Nov 2013

Yup! We are there Sept. 11 to 21st. Fourth visit and REALLY looking forward to our return. Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Farmlife View Post
    Nashville Couple, we too are first timers, arrive on the 10th. Can't wait, we are celebrating our 25th.
    Looking forward to meeting some other first timers.

We'll be there at that time. See you when you get there!
    Cigar Dude

WooHoo! Three weeks from today we will be in the air and on our way back home to CSS! Sept 10-19, can't come soon enough....

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dude View Post
    We'll be there at that time. See you when you get there!
    CAN NOT WAIT!!!!! Less than 3 weeks away!!! See you all there!!!! 9/9-16!!! First timers!

Finallyyy !!! Single Digits--- 9 days , and the our long awaited 1st trip to CSS- mentally ive already checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    Finallyyy !!! Single Digits--- 9 days , and the our long awaited 1st trip to CSS- mentally ive already checked out.
    See you there! 14 days until we're back in paradise! September 4th!!!!!!!
    Cigar Dude

23 days to go! September 14th...please come fast!
    Counting the days until paradise...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast