Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 2013

Hey Darren, the name is Greg. The wife and I are spending 8 days at Sans Souci starting on the 7th. It's our second trip there and our 4th overall to a Couples resort. I'm curious about the charter. Have you ever done it before? What's your comfort level with the safety and how quickly do they get you there? I am curious but I know it would be a tough sell to the wife.

Greg and Irene checking in.... We don't know many people (if any) on this board but we're Couple's regulars and fairly new "nudies." We did TI last yr in early January during our anniversary and had our first au natural experience, needless to say we loved it!!! The only issue being the limitation on accessing the island due to choppy water. So this year, we going back to SS for our second time, this time to enjoy the au natural beach. Plus, we just love SS, the mineral pool, the cliffs, and all the stairs, we're big fans. Looking forward to our trip and meeting some of you folks.

I'll try and remember to post a picture later.

here's a picAttachment 20765

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Sorry to say we won't be making it back this year. I had to cancel our yearly trip since Rooster's (Tom's) doctor said no more plane travel. He ended up in the hospital the week after our last trip, and we could have lost him because his CO2 level was so high. We are really going to miss everyone, and of course the beatiful CSS (and SSB). I am just grateful that I still have him.
    Lindad

I will drink one in yours and Roosters (Tom's) honor. Things like this bring to attention what is really important in life. I don't know if you saw the two D's post. Dennis passed this year. You have our thoughts and prayers.

Greg,

I have read several posts from people on this board about their experiences using TimAir. I also personally know one couple that used them a couple of years ago and was very happy with the experience. They said it gave them a good view of the country from the air and only took about 30 minutes to get from MoBay to Ocho. The ride from the air strip to the resort was another 10 minutes. So overall, less than an hour from MoBay to being on the beach. As for safety, the pilots are FAA commercial licensed pilots. The aircraft are supposedly maintained to strict US and British standards. You can go to TimAir.com and read more about them.
    If you decide you'd like to do it, the only change from my original post is my arrival time in MBJ. Delta has pushed the departure time in ATL back an hour and 20 minutes. So my arrival in MBJ is now set for 12:40. That makes it more attractive for me to use TimAir. Taking the bus over will put us into the resort between 3 and 4 pm after getting through customs and the 2 hour ride.
    You can email me if you'd like to avoid the message board delay. darren.cordell@att.net

Darren

Name:  IMG_0130.JPG
Views: 751
Size:  71.2 KB

Debe & Jeff
    May 2012
    May 2013
    December 2013
    May 2014
    Last edited by MsHoo; July 15th, 2013 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks for the info Darren.... That sounds pretty solid to me. As much as I love CSS, the shuttle ride is definitely one of the drawbacks and if we could get there 2-3 hours quicker then that is all I need to hear. I'm going to do some research and see if I can get the wife to buy into it.

Oh.. btw, we land at 1pm, so the timing seems to work out. I'll respond to your email address and let you know.

thanks again.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by still_lovin View Post
    Greg,

I have read several posts from people on this board about their experiences using TimAir. I also personally know one couple that used them a couple of years ago and was very happy with the experience. They said it gave them a good view of the country from the air and only took about 30 minutes to get from MoBay to Ocho. The ride from the air strip to the resort was another 10 minutes. So overall, less than an hour from MoBay to being on the beach. As for safety, the pilots are FAA commercial licensed pilots. The aircraft are supposedly maintained to strict US and British standards. You can go to TimAir.com and read more about them.
    If you decide you'd like to do it, the only change from my original post is my arrival time in MBJ. Delta has pushed the departure time in ATL back an hour and 20 minutes. So my arrival in MBJ is now set for 12:40. That makes it more attractive for me to use TimAir. Taking the bus over will put us into the resort between 3 and 4 pm after getting through customs and the 2 hour ride.
    You can email me if you'd like to avoid the message board delay. darren.cordell@att.net

Darren

December is 11 weeks from today. I think the countdown should begin. We arrive in 83 days. WOOHOO!!!
    Darren and Leesa
    CN - Dec. 2004
    CSS - Dec. 2009, Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015

We've been counting the days ever since we put down our deposit! WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!! And we're looking forward to that little plane ride to Ocho Rios. Let the day dreaming commence.....

Greg & Irene
    CN Jan. 2011
    CTI Jan. 2013
    CSS Jan. 2012 Dec. 2013 Soon come!

Quote Originally Posted by still_lovin View Post
    December is 11 weeks from today. I think the countdown should begin. We arrive in 83 days. WOOHOO!!!

Default December 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bonethugs View Post
    We've been counting the days ever since we put down our deposit! WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!! And we're looking forward to that little plane ride to Ocho Rios. Let the day dreaming commence.....

Greg & Irene
    CN Jan. 2011
    CTI Jan. 2013
    CSS Jan. 2012 Dec. 2013 Soon come!
    Hi folks, 76 days for us to come home to Sans Souci for the 4th time. Gwyne and I arrive on the 7th and leave the 14th. We will be at SSB when we are not playing golf. We try to play 3-4 times when we are there, as you can't do much golfing in Minnesota in December! Let us know if you are going to be there during that week and want to play. Looking forward to seeing the improvements at the pool and hot tub. See ya"ll soon.

Todd & Gwyne
    Minnesota by way of Texas

Default 72 day's and counting

Look forward to seeing everyone. This year has flown by.
    According our latest flight info, Alma and I should be home at Sans Souci around 2PM on Dec 5th. Our 19th trip.

Hey Dale, Say high to Jhanell for us and if you get a chance give her little one a hug for me. We are really going to miss everyone there this year. Have a few drinks for us too. The truth is with all that has happened these past couple of months I really need to be there, but since Tom can't travel (at least not by plane) anymore, I guess we won't get there. As I said earlier, at least he is still around to drive me nuts. Enjoy the new SSB area.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by chieftam View Post
    Hi folks, 76 days for us to come home to Sans Souci for the 4th time. Gwyne and I arrive on the 7th and leave the 14th. We will be at SSB when we are not playing golf. We try to play 3-4 times when we are there, as you can't do much golfing in Minnesota in December! Let us know if you are going to be there during that week and want to play. Looking forward to seeing the improvements at the pool and hot tub. See ya"ll soon.

Todd & Gwyne
    Minnesota by way of Texas
    Normally I would take you up on that offer but I know all I'll do while on the course is wishing I was on the beach with my wife sans clothes. Enjoy the rounds, we'll have some frosty drinks waiting for you at SSB.

33 days and counting

27 Day's

24 days and counting down. We should be there just in time to see the baby turtles hatch on SSB.

Checking the boards looks like body painting as had to SSB

15 day's and counting

11 days. Seems like forever. Been watching the weather in Chicago every day. We leave from O'Hare at 5:30 AM on the 2nd.

We will be arriving on Dec 6, 2013 for a week. Looking forward to it. We were at CSA last November.

Chieftan, we arrive on Dec 6. Not much golfing in Ontario happening this time of year either. I am interest in playing a round or two while there. Do you bring you own clubs or rent there?

14 days now for us. I think it's time to start packing. This is our 3rd trip to Sans Souci and we have booked for next December already. This is the first time we have had 2 countdowns going at the same time. 379 days until trip # 4.
    Darren and Leesa
    CN - Dec. 2004
    CSS - Dec. 2009, Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015

10 day's

Anybody else arriving Dec 3rd from Atlanta?

We leave from O'Hare on Dec 7th. And the 10 day forecast is just out of reach right now. the clock is ticking....

Quote Originally Posted by rshutes90 View Post
    11 days. Seems like forever. Been watching the weather in Chicago every day. We leave from O'Hare at 5:30 AM on the 2nd.
    Greg & Irene

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast