Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can anyone post some pictures? What work are they doing in the pool area?

I hope they are not simply refurbing the small in ground hottub they covered with the deck when Couples took over from GL San Souci.
    That was a tiny two person hot tub. Hopefully, they are building a large conversation spa similar to other resorts.

I have a picture of the work in progress that one of the staff was kind enough to take for me!

Name:  HOT TUB (1).JPG
Views: 1615
Size:  65.9 KB
    Last edited by KarenON; August 27th, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
    (Karen&Paul)

Nice! looks like it will hold 10-12 comfortably.

Name:  HOT TUB (1).JPG
Views: 1616
Size:  65.9 KB

Found the following management comment on Trip Advisor.

Would seem pool renovation at SSB coming next at SSB!

"We have been engaged with a number of improvement efforts - a new Jacuzzi at SSB, new tiles for the Balloon Bar and Spa Terraces, a total renovation of Rolly's Salon, pool renovations at the Balloon Bar and SSB, as well as renovation of the Spa Gazebos and Bella Vista Restaurant."

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post

"We have been engaged with a number of improvement efforts - a new Jacuzzi at SSB, new tiles for the Balloon Bar and Spa Terraces, a total renovation of Rolly's Salon, pool renovations at the Balloon Bar and SSB, as well as renovation of the Spa Gazebos and Bella Vista Restaurant."
    Yes, supposedly they are removing the waterfall grotto and making the pool all one depth. No shallow end anymore. I think it will really help with the crowds that have been building over at SSB the past few years.

Everyone needs to quit telling people how wonderful SSB is and how nice the people are. <----- JUST KIDDING!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
    CN: 2013

I can't see the picture when clicking on the link. So from what I understand, they didn't make the shallow end of the pool into the jacuzzi??

Hi does anyone know when the work is due to be completed

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
    Hi does anyone know when the work is due to be completed
    Randy said around the end of August, beginning of September!
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    Heard from Randymon that the Hot Tub should be completed by the first of Sept. Below is his post from Aug. 22nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Hi - sorry for the delay in responding.

We should be finished the installation within the next 10 days and there is no disruption to the pool or grill service at all.
    The answer to when it should be completed was addressed earlier in this thread.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

Thanks for the photo, KarenON! It looks perfect!

The new hot tub looks very promising. It might be larger than the "pool" at Tower Island.

So, all if these renovations are taking place now? I know Randymon said that the new SSB hot tub will be completed soon, what about the SSB pool renovation? I would think that renovation would be more involved and take longer.....any ideas??? We will be at CSS over Christmas....

So, all if these renovations are taking place now? I know Randymon said that the new SSB hot tub will be completed soon, what about the SSB pool renovation? I would think that renovation would be more involved and take longer.....any ideas??? We will be at CSS over Christmas....

Thanks for the info Karen we are out mid Nov we were hoping it would be complete by then.......can't wait to give it a try :-)

We'll be there in 7 days so hopefully I can get some early morning pics of the completed hot tub. I'll post as soon as I can.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

Wow!! Can't wait to try that out in December! Hopefully the pool Reno will be done by then. Thank you for the pix.

Today's version, it's coming along...I'm told it may be finished next month.

Name:  Hot Tub new 1.JPG
Views: 1117
Size:  71.6 KB

Name:  Hot Tub new 3.JPG
Views: 1121
Size:  64.3 KB
    (Karen&Paul)

Perfect -- looks just like CN's AN hot tub !! I've been putting this on our comment card for years. So glad they're finally doing this !!

And, it's much nicer/bigger than the old in-ground hot tub from the GLSS days !! Speaking of.......I showed Lovell a picture of that old GLSS hottub when I was there last month & he barely remembered it (until I showed him the picture) !!

thanks for posting the pics, Karen !!

Jackie

Can anyone post pictures of how the construction site looks from the outside? Maybe a shot across the pool towards the grill area.

Thanks!

man, that piece of bar sticking up in the middle will get annoying when using the hot tub.....
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13
    CSS 4/12-4/24/15

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    man, that piece of bar sticking up in the middle will get annoying when using the hot tub.....
    That's for all the whiners and complainers to sit on. Ha ha ha!!!

Bahahahahaha...I can imagine you might end up with a little prick if you walk into it.

I think that bar is actually for the pole dancing pool they are going to be putting in the hut tub!
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

The pole is gone! I'm informed it "should" be finished next week!

Name:  rsz_hot_tub_done.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  189.2 KB
    (Karen&Paul)

We get there today for two weeks. If they get it finished I'll post up a pic!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast