Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Help convince me to try it !

    This will be our 10th trip to CSS, but our TA is trying to convince us to try CTI. I just can't decide. It being our 10th to CSS is kinda special, but if we go to CTI it will be like starting over. I guess I am just a little afraid of change. CSS is home and family.
    If we do switch I don't know what room category to choose. A ocean view with a balcony is a must(suggestions welcome)
    Oh what to do???

  2. #2


    Well, I can't tell you where to go, you have to go with your gut. But one thing I can tell you that we've learned from trying all of the Couples resorts, if that if you do choose to go to CTI, do NOT expect CSS, or you will be disappointed. It's not that CTI is bad (in fact, it's our favorite!) it's just that it's different from CSS. All Couples are unique and offer different things.

    I'd be happy to send you our CTI pics, as well as the resort map and room list if that would help in your decision (

    Good luck!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

  3. #3


    Do A Trading Spaces for one day to check it out

  4. #4


    The only room types I think can even compair to CSS at CTI are the one bedroom ocean balcony suites. I'd do a 5/5 split if you can go for 10 nights start at CTI and end at CSS. Otherwise I'd head to CSS and do the trading places pass to check out CTI before you go.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

  5. #5


    A question... why is your TA hellbent on steering you toward one resort over another?

    "In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

  6. #6


    It sounds to me like your travel agent has some sort of incentive plan for TI.

    I'm certainly not going to tell you not to try TI, and we also were tempted, but we decided that with so little available time off, we'd go with what we know we love. We do intend to do the Trading Places, and I think we would have done a split if not for the temptation of the spa/gift shop credits offered earlier. If we could have managed 10 days off, we would happily have done a 7/3 split and still managed to take advantage of the seven-day-stay rewards.

    Please keep us posted on what you decide!

  7. #7


    We are CTI loyalists, we are headed home for the 5th time in January. I don't know if I would switch. I would definitely take advantage of the trading places program, but if you have been to CSS 9 times, evidently you have found a certain magic there that keeps you returning. Hmmmmmm, that is a tough decision!!! Good luck with whatever you decide.

  8. #8


    I did it! We will be going to our beloved Sans Souci. It was a really hard decision. Our TA had just visited CTI since the renovation, and thought it was wonderful. I am sure it is and I will take advantage of the Trading Places pass to see for myself. Maybe next time CTI? Thanks for your inputs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts