Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Personally I don't see the need for 'individually' moderated messages - this is a a Bulletin board for a holiday resort for adults (not an 'adult' holiday resort :-o !!!)and, whilst excellent value for money, not the cheapest holiday resort on the planet...

Anyhow what I am trying to say is there shouldn't be a need to moderate the board at this level, I would say 'normal' moderation should be sufficient - i.e. posts are not moderated unless reported or T's & C's are breached in which case the poster can be put on probation/banned etc. Whilst this system can be weak where highly emotive subjects are concerned (music, films, anything relating to teenagers etc) I post on several other boards that use this level of moderation highly successfully. Another option, one that is used on some boards is that users are moderated for their first x number of posts - basically until they can be seen to behave in a mature fashion..?

OK, who's got the conch??? Anyway, I remember waaaaay back when, when I happened upon the Couples webite, and discovered Couples had a MB. I was simply delighted, in fact I still am. My DH & I visit here daily for our Couples fix, catching up on what's new. Mostly though, we visit just for a little bit of comfort, which tides us over until we go back home. Thanks Couples for everything you do. Respect, Razzldazzl

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    All I want to say is if you can not answer the question nicely, then do not answer it, just go to the next posting.

It is a bad time for all the resorts, we as a Couples family need to do what ever we can to help new people and promote Couples for they will go to Couples. This is in our best interest to help keep the rates down and to allow Couples to grow.

I will answer the same question time and time again to promote Couples Resort for it will be their when we go.
    It is attitudes like this that make me feel comfortable asking questions. In May, we made our reservation for our first trip to Couples in November. Since then I have been avidly reading this board for all kinds of tips.....what to wear, what to do, where to go, what the resorts are like, what the people are like...all of that. This board creates an excitement for us and anticipation of what great things lie ahead in November. It also helps with decisicions about what to take with us. Packing for a trip that includes a flight does take some thought. Those of us who are new want to enjoy the experience and become repeaters as well. I have probably asked questions that were asked before too, but as everyone has said, it is hard to search for something. Also, it seems like someone has a different answer sometimes and the new information is always good to see. Maybe some who have been many times find it tedious to see questions they already know the answer to, but some of us don't know and need to ask...and it is great that someone like Jon1963 along with many, many others, don't mind helping us out and making us feel like part of the Couples family too!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    All I want to say is if you can not answer the question nicely, then do not answer it, just go to the next posting.

It is a bad time for all the resorts, we as a Couples family need to do what ever we can to help new people and promote Couples for they will go to Couples. This is in our best interest to help keep the rates down and to allow Couples to grow.

I will answer the same question time and time again to promote Couples Resort for it will be their when we go.
    That is exactly what I was thinking, well said! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithl1028 View Post
    I too am guilty... I posted a comment back to someone a week ago or so and while I admit my comment should of been reworded, the barage of negative comments back made me feel like I was a piece of Chit... So I chose not comment any further.
    Just so you know, a lot of us agreed with you, but didn't dare comment because of the way you got slaughtered. Just take it with a grain of salt...there are rude people on the bus and on the message board!
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Quote Originally Posted by Smithl1028 View Post
    I too am guilty... I posted a comment back to someone a week ago or so and while I admit my comment should of been reworded, the barage of negative comments back made me feel like I was a piece of Chit... So I chose not comment any further.
    As one of the folks who 'slammed' you , allow me the courtesy of apologizing, but also 'splaining that my response was very much tongue-in-cheek.

To be frank, I did think your post was a bit lecture-ish in nature, but it certainly wasn't anything particularly harsh. It's just that I have this rather warped sense of humor and your response to the bathroom issue was ripe for one of my goofy rejoinders, hence the pee-pee police alert. I often forget that we can only read the words from what people type, we can't see the expressions on the faces or often don't feel the underlying tone of the words. Had you been face to face with me, you would have seen the little gleam in my eyes, knowing that I wasn't taking what you stated all that seriously. Like I said, it was merely a chance to showcase my whacked sense of humor. That's what I get for being an ol' Andy Kaufman fan.

So again I apologize for coming across as mean spirited in my response. Hope it's all good in da Couples hood.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Well, here's my 2 cents...I don't get on the board that often anymore anyway so, the slow postings are not a problem. (Just busy w/ my life.) And when I come across a posting, if it's been answered, I skip it and move on. Or if it's an opinion, I say what I would as if we were talking face to face. Yes, I know, I have change coming!!

This thread is just too much fun! I had to put in my two cents!

Repeat Postings
    I think there are so many repeat postings because people want to feel like their question is being answered personally. It helps build the wonderful sense of community on this board and at the resorts. Other people keep responding because we all LOVE talking about Couples. Heck, I'm pretty sure I just convinced the lady at the DMV to go there, I CAN'T stop talking about Couples! People asking the same questions on the board help give my face-to-face friends a break. (I think they might be a bit tired.)

Rude Comments
    As others have said, non-verbal communication is extremely difficult. I teach online classes with lots of discussion and trying to communicate effectively with one another is the hardest part of my course, according to the students. I've found that I can really change the way I perceive someone's potentially negative post by just reading it aloud in the most positive tone possible. Give it a try!

I notice a tendency of some people who have anointed themselves "Couples Cops". I have read many posts on the Meet Up threads in which groups of people have gone to Couples annually and have gotten to know each other over the years. Some groups have gotten rather large (20-30 people, sound familiar?) and they appear to have a lively fun time in their annual reunions. Some might even classify them as (shhhh) rowdy. These people paid the same amount as the quiet, tranquil, romantic couples, and as long as they are respectful of others, they should not be chastised for their methods of having a good time. While newbies can be forewarned that Couples is definitely not a typical wild spring break party destination, please don't assume that they are all coming to destroy the Couples atmosphere and that Couples needs to be protected from them by rudely steering them away.

As jamaican junkie initially stated, a vacation can be something different to each couple. To some, a romantic vacation is meeting up with old friends, temporarily shedding their normal daily responsibilites, and acting like kids for a few days. Please respect their vacation plans as you would like others to respect yours.

One of the key eliments of being a Couplesholic and a Message Board Junkie is RESPECT.

Yes! Even I can be guilty of not showing it at times, but if we all practice it and demonstrate it to each other there will be NO PROBLEM.

The wonderful world of electronic communications!

becandjas89

Due to inflation you can no longer add your 2 cents. It has now risen to a nickle! Please deposit 3 more cents.

rdyjmjm...lol

I always say about my family, "We're like M&M's. Some plain, some nutty. But we still all fit in the bag." I'll admit to being a nutty one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Just so you know, a lot of us agreed with you, but didn't dare comment because of the way you got slaughtered. Just take it with a grain of salt...there are rude people on the bus and on the message board!
    OMG Thank You for this feedback... enuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    As one of the folks who 'slammed' you , allow me the courtesy of apologizing, but also 'splaining that my response was very much tongue-in-cheek.

To be frank, I did think your post was a bit lecture-ish in nature, but it certainly wasn't anything particularly harsh. It's just that I have this rather warped sense of humor and your response to the bathroom issue was ripe for one of my goofy rejoinders, hence the pee-pee police alert. I often forget that we can only read the words from what people type, we can't see the expressions on the faces or often don't feel the underlying tone of the words. Had you been face to face with me, you would have seen the little gleam in my eyes, knowing that I wasn't taking what you stated all that seriously. Like I said, it was merely a chance to showcase my whacked sense of humor. That's what I get for being an ol' Andy Kaufman fan.

So again I apologize for coming across as mean spirited in my response. Hope it's all good in da Couples hood.

Thanks I do feel better now

my 5 Cents your all awsome people. I loved all these comments pro and con

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What the...? How'd this silly looking shell get in my hand?

Well, anyway, I'm one of the two or three people here who can honestly say we showed up before there was a "real" message board... I'm talking MSNgroups here, folks, and many of you don't even know what that means.

Ok, having shown my grey hair, an observation or two...

MB posting speed... I've got two words for you... Soon Come...

Repeat questions... I love 'em! If we didn't have 'em, there'd be no need for the MB. Believe me... everything has been asked, and probably more than once.

Personal, repeat, or "irrelevent" postings. Simple suggestion... don't read 'em. Move on to the next one. Its a big board.

'Nuff said... here's your darn shell....
    Love this post!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3