Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Happy Anniversary GB
    Looks like September was a good month to get married! I know we loved it!!
    "Meeting up for drinks", we always love to meet new folks on our trips, the day you come in we will be celebrating our 16th ann. how will we recognize you?
    Have you decided on any activities to partake in yet? I hear the "sand gravity" effect is pretty strong at CN, LOL We are doing the One love Pub Crawl, and have good intentions of participating in several tours offered by CN.
    Cheers

CA_girl,
    I'd love to post a pic....but sadly I'm not very computer savvy, LOL
    You won't have a hard time picking me and the hubby out in the crowd....this might jog your memory from CTI last year, I have to wear a sling as I have permanent nerve damage to my right arm and shoulder. OK, now you know...guess we can't sneak up on you!
    Having a hard time being excited for our trip these days...we lost our beloved german shepherd this week to cancer and we are feeling guilty about leaving our lil dog in Sept. as he misses the big guy terribly, as do we
    Anyways, time will heal, and I'll just have to keep reading this message board and TA to help me along.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mandercat7 View Post
    CA_girl,
    I'd love to post a pic....but sadly I'm not very computer savvy, LOL
    You won't have a hard time picking me and the hubby out in the crowd....this might jog your memory from CTI last year, I have to wear a sling as I have permanent nerve damage to my right arm and shoulder. OK, now you know...guess we can't sneak up on you!
    Having a hard time being excited for our trip these days...we lost our beloved german shepherd this week to cancer and we are feeling guilty about leaving our lil dog in Sept. as he misses the big guy terribly, as do we
    Anyways, time will heal, and I'll just have to keep reading this message board and TA to help me along.
    Cheers
    Mandercat - I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your german shepherd. I really, really feel for you. I have a number of dogs and they are like my kids. In fact, since my husband and I made a conscious decision not to have kids, my dogs ARE my kids. For me, leaving my four-legged kids is always the worst part of going on vacation. I know when one passes there is nothing anyone can do or say to make it any better. I'm so very sorry for you. I'm sure you gave him/her lots of loving before he/she passed, so please take comfort that he/she died knowing he/she was loved. I'm sorry for your little one that's still with you, too. Hopefully you have a trusted boarding facility or pet-sitter to take care of your little one when you're on vacation. Also, don't feel embarrassed to call to check-up on your little one while you are in Jamaica. I always call to check-in, and it helps me not worry about my pups so much. Again, my deepest sympathy goes out to you.

My soon to be wife and I will be at CN from Sept 11 thru 18. This is our first trip to Jamaica! We are very excited!! We will be traveling with 2 couples who have been to CN several times and 1 couple who are newbies like us! I have attached (or at least tried to attach) a picture of our wedding invitation. We are getting married at Tiger Lane in front of Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium before the first University of Memphis football game. We are looking forward to making new friends at CN!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My wife and I are trying to plan a last minute trip to CN for our 17th Anniversery on Sept 13th. we will be there from Sept 11 to Sept 15. We were there almost 13 years ago and loved it. Last time we went on the Catamaran cruise, glass bottom boat, and Rick's cafe. Are there any new can't miss activities?

Congrats BodyBounce!! I'm sure you are going to love Jamaica... we certainly do!! Maybe we'll see you around at the resort, enjoy!

CA_girl..... Have you guys ever done the repeaters dinner? If so, what did you think of it. Was it an all night affair? I've read that CSA is pretty long...don't know if I could do that. We like to wander around after dinner catch the entertainment have some cocktails.....
    Cheers

Hey there! My husband and I just scheduled our 5 year anniversary trip back to Couples Negril for Sept 11-16. We are so excited! We went for our Honeymoon in 2009 and have been dying to go back. This trip is a long time coming! We are also celebrating my 30th birthday which is in August and my husbands 33rd birthday while in Jamaica on the 14th of September! We are hoping to do the One Love Pub Crawl while we are there! Looking forward to meeting some new people and spending time in the sand and sun!

Ca_girl,
    We were at CTI Sept.15-22 last year, did we possibly cross paths...lol. I would like to try the AN....the hubby is a lil shy...lol, maybeeee after a couple crown royals!I too love the dirty bananas, martinis,red stripe light....ok I'll stop.
    We are signed up for the One Love Pub Crawl on the 14th if you or anyone else would like to join us :-)
    Sooo looking forward to finally visiting Negril!!!
    Danielle, maybe we can meet up for some cocktails...I'll buy the first round, hehehe
    Cheers
    How do you get signed up for the pub crawl? What time are you going on the 14th?

bnease1109,
    we will be there in your time frame, also celebrating our anniversary..14th. You mentioned the Pub Crawl, we are doing it sun. sept. 14th I think it is going to be a lot of fun!! Maybe we'll see you!
    Cheers

Us the pub crawl a group of people? I wonder what time it is leaving the resort?

Beth&Jason,
    I'm not sure if I can send you the email...as you can't advertise on the MB. But, if you google things to do in Jamaica you might be able to do it through there.
    Unless someone can advise me?
    We are being picked up at 2:20 on the 14th, I believe CN is the first pick-up.
    When will you be at CN?
    Cheers

LOL, so it turns out I have 2 usernames from when I went to Jamaica several yrs ago and one was signed in on my phone and one on my computer. Oops! I also posted from bnease1109. I'll try to just stick with beth beth&jason username! My husband and I are in Jamaica sept 11-16!

I emailed the guy about the pub crawl. He didn't give me the option to go on Sunday the 14th, so it must be full already. We are emailing back and forth about dates so we will see!

Default honeymoon!

From Cincinnati and first time to Jamaica! Our honeymoon is booked for CN Sep 27 thru Oct 4 2014. Can't wait for some fun in the sun!
    Last edited by erin_j; July 22nd, 2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: add pic

Beth, ask him about the 14th, that's what I did cause on his website it states "sometimes" on sundays, worth a try? Good luck!!
    If not maybe we'll see you around the resort or maybe even on the transfer to the resort.
    What time do you arrive in Mobay?
    Cheers

We fly in at 11am. I can't wait!

CA_girl..... Have you guys ever done the repeaters dinner? If so, what did you think of it. Was it an all night affair? I've read that CSA is pretty long...don't know if I could do that. We like to wander around after dinner catch the entertainment have some cocktails.....
    Cheers
    Yes, we've done the repeater's dinner. To be honest, I have ambivalent feeling towards the repeaters dinner. It's OK but, as you said, it does tend to take up a whole evening. I'm not sure if we'll attend the repeater's dinner on our upcoming trip or not.

So glad that more people are joining this board. September is going to be here sooner than I know, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Ca)girl,
    Good to know about the repeaters dinner!! Can you use the AN hot tub and pool at night time?? I'm still trying to convince the hubby...lol
    Oh btw, I meant to thank you for the kind words you said about the lose of our dog. It brought tears to my eyes and I completely forgot
    Yes, come on September!!! As I sit here today, it is very over cast, windy and cool outside...what's up with that in July???
    Cheers

Erin reporting in for Vaca duty! 😁 countdown reads less than 60 days until our arrival so it's time to get this partay started!!! My hubby is Steve & we are part of the "September to remember" group! Term was coined back in 2009 when we met some of the best Vaca buddies ever! Celebrating our 10 yr wedding anniversary on 9/27 & 16 yr dating anniversary on 9/25. We were married at CN in 2004 & man o man was it a beautiful ceremony! Can't wait to meet up with Lucy & Kevin along with a few other peeps.. Seriously can't wait until we get there!!! If you are up for some beach twister 9/20-9/28 follow the laughter and celebration coming from the beach & you'll surely find us!

Pat and Steph👰

This will be our first time in Jamaica and we sooooo excited!!! My groom and I will be at CN from 9/1 thru 9/7. Birthday on the 4th, and getting married on the 5th. Can't wait to say "I do" and eat wedding/birthday cake in such a beautiful place! One Love!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mocah View Post
    Pat and Steph��

This will be our first time in Jamaica and we sooooo excited!!! My groom and I will be at CN from 9/1 thru 9/7. Birthday on the 4th, and getting married on the 5th. Can't wait to say "I do" and eat wedding/birthday cake in such a beautiful place! One Love!!!
    We'll be there the same time as you. You will love the place and they do a very nice job with the weddings. We got married there last December. Congrats!!!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Here's our picture so hopefully some of you can find us. August 31 - September 7. 33 days to go!!!
    Name:  04981143__01 (1024x937).jpg
Views: 236
Size:  136.8 KB
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

To ColoradoJuli - Nice photo! Beautiful couple.

To Mandercat 7- you're welcome - hope my condolences on your GSD that passed on lets you know that you aren't alone. I know that pain. On a happier note - YES, you can definitely use the A/N hot tub at night. We have never used the A/N hot tub because even at night the weather is so darn warm that my hubby says he can't bear to get into the hot tub. He says it's too hot! (BTW - I just caught it - can't "bear/bare" to get into the hot tub - that was totally unintended - I crack myself up). There is no A/N pool but you can definitely use the A/N portion of the beach and go into the ocean au naturel at night (as long as it's in front of the A/N beach). If you are at all shy, going to the A/N area at night will help you get used to it.

To everyone else: I'm going to post a roll call with everyone's dates and some personalized information. If I have anyone's dates or other information wrong, please be sure to correct it or let me know and I'll correct it. I'm also going to post some questions which you can answer or not, as you wish.
    Last edited by CA_girl_in_TX; July 29th, 2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo

Default Roll Call!

ROLL CALL

Here is a list I put together of everyone who is going to Couples Negril in September, along with some personalized information that you've volunteered. If I have anyone's information listed incorrectly, or if anyone wants to offer up some additional information, please either let me know or just repost this message with the correct and/or new info.

Also, to keep the conversation going, here are some additional questions to answer (optional, of course):

What is your favorite activity at Couples Negril?
    What is your favorite drink?
    Will you go A/N?

Roll Call (in order by date of arrival):

Volleygirl26 - 8/30 - 9/6 (celebrating 1 year anniversary)
    Coloradojuli - real names: Juliann & Jeff - 8/31 - 9/7 (posted a photo on page 2)
    mswaves - real names: Amber & Thomas - 8/31 - 9/6 (early 30s, red hair and tattoos)
    Mocah - real names: Pat & Steph - 9/1 - 9/7 (celebrating a birthday on 9/4, getting married 9/5)
    Jeanie & Judson - 9/3 - 9/11 (getting married 9/6)
    Mandercat7 - 9/11 - 9/17 (celebrating 14 year anniversary)
    Beth & Jason (also posting as bnease 1109) - 9/11 - 9/16 (celebrating 5 year anniversary and hubby's 33rd birthday)
    PriceView - 9/11 - 9/15 (celebrating 17 year anniversary)
    BodyBounce - real names: Melissa & Scott - 9/11 - 9/18 (on honeymoon; travelling w/3 other couples; posted a photo on page 2)
    CA_girl_in_TX - real names: Danielle & Greg - 9/13 - 9/20 (celebrating 19 year anniversary; posted a photo on page 1)
    GB - 9/16 - 9/21 (celebrating 8 year anniversary)
    Lovnrumpunch - real names: Lucy and ?? - 9/20 -9/28
    Airbell96 - real names: Erin & Steve - 9/20 - 9/28 (celebrating 10 year anniversary)
    Bbref - real names: Jeff & Patti - 9/26 - 10/3 (travelling with 2 other couples)
    ErinJ - 9/27 - 10/4 (on honeymoon)
    Mike and LA - real names: Mike & Leigh Ann - 9/27 - 10/4
    JuleyJeff - 9/29 - 10/5 (first time to Jamaica)
    Last edited by CA_girl_in_TX; July 29th, 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo

Well done Danielle, thanks for taking the time to put together the roll call :-)
    we arrive on the 11th-18th, don't want to miss out on a precious day in paradise, lol
    This is our first time to CN, but last year at CTI, we enjoyed the snorkelling and the crabraces.
    As for my favourite drink.....there are many, bob marley, Malibu rum and pineapple juice, dirty monkey etc. for the hubby, red strip of course, rum rum rum, lol
    A/N..I'd like to try it out....hubby...maybe after some "liquid" encouragement! when it comes down to it, I'll probably need some "liquid" encouragement too!!
    We are also know as Al and Bernadette
    Cheers everyone

Thanks Bernadette, for that corrected and additional info.

OK, here's an updated Roll Call (in order by date of arrival):

Volleygirl26 - 8/30 - 9/6 (celebrating 1 year anniversary)
    Coloradojuli - real names: Juliann & Jeff - 8/31 - 9/7 (posted a photo on page 2)
    mswaves - real names: Amber & Thomas - 8/31 - 9/6 (early 30s, red hair and tattoos)
    Mocah - real names: Pat & Steph - 9/1 - 9/7 (celebrating a birthday on 9/4, getting married 9/5)
    Jeanie & Judson - 9/3 - 9/11 (getting married 9/6)
    Mandercat7 - real names: Al & Bernadette - 9/11 - 9/18 (celebrating 14 year anniversary)
    Beth & Jason (also posting as bnease 1109) - 9/11 - 9/16 (celebrating 5 year anniversary and hubby's 33rd birthday)
    PriceView - 9/11 - 9/15 (celebrating 17 year anniversary)
    BodyBounce - real names: Melissa & Scott - 9/11 - 9/18 (on honeymoon; travelling w/3 other couples; posted a photo on page 2)
    CA_girl_in_TX - real names: Danielle & Greg - 9/13 - 9/20 (celebrating 19 year anniversary; posted a photo on page 1)
    GB - 9/16 - 9/21 (celebrating 8 year anniversary)
    Lovnrumpunch - real names: Lucy and ?? - 9/20 -9/28
    Airbell96 - real names: Erin & Steve - 9/20 - 9/28 (celebrating 10 year anniversary)
    Bbref - real names: Jeff & Patti - 9/26 - 10/3 (travelling with 2 other couples)
    ErinJ - 9/27 - 10/4 (on honeymoon)
    Mike and LA - real names: Mike & Leigh Ann - 9/27 - 10/4
    JuleyJeff - 9/29 - 10/5 (first time to Jamaica)

As before, if I have anything incorrect, or if you would like to offer up some additional personal details, please let me know and I'll repost (or anyone else can repost, too).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast