Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: May 2013

2 more days until we leave for Tower Isle!! (We are already on the list - Jeff & Sara-Beth)

Quote Originally Posted by GACouple View Post
    You can put my wife and I down for May 10-17!! Can't wait! Looks like there will be several others from the forum during that time as well. Maybe we will run into you.
    We will be there the same time! We are coming from Baltimore. Flight leaves out of Baltimore around 8:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore Bill View Post
    My wife and I will be at CTI 5/11 - 5/18 Bill & Samantha
    Nice! We are also from the Baltimore area. We will be there 5/10 - 5/17

Its almost here!! Leaving tomorrow morning

We will be there the same time! We are coming from Baltimore. Flight leaves out of Baltimore around 8:30am.
    Cool!

We are leaving from Atlanta should be arriving in Jamaica around noon I believe. Then we just have to wait through the 2 hours bus ride.... I'm so ready to be there! Bring on the Red Stripe!

6 days I am ready and packed!!!

Single Digit Dance We have 9 days

Great job guys with the list, Lois and I (Stteve) will be there May 27 thru June 4. Save us a seat on the Island! I'll add a photo soon.

We arrived in Tower Isle around 2:45pm! It's wonderful here.

Picture from the main lobby area

Picture from our room (wife - Spaghettihead827 is a member on here) ** Hope she doesn't get mad at me for posting it.. but she won't see it until we get back lol **

Oh, what the heck, here's us in our first trip to CTI!

Yes, it's a selfie up in the tower on the Isle!

Name:  100_2724.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  113.8 KB

Jason & Kathy
    CTI in 17 days!!!!!

3 days !!

Single digit countdown!! We (Jeff and Lori) can't wait to be there May 19 - 26!! It is our first time and looking forward to relaxation, fruity drinks and fun on the beach!! Flying from Memphis...

11 days to go!! Looking forward to this trip so much!

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    Oh, what the heck, here's us in our first trip to CTI!

Yes, it's a selfie up in the tower on the Isle!

Name:  100_2724.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  113.8 KB

Jason & Kathy
    CTI in 17 days!!!!!
    Nice! I didn't think you could take cameras over to the isle.. We went there today but didn't take cameras.

Oh I thought your name was Warren lol

Quote Originally Posted by jdgtunc21 View Post
    Nice! I didn't think you could take cameras over to the isle.. We went there today but didn't take cameras.

Oh I thought your name was Warren lol
    No one had said anything, and we never pointed the camera at other guests. I think it's sort of a "we won't stop you, but please don't." Which we didn't know (first trip.) I think it also helped that the camera wasn't a little thing, it's a nice digital with a good sized zoom lens on it (not going to be able to "palm" the camera to sneak photos...)

This trip, the camera is staying off the Isle.

Jason
    a dozen days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    No one had said anything, and we never pointed the camera at other guests. I think it's sort of a "we won't stop you, but please don't." Which we didn't know (first trip.) I think it also helped that the camera wasn't a little thing, it's a nice digital with a good sized zoom lens on it (not going to be able to "palm" the camera to sneak photos...)

This trip, the camera is staying off the Isle.

Jason
    a dozen days to go!
    Gotcha. Yeah we wanted to take our camera to get a picture from top of the tower but didn't want to get in trouble/kicked off the isle. So we left it in our safe.

We got back Friday night

Only 6 more days...!!! But, a quick question. We had hoped to only bring 2 carry-ons for our luggage. However, what about sun lotion/spray at the airport? Will we be allowed to carry it on if it's over 3 ounces? Any other packing suggestions would be welcomed, as well. Be there soon!!!

7 days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtchr86 View Post
    Only 6 more days...!!! But, a quick question. We had hoped to only bring 2 carry-ons for our luggage. However, what about sun lotion/spray at the airport? Will we be allowed to carry it on if it's over 3 ounces? Any other packing suggestions would be welcomed, as well. Be there soon!!!
    I believe if you try to take anything over 3oz through security, they will confiscate it. The exceptions are "medically needed" materials (I'm hoping, I've read contact saline counts as this) If you buy it after passing through security, you're all set.

One option is to go buy some "travel sized" containers (3oz) at someplace like KMart / Walmart / drug store, and put your sun lotion in those.

Amusing isn't it?
    You can't take any container over 3oz, but you could pack an entire carry-on sized bag with 3oz containers (each in a ziplock) and be OK...

Jason
    CTI in 7 days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Goins View Post
    7 days!!!!
    Not anymore! 6 Days and counting.....

We are here now, and we tried to do the 2 carry on thing....yes the will confiscate if you try to bring larger than 3 oz bottles.. saw that happen....so I split mine up in little bottles but we were here for six days and it was not enough, so we ended up buying sunscreen in the gift shop. Then with all the other stuff we bought, we ended up doing the shopping excursion just to buy an extra bag to check going back...lesson learned for next time....bite the bullet and do a checked bag. If anything, just for your sunscreen.

Yeah, our first trip we managed with one carry-on and one checked, put the big containers (sunscreen, contact saline) in the checked bag. We had also brought both our fin sets and masks, which is why the checked.

This trip we're staying for twice as long, so we're going to two checked bags (dive bag with scuba gear and sunscreen, regular bag we can lock with clothes and other stuff)

Our carry-on will have the "bare minimum" so we can still enjoy ourselves if our checked bags get lost / misplaced / sent to International Airport Irkutsk...

Plus, having 2 checked, one of which has a good bit of room for stuffing clothes in on the way home, gives us a way to bring home more souvenirs!

Jason & Kathy
    CTI in 6 days!!!!

Just got back and we are ready to go again!! Amazing trip! If we met you there, send me a message, we can hook up on FB.
    Lisa and TJ....It was so nice to meet so many of you on our trip!

Name:  972000_10200395851556647_935053321_n.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  66.7 KB

2 DAYS!

If Randymon the mod is taking time off for Memorial day here in the States (he's out of Florida I believe) by the time this gets moderated and posted, we'll be...
    On the airplane...

OK, not quite as nice as being able to say we'd be on the beach, but we'll be on our WAY to the beach!

2 days!!!
    TWO DAYS!
    DOS DIAS!
    CHA' JAJ!! (real geek points to anyone who figures out what language this is!)
    DWA DNI!!!!

Jason & Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by jdgtunc21 View Post
    We arrived in Tower Isle around 2:45pm! It's wonderful here.
    Picture from our room (wife - Spaghettihead827 is a member on here) ** Hope she doesn't get mad at me for posting it.. but she won't see it until we get back lol **

That wouldn't happen to be from Rm 3220, would it?

If it's not, then you must've only been a floor or two up from us!

Jason & Kathy

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8