Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 2012

We can't book airfare until May for November travel. As for the "jump", it may not be as big as you think, since prices now include all taxes and fees.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

Funny there is another post about the same thing but we just booked last night and we are actually paying $34 less per person than we did last year. I watched prices last year and jumped on one and it was a little high, and prices dropped a small amount, but I think even with what we are paying this year, it would be about 15 dollars more per person, had we jumped on the lowest rate I saw last year.

We book directly through US Air and I don't think there are any deals or anything. It messed me up at first, trying to compare when they added the taxes and fees to the pricing, but I know what the price per person was and that shows, so I can compare prices exactly the same. I feel like we did better this year. We have a decent price on the room, and less on airfare.

I'm not good at researching much, especially with flights so I'm sure that either I missed something big last year or just got lucky this year. We fly directly from Charlotte to Jamaica.

Can't wait to get back, especially now that everything is booked.

Being Canadians, Jen & I have flown out of Toronto (we live in Ottawa) for the last 3 trips we have taken. The first two flights were with Air Canada, and our recent trip to CTI, we flew Westjet, as the prices were different.

When we were looking last year, and have begun our search this year, we found the flight out of Philadelphia or NY on Caribbean Air. The flight leaves around 6am, and lands at MBJ at about 9:30am or so.

Has anyone had any experience on this flight? For us it would mean a drive down to either Philly or NY (about 8 hours), and a night’s stay in either city on the way back, but the flight is cheaper, and would get us to the resort 6-7 hours earlier then our usual 6-6:30pm.

The biggest draw for me is getting to the resort earlier (and leaving later on departure day), but once we factor in all the extra costs (hotel, long term parking, fuel costs to drive down etc.), the savings are negligible at best.

The extra hours at the resort are a big draw, but we’re just not sure if the drive would be worth the while…

Only 274 days for us!

we havent booked yet but are looking at Nov 6th - 16th or there abouts
    Don & Denise

Reservations just made for November 6th - 16th. This will be our 5th time visiting Couples Negril...5-years in a row.

Already counting down until we leave Seattle...237-Days, 4-Hours until our flight leaves.
    Don & Denise

"The extra hours at the resort are a big draw, but we’re just not sure if the drive would be worth the while…

Only 274 days for us"

Jay & Jen, we drive 1 1/2 hrs to JFK the night B/4 and stay at a park & fly hotel so that we can catch the 6:am flight that puts us in Montego Bay at 9:30. The homebound flight leaves MBJ at 6:15 PM. For us it is almost like an extra day on each end of our stay and that IS WORTH IT.

OK everyone else is bumping their threads up there and ours is getting lost, so I'm still excited even though it is 5 months + off...I just wanted to see the November thread up there again!

Finally found an airfare I can live with . Had to change our res from Thurs to Thurs TO Wed to Wed . Not flying Caribean out of JFK but United out of EWR. Times not quite as good as out of JFK, but the fare is about $400.00 less. We now arrive Nov. 7, leave Nov, 14. Negril, ready or not, here we come.
    Peggy & Tom (new Jersey)

Brian & Mendy (Wichita, KS) - Nov 3-10
    Bookworm (Need some names here) - Nov 3-10
    Tom & Peggy (NJ) - Nov 7 -14
    Alex & Mandy - Nov -14
    Glenda & Mickey - Nov 10-17
    Lori & Chuck - Nov 10-16
    Keith & Janice - Nov 10 -18
    Jay & Jen - Nov14-23
    Tom & Teresa (Daytona Beach, FL) - Nov 17-24
    Art & Bev (RI) - Nov 22 - Dec 2

Mark & Sue (Chicago) Nov. 25 - Dec 2
    Alex & Mandy - Nov -14
    Lori & Chuck - Nov 10-16
    Jay & Jen - Nov14-23

We are going to be there 11/5/12 thru 11/12/12 for our honeymoon

Jen and Craig

Jen & Craig - Nov 5 - 12
    Alex & Mandy - Nov -14
    Lori & Chuck - Nov 10-16
    Jay & Jen - Nov14-23

Welcome aboard Jen & Craig & best of wishes on your upcoming Wedding.

Jen & Craig - Nov 5-12
    Alex & Mandy - Nov -14
    Lori & Chuck - Nov 10-16
    Jay & Jen - Nov14-23

We will be there for our honeymoon from Nov. 5 thru Nov. 12 We are Craig and Jen from St. Louis, MO

We're making our second trip to Negril and can't wait for the day we leave! We'll be there Sept 30 to Oct 7th. Happy to help celebrate 15 years for Couples Negril and 16 years of marriage. Anyone with an details regarding the party please post them.

See ya in Jamaica,

Andrew & Arah

We just booked 11/13 through 11/20. Until this morning we were sure we would go back to CTI but the beach at CN looks so nice.

Marty & Cathy

We'll be there from 11/23 through 12/1. This will be our 6th time visiting CN.

Steve & Meghan (St. Louis)

Also, our friends Nathan & Allison (St. Louis) will be joining us. They are CN and Jamaica virgins. They'll be there from 11/23 through 11/28.

Thank you for the well wishes. We are looking forward to meeting lots of new people come November . It will be our first time there.

Oh happy day! We just booked our 5th trip to CN.....November 13th to November 27th. Yay!! We get to stay for two weeks this time. The countdown is on.
    Ken and Shirlee
    Edson Alberta

Yay more Canuks!

Only 103 more days... This past year has absolutely flown by for us.

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    Oh happy day! We just booked our 5th trip to CN.....November 13th to November 27th. Yay!! We get to stay for two weeks this time. The countdown is on.
    Ken and Shirlee
    Edson Alberta

Hey Custer (Ken and Shirlee) we met you two years ago and played cribbage together. Glad to see you coming back. We are there the 10-16th, so hopefully we'll catch up with you at some point again.

Lori and Chuck

Hi Lori and Chuck.....we remember you. We have now gotten absolutely hooked on Kings Cribbage (played on a grid with tiles). We will definitely try to catch up and maybe you want to try your hand at this...or perhaps you have already played? So excited to be returning.....we were there this past February for 10 days, but that seems soooooo long ago already.

Ken, haven't played that yet, but hopefully you can show us. We haven't been back since last November and it DOES seem like forever. Wish we could go twice a year, but not quite enough vacation time for that yet. But one of these days......Can't wait to catch up with you guys. We are now in double digits

Jen & Craig - Nov 5-12
    Alex & Mandy - Nov ?-14
    Lori & Chuck - Nov 10-16
    Keith & Janice - Nov 10-18
    Shari & Dave (PA) - Nov 11-18
    Jay & Jen - Nov 14-23
    Mark & Sue (Chicago) - Nov. 25 - Dec 2

Shari and I will be there from Nov 11 thru Nov 18. Might there be anyone interested in playing some tennis?

Hey Mark and Sue....we get to Negril 3 days before you and will be leaving on the same day. We should be relaxed by the time you get there.

Art & Bev.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast