Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

We have noticed that there are bronzed nudists there, those with nice white bikini areas, but interestingly some that are white all over. No kidding, they all look good! With today's sunscreens if you reapply a couple times during the day I guarantee no burn

SUGGESTION
    Even though I live in Florida, being a redhead I burn fairly easily. So first thing in the morning before heading over to Tower Island, I get undressed and use the sunscreen spray booth in our room (the shower). Just make sure and hold your breathe while spraying and make sure there is a towel to stand on since it can make the shower pretty slippery. Also it is wise to double coat as you don't want to miss any spots, otherwise the red zebra stripes come out later.

I hope the room cleaning crew is not too upset!

jkrarup

Pretan with lamps is absolutely not necessary. Anyone that uses SPF and gets burned is likely not using enough or not reapplying during the day

I do like the idea of sunless bronzer to cut the blinding glare of snow birds.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyhub View Post
    We have noticed that there are bronzed nudists there, those with nice white bikini areas, but interestingly some that are white all over. No kidding, they all look good! With today's sunscreens if you reapply a couple times during the day I guarantee no burn
    We are the type that show up with the "white all over" or "golfer's tan". Do not have much opportunity in the states to let it all hang out.

We used to pre-tan, but stopped years ago. Too much work to get ready to lay around at the resort. Just use sunscreen and you will still get enough tan over the week.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV. Actually I am a doctor but not of the medical variety. So this is not a medical opinion, only, as a physical scientist, a data point.
    My experience at the beach (no pre-tan) is to end up with red patches related to inadequate sunscreen application. This time we did a lamp-based pre-tan for a month. At CN we did a complete spray spf 30 application after showering in the morning and then forgot about it for the day. Result: no issues whatsoever. So for us, at least, pre-tanning seems to have worked. It is a bit time-intensive.

Yep, Iím usually the white all over kind. We use sunscreen all over and reapply a couple of times and stay in shade some. I donít tan, so I like the way I am and rather spend my money during vacation instead of pre-tanning. Everyone is different....thank goodness 😀

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3