Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We went "home" for the first time in June 2010. Cant wait to walk thru the front door again in 2012. It too gave my wife and I a rejuvination in our marriage. We so look forward to going back " as a couple" that most other obstacles seem fairly small. What a fantastic place! We are not travelers by any stretch of the imagination. Our problem now is that we are not sure we want to "travel" anywhere else other than Couples Negril. Ohhhh, and we are recruiting friends, so they too can experience the greatness of Couples.

Texasbiggs

The idea for me that is like a home away from home becasue it just feels so comfortable to be there
    and I extend that feeling to Jamaica in general

For us - it was our fourth trip that upon arrival to Couples Negril, we really felt like we were home. It was such a comfortable feeling that came over us - it truly is an amazing place!

I came back to this message board after being absent for a long time. It sometimes simply becomes to painful to discuss "home" when we don't have set plans for a return visit. We haven't been to Jamaica since 2008 and I am really feeling her pull. I do think you have to go to know, Texasbiggs, and I hope your Couples vacay is an awesome one. We are now in the discussion stages of returning to Jamaica for the eighth time and to Couples for the 4th (or 5th if you count a combo trip to CN and CSA as two stays ) When I came back to this site and the MB and saw this thread, I knew that our Couples "home" awaits us. Hopefully, soon come. Keep it as great as ever and we look forward to experiencing the minor "home improvements" that have transpired since we were there last.

I'm 100% with Texasbiggs here. My home has a messy garage(still) and a kid that crawls into my bed almost every night and kicks me in the back. Plus home in Oct can mean very cold weather. I too want to get away from "home". But I get where some of you are coming from.

How about: "On a little Island full of love, Couple Resorts is the G-Spot"

Quote Originally Posted by texasbiggs View Post
    Randymon,

What is the Couples strategy for Marketing? Find new customers? Keep Old ones? Positioning statement?
    etc.... You do not need to answer these questions but I really think "Your Home" works well with a certain customer base.....long-term customers, previous guests.

If you are trying to attract new customers, this theme does not work IMO....

Most people go to Couples on Vacation! Vacation is leaving home, leaving the kids, a needed change.

To say I want to go home to a newbie is somewhat confusing. I am spending money to leave home. I expect a different experience. I would think it would take a number of visits before I will call Couples home. I know, once you go, you know.....and that may be right. I hope so.

I think it is great that CN has such a great following and it played a factor in my decision to go to couples. I am guessing that the "home theme" is used more on this board which has a high number of previous guests. If that is the case, I am ok......If used as part of a major ad or action to attract new customers, you might want to rethink the strategy.

Just some food for thought......

Never been to Couples but been to Negril 20+ times since 1987
    Looking forward to my first visit.

Texasbiggs
    Lots of people have vacation homes, or condos, boats, etc. This is the way I look at CTI. As for being "home", we are welcomed "home" when going through immigrations in Montego Bay.
    Vicky

Mi yard at "Home". (Actually, we have 4 "Homes" in Jamaica...I just like this pic from CSA!!! )

Attachment 13504
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Texasbiggs - You'll know you're "home" when you walk into that Couples Negril lobby ..... We had been to Negril several times also when we found Couples in 2003 .... It was Couples Swept Away ..... The next year we tried Couples Negril & fell head over heals in LOVE LOVE LOVE with it. When I think of "home" ... that's the first thought that comes to mind ... not my house here in Missouri because CN is where I keep my smile ... It's my "happy place" that can make me smile even on the worst day .... I know it's there waiting on me to come "home".
    Julie

Trying our new home CSS in just 40 days. Then 257 days to we are back at CSA (where our family is) for our 9th trip home.

Love Couples and all you do for us.
    Thank you for making us feel at home always,

Kim and Kevin

... It's my "happy place" that can make me smile even on the worst day .... It's the place (CTI) I go to when I'm getting my blood pressure taken! It works!
    Vicky

Default Love it!

I cannot tell you how much we appreciate that you are taking care of our vacation home for us. It is our home twice a year now. It is always nice and clean when we come back to CSS. We cannot wait until our winter visit in January. While it is snowing here in Chicago we will be tanning at the beach. I will dream about it until then and enjoy my pictures.

Karyn and Tom

CSA is truly our Jamaican home! And the wonderful staff there have become a part of our family. We keep in touch all year long and count the days until our annual visit. There is nothing that matches the excitement when we bring up the suitcases and begin to prepare to go "home"!
    We now have other extended family members who are people that we met while vacationing at Couples Swept Away who come from all over the world! Visit number five will be in March...can't wait!

Default Your "Home"

Thanks to all for the comments and replies. I was looking at this theme from a marketing strategy.
    I think Couples does a great job of keeping and attracting customers. We, the customer benefit from their success.

Having never been to Couples and looking forward to my first visit, I still find the campaign a little strange to attract new customers.

Your Jamaica Home is not bad, but still may not attract me to vacation there.

Home is a difficult word. "Go Home!" and "Home Sweet Home" have totally different meanings.

I have seen a number of companies get confused in marketing their product.

It appears that many people like this type of tagline. Glad it works.

I just wanted to share an opinion. I would like to see a resort sell the benefits. Answer the question, Why stay here?
    Couples has so many benefits it does not need to be cute or confusing.
    In my mind, campaigns that confuse the customer into thinking that it is something that it is not......is kinda cheap....
    Example: "We will leave the light on........ "

Either way....I am leaving "home and vacationing at Couples."

Thanks again for the comments....

How about this? Better Texasbiggs?

Couples Resorts. For you and your one love.

We'll merely look after it for you until you return.

THIS is Where Romance Lives!

Share The Love!

Couples Resorts

Texasbiggs... Seriously? Marketing strategy? Are we talking about Jamaica or some big corporate entity? If you already booked a trip, then the "marketing strategy" seems to work just fine. You may have been to other places in Negril, but until you've been to a Couples resort, you just don't know. We're getting ready to go back for the third time, and even though we've been to several other spots in the Caribbean and literally checked out hundreds more, we can never think of someplace we'd rather be than our home away from home. Besides, I don't think people use "home" on this MB, because it's part of Randy's marketing strategy. People use "home", because that's how they personally feel about the welcoming, comforting atmosphere at Couples. The staff are great and easy to connect with, the food is incredible, and you know what to expect every time you visit. And just for the record, I searched the website pretty thoroughly and there is no "home" marketing strategy. The only place you will see that is on the MB, because that is a first hand account of people who have been there and continue to go back.

In this world of uncertainties, I am CERTAIN that once you visit Couples, you will have a change of heart. That's what the magic is all about!

Default "This is Where Romance Lives"

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    How about this? Better Texasbiggs?

Couples Resorts. For you and your one love.

We'll merely look after it for you until you return.

THIS is Where Romance Lives!

Share The Love!
    Randy,

I am in no way recommending or suggesting a change. Your organization is outstanding and has developed a great following.
    FWIW....I like this romance theme much better than "home" theme.
    My opinion counts as 1 vote and am honored to voice an opinion.

I just thought you should know that I made a decision to visit Couples this year for first time because of great benefits, ratings and reviews on various websites and both my daughters visited on their honeymoon. You have a great product. I think your messaging should say the same. Romance is classy. Share the Love works the JA feeling. The "home" theme just did not work for me. Again, the voice of one person.

Either way, I am coming to experience the feeling....and romance.

93 sleeps and counting

Texasbiggs

I think maybe certain folks are putting too much thought into this "your home" idea. I dont recall getting the impression that this was a marketing strategy. I may be wrong. As I see it, Jamaica is considered by those that have been welcomed there as "home." I recall being welcomed "home" before we stepped foot on Couples soil. Somebody mentioned being welcomed "home" in the immigration line. I also beleive that I heard the same. Randymon may have just been trying to narrow it down a little. I do agree with Texasbiggs, that I leave home for vacation. However, your Couples "home" is fantasy land and no worries. I think we would all like that in our normal everyday lives and find our "home" within that. Unfortunately, most of us cant have that all the time. Thats why we visit "home" and dont own the entire island, otherwise it would just be plain ol' home.
    @ Texasbiggs, you will not be disappointed with your choice to visit "your Couples home". They will take care of it until you decide to return, just as mama would. Enjoy yourselves, and make a new "home" (away from home).

Yes it sure is. We will be there every year after 1 fantstic trip there last December. We are coming for 2 weeks this time. ALready planning dates for 2012. As our kids get older we will only come more and more. If I had one word to some up CSA......it would be PERFECTION. 98 sleeps till we return home.

My wife and I will be going to a couples resort for the first time next month. We still are having a tough time deciding. Could you help us we like to take walks on the beach and like to tan nude. We are going for our anniversary so want it to be romantic. Which couples resort should we go to.

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeandi View Post
    My wife and I will be going to a couples resort for the first time next month. We still are having a tough time deciding. Could you help us we like to take walks on the beach and like to tan nude. We are going for our anniversary so want it to be romantic. Which couples resort should we go to.
    We have only been to CN, but from what I've heard, walks on the beach at CN are not as long (distance-wise) as walks at CSA, but are more tranquil with less vendors to deal with. The AN section at CN has its own hot tub, bar and this section of the beach is surround by a privacy hedge. Couples, in general, is romantic, so you can't go wrong with any of the resorts.

Default Couples Sans Souci

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeandi View Post

My husband and I made our first trip in December 2010 to Couples Sans Souci. We loved it so much that we have decided to go twice a year. We just got back in July 2011 and are planning our next trip for January 2012. Life is hectic and things interfere with our marriage connections, but when we know that we are going home to a life of romance and "no worries mon" we know that better things are right around the corner.

From what I have read, it really does not matter which resort you visit, but I can guarantee that you will get hooked on the life that they present for you. You just have to concentrate on having a good time and spending time with your spouse.

Life doesn't get any better than Couples Jamaica where romance awaits you!

Karyn

I'm clicking my heels and saying, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." I will be "home" aka Couples Negril in 97 days. Home is my happy and secure place. I absolutely cannot wait to be 'home again."

Texasbiggs, simply said in many marketing campaigns about Jamaica:

"Once you go, you'll know"

welcome to Couples and your new family.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Just got home i mean my livivng plsce my real home is cti where my wife have gone for the last 7 years except during renovations,,there is no place like cti ,,especially when getting off bus you are greeted by hugs from byron and capt kirk,,they are the best...randy how can i post new pics from cti...

We hit 99 days to CN today (Sunday) ...... Our "Home Away from Home" .... where I keep my smile ... See you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debjes View Post
    I'm clicking my heels and saying, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." I will be "home" aka Couples Negril in 97 days. Home is my happy and secure place. I absolutely cannot wait to be 'home again."
    Julie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast