Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: December 2011

Melody:

Happy birthday, indeed!!! Go Scorpios!!!

You can just walk up to the TimAir or IAL desks in the Arrivals Hall at MBJ and book last minute. So you still have time to talk Tom into it. Shoot me an email address and I'll send you some pictures from our TimAir Flight from 2009. Maybe that will help...lol. Personally, I plan to book in advance. You run the risk of having to wait for a plane to be fueled up and a flight plan to be filed if you wait until the last minute. To me, that costs me beach time!!!! No thanks. I think we're gonna go the IAL route this time to save a buck or two. So there should be a plane there waiting for ya. Come aboard!!! If we see each other in Baltimore, maybe I can work on talking Tom into the puddle jumper too.

I did post an older pic of us (2006) on page one of this thread. That's also a pic I took of our MBJ approach during our 2009 TimAir Flight.

Hope to see you there.

Joe

(Jenny doesn't post here. She just laughs at me for the amount of time I spend on "Jamaica Message Boards".)
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We did our pre-check in yesterday, yay!!!! I've got C-N-on-the-mind-syndrome. 22 days soon come.

Happy Veteran's Day to all past and current veterans.

Ronda and Doug

Hey Joe!!
    Well you are gonna love my email address - Topaz1458@aol.com.

After I posted last, I did go back to see if you had posted a pic and of course immediately remembered seeing it! So I will certainly be saying "hi" in Baltimore! I just booked a hotel for the night before so that we don't have to get up so early to make our flight from Boston. Gives me another hour to hour and a half of sleep
    Not sure if I can talk Tom into the puddle jumper or not, but maybe the pics will help. I get very motion sick so he was quick to remind me of that too. But it will be nice knowing that you have a flight booked in case I do talk him into it
    Thats funny about Jenny laughing at you about the MB. Tom gets a chuckle about how much time I spend on it too. He will periodically ask me what is new on the message board. Course, he is a diver so I can always get his attention mentioning something about that I got the impression that you have numerous boards? You will have to enlighten me on that as I can't get enough of it and people don't post as often as I would like! Especially as we get closer!! I will go on a few times a day to see what everyone is saying. And I love your quick responses so you must be as addicted as ME
    Can't wait to meet you and have a drink to our birthdays!!
    29 more days!!!
    WOOT WOOT!!

We've made our final payment and received our travel docs. Time to bring up the siutcases, pack, unpack and repack. See you Dec. 16.
    Michelle & Vern

Hi all,

I just noticed that we hadn't checked in on this thread yet. Ken and Brenda from Cedar Falls, Iowa. Dec 2 - 13. 8th trip to CN, we've also been to CSA twice and CSS once. CN is our home, though.

We're meeting our friends Jim and Lynda from Whaley Bridge, England again for the 6th or 7th time. They'll be there from the 1st to the 14th. They've also been to CSA.

Jim's 65th birthday is December 8th, and I need ideas of how to surprise him. We've done the cake thing, the decorated plate thing, the happy birthday on the beach song thing. He HATES surprises. So, okay all you sneaky petes, give me some ideas of something fun for him!

Beergirl

Coming home to see all our friends December 2-10th.

Karen & Skip

Default Beergirl

Hey
    We are flying in on the 2nd as well. We are from Iowa but flying out of KC. When does your plane get in?

Hi kandl,

I notice there are several people from Iowa going to CN the same time! We are flying US Air from Des Moines to Charlotte on Dec 1, staying the night, then from Charlotte to MBJ on the 2nd. Our flight gets in at 10:50 am on the 2nd. This was the cheapest option when we booked, and it breaks up the trip.

I think we'll just see what the TimAir and IntlAirlink guys give us for a walk up price to fly to the resort. Looks like we could either get lucky or have to wait an hour for a flight, depending on how long it takes to get thru Customs/Immigration.

Hi!
    We're also going to Couples, negril Dec 10th to the 17th!
    This is our 2nd visit to Couples....loved CSA and already know we'll love Couples Negril!
    How lucky are we????
    Look for the Scottish Canadians!

Hey Karen, you are leaving the day we get there!
    Guess we can't watch the Pats game together this year!!

Is it too soon to do the Express check in???

25 more days!!!

Hi Debbie and Carolyn! Won't be long now to lizard dancing!!

Hi BeerGirl,
    What about the ice carving? Maybe they can make a 65. Or Even thou you had the singing on the beach do it at night as the house band can sing Happy Birthday and everyone can join in. That will embarrass him! You will have to bring a big button that he has to wear all day with his age on it. Maybe you can bring flower petals ( don't know if Couples has them) and have them write Happy Birthday on his bed when they turn it down.
    See you soon.

Beergirl
    They really messed with those flights out of DM didn't they? But that's an option I didn't think of. We have to drive to KC the night before anyway, might as well spend the night in Charlotte rather than KC (since we live 15 mins from DM airport!!). PLUS you get to the resort HOURS before we do. We are taking Tim Air and it is $400 plus for both ways. Kinda pricey. I don't mind the drive to the resort too much but it is nice to fly and when you get there, you are the only ones checking in.
    Please have a drink for us when you get there as we will just be getting in to Charlotte at 10:30 a.m.
    See you on the beach. We will be the chubby couple stripping out of our street clothes and streaking towards the water
    Laura

Hey Melody! I think the past few years you have been arriving the day we leave. One of these times we might get to be there at the same time. What are your dates for Dec 2012? We are going the 6th-15 in 2012. Very jealous that you get to stay 2 weeks! Someday.....

WOW!!! 52 couples on the list. Soon come, Mon!!! Soon come!!!

Attachment 14713

Joe
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hi Lisa,

Great ideas! I like the flower petals idea - not too embarrassing. Or even spell 65 with towels or something. I thought about balloons, but don't know where I could get helium for them. I'm pretty sure I can't bring one of those tanks on the plane! hee hee

We've got gifts for every day - just little things, like peanut brittle, salt water tafft, and Tootsie Rolls. They don't have them in England! I wonder if I could get everone on the beach to drop by his lounger with a Tootsie Roll and say Happy Birthday. That might be fun...

See you soon,

Beergirl

Hi All,
    We'll see you all real soon now. Leaving home on saturday to travel over to the USA for a week in Florida before heading down on the 26th. Looking forward to seeing some of the same old faces again as well as making some new friends.

Peace
    Kevin and Becky

Hi Joe,

Would you please correct our dates? We'll be there from Dec. 2nd to the 13th, no the 8th. Thanks for doing the spreadsheet - it's great to see where everyone is from.

Beergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Beergirl View Post
    Hi Joe,

Would you please correct our dates? We'll be there from Dec. 2nd to the 13th, no the 8th. Thanks for doing the spreadsheet - it's great to see where everyone is from.

Beergirl
    Didn't you get the email alert? The airline has rescheduled your flights. You have to return on the 8th or pay $150 fee per ticket to reschedule.

Seriously, sorry for the clerical error. I must have seen that it was your 8th trip to CN and had a minor brain malfunction. I'll correct it for the next list posting.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Its kind of funny that the resort is sold out for Dec 25-Jan 2nd but there's hardly anyone on the spreadsheet that is scheduled to be there, just the 3 couples so far......maybe there will be a rush of additions shortly...

[QUOTE=NeedBlueWater;152602]Didn't you get the email alert? The airline has rescheduled your flights. You have to return on the 8th or pay $150 fee per ticket to reschedule.

ha ha ha!! I sure hope not!! I'll pay the fee, I'll pay the fee!!

Quote Originally Posted by kandl View Post
    Beergirl
    They really messed with those flights out of DM didn't they? But that's an option I didn't think of. We have to drive to KC the night before anyway, might as well spend the night in Charlotte rather than KC (since we live 15 mins from DM airport!!). PLUS you get to the resort HOURS before we do.
    Hi Laura,
    Yeah, we decided this was the way to put us on the beach earlier. But, we have to schlep our bags an extra time, as they unload them in Charlotte for the forced overnight. It was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the DSM/Atlanta route, too.

See you on the beach!

Beergirl

Lucky 13 - more days to go till we return to JA. Can't wait to hit the beach an just chill out for 7 glorious days and nights in paradise. It's been 2 years since we've been in Negril and we're looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.
    ... it keepsh me shane

OMG Carolyn called today and said she has 17 days - that means we have 18 until we leave for paradise - lets see: wrapping not done, shopping not done, decorating not done, packing not done and i have Thanksgiving - went and finished my shopping for thanks giving, will go tomorrow and try to finish shopping, clean the house for thanksgiving dinner, reclean after thanksgiving dinner, decorate for Christmas, try to finish wrapping, and pack for vacation - CALGON TALKE ME AWAY - oh, thats right, you are in 18 days

Every one have a Happy Thanksgiving

OMG only 20 days for us. Don't have to worry about Thanksgiving here. The guys are gone hunting and I am working instead of being home alone. Some Christmas shopping done. Not going to decorate much for Christmas this year. Having our Thanksgiving 1st part of December. Gonna try to pack the carryons while the guys are gone hunting. All I can think about is CN. Had a nightmare last night. Dreamed that my husband was taking a bunch of us to the airport with a pilots uniform on (he is not a pilot) and I was in the bus taking with a friend and realized that I forgot my suitcase and carryone and only had along 4 purses. What a nightmare. I don't even bring a purse when I go to Jamaica. Snow this weekend for us. I just hope it isn't snowing the day we have to leave.
    Hope to meet some of you soon.
    Karin (and Jim)

@ Parker, for 2012 we are there 12/8 to 12/23! So we will see you next year for sure! Say "hi" to Skip and have a great time!!
    @Joe, that was pretty funny
    @Debbie....I feel you on all that...I actually don't even get home until Christmas Day, I have to have everything DONE by the time I leave....including have XMAS dinner stocked in the house. I am a little overwhelmed BUT am looking forward to 2 weeks in Paradise, I will overcome!!

I wish everyone had posted pictures so that we could see who everyone was. I know who some of you are, but not all.............we should all wear signs.....LOL

19 days and counting

SOON COME!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast