Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: flirting

Default flirting

This is the first time for my wife and I - in Jamaica - and at a AU beach. We do the optional beach here in town, and have a good time, but kinda keep to ourselves. My questions is - that in my understanding - this is a time for us to reconnect and capture the magic - which we are 100% on board with that, does "flirting" happen with other couples? Not in a Hedo way, but in a respectful fun way? I am wondering what to expect. Thanks

Ya, you are going to have to define "flirting" a lot better than "not in a Hedo way"...

We just returned from CTI yesterday (7/12/17), our third trip to CTI. Spent every day on the AN island (except Monday when we visited CSS AN). We sunbathe pretty much to ourselves, unless sharing a shady spot, and socialize with other couples, but we've never seen flirting between couples unless it's happening in the pool area and we just aren't around for it. It really is just like when you're socializing on a regular beach, except you're naked. And actually, I think there is probably more socializing going on because there is nothing to hide. Hope that helps

In our three trips to Sans Souci, we have never experienced this. As far as I'm aware nothing happens at the AN beach and pool that doesn't happen anywhere else. The only difference is the AN people tend to be friendlier and a bit more outgoing which I think is the part of the personality that made us go there in the first place.
    Or maybe I'm just too fat and ugly to bother with HAHA!

thank you. I was hoping for these types of responses.

Ya I think flirting is Hedo ... even if you're not swinging that is where that sort of thing happens. Couples AN is no place for flirting.

Thanks for asking this question. It is something my wife and I wondered aloud a few nights back. We kind of figured that, when combining nudity, socializing and alcohol, there was likely to be "one in every crowd". I am happy to hear that that has not been the case. We are there to enjoy ourselves, to have lots (and lots) to drink, and to relax. We are not there to fend off unwanted attention. We get enough of that from our kids at home (which is why we need this so badly).

I think you might get more adult oriented jokes or quips. I am not sure that would be classified as flirting. I certainly never took it as that, and I never meant it that way.

I've never seen any flirting at CN, unless I was there at the wrong time. It just doesn't happen.The AN side is the same as the textile side, you meet people in the water/at the bar/walking past and the only difference is that you have nothing on.

Duane & Mary

Actually, different experience for us. When we were there, in May, we made friends with a couple that were overtly flirtatious, and made it clear that they would be interested in "playing." We did not participate, however, please know that this option is definitely there should you be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JRPVV View Post
    ...this option is definitely there should you be interested.
    We'll see where the week takes us. Never say never.

This thread has become a bit odd.

Thank you gatekeeper

Almost "Hedonismistic"

In 8 trips this only happened once.

I was lying down on my stomach trying to get a nap when someone kept "patting" me on the butt

After a couple of pats I had had enough - so i put on my glasses and looked around to see a palm tree branch blowing in the wind just right!

I miss that palm tree!

(In 8 trips, that's the best "flirting" story I've got - no guarantee someone won't "flirt" but a very clear no should take care of the problem as its not the norm)

Quote Originally Posted by twtyson View Post
    This is the first time for my wife and I - in Jamaica - and at a AU beach... I am wondering what to expect. Thanks
    My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Jamaica, and our first time AN in public. We were hesitant at first, but decided that we were going to try it anyway. So glad we did! The Island was our favorite part of the resort. We thought it would be weird to be naked in front of strangers, but nothing could be further from the truth. We met many wonderful couples there who made us feel right at home. I didn't witness any "funny" business, judgmental looks, or distasteful comments. Just a wonderful group of adults who enjoyed socializing with each other. I hope to see the same couples the same time next year! Our favorite part was the games hosted by the bartenders, such as the Newlywed game, Family Feud, Jeopardy, etc. In short, what you can expect is an amazing time!

thank you for all the feedback, from the majority of responses, I am happy that we chose Couples. It sounds amazing a. I had been researching properties for months and so thank you for confirming what we were hoping for. A fun and safe environment for my wife and I.

i can only speak on CSS but we saw no flirting there at all. everyone was very friendly though and were talkative if you were in the pool. there was 2 couples from texas i remember simply because the men gave each others wife a sand massage but they did this all the way over near the tree line. they never approached anyone else during my time there though

Quote Originally Posted by Boston23x View Post
    ...the men gave each others wife a sand massage ...
    Is that code for something I should know? What is a sand massage?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Is that code for something I should know? What is a sand massage?
    its the best way i could describe it. the men were taking wet sand from where the water meets the beach and using it to rub down the women. this was being done from their neck to their toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston23x View Post
    its the best way i could describe it. the men were taking wet sand from where the water meets the beach and using it to rub down the women. this was being done from their neck to their toes.
    What? I have been to SSB and have never seen this, and really don't care to. There is a place for this, and it's Hedo.

wts Guest

never say never we have seen it at couples Negril ,but didn't bother us was great to meat new people,adventurous adults are everywere im sure

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    What? I have been to SSB and have never seen this, and really don't care to. There is a place for this, and it's Hedo.
    yeah no one was very fond of it, the only good thing i can say about it is that they did it all the way over by the tree line. really its just inappropriate anywhere at anytime but at least they took it away from the crowd. also i should note that the 2 couples came together. they didnt show up looking for people all 4 reserved together. other than that i have seen nothing close to flirting

Hello all,
    I have to say the op asked a question that we too have wondered about flirting at the AN beach.
    We have gone to Mexico for the last few years but we are now trying to plan a Jamaica vacation. AN beach has been discussed and we have read many times that it isn't a sexual atmosphere and that it is frowned upon.
    While looking for more information we have joined some Facebook groups and have been surprised with the amount of flirting within the groups that associate with couples resorts. Many backside pics and covered nudes on the beach with comments like "hey I know that bum!" Or "let's see the front!" And so on.
    My wife and I would be very uncomfortable with that kind of behavior and I know we would be heading over to the textile beach asap.
    So be painfully honest, as the drinks flow does the behavior flow with it?

Default question

Quote Originally Posted by twtyson View Post
    This is the first time for my wife and I - in Jamaica - and at a AU beach. We do the optional beach here in town, and have a good time, but kinda keep to ourselves. My questions is - that in my understanding - this is a time for us to reconnect and capture the magic - which we are 100% on board with that, does "flirting" happen with other couples? Not in a Hedo way, but in a respectful fun way? I am wondering what to expect. Thanks
    My wife and I were wondering the same thing, thank you for asking this question.
    We have spent the last few years going to Mexico and we are now planning for a Jamaica vacation. We have been reading this and other forums trying to get as much information that we can on where to stay, what resort and the AN experience. In our attempts to learn as much as possible we joined groups on FB that are couples resort specific. I was taken back by the amount of "flirting" that goes on in these groups. Knowing that almost everything we read said that the AN beach is not a sexual atmosphere and is frowned upon.
    In these groups, pictures of peoples backsides are posted and other clever ways of taking a picture of a nude person without revealing too much. The comments that follow are surprising. Examples: a picture of the back of a woman's nude in her shower with the number of days remaining until her trip written on her rear, comments are "I know that bum!" or " Hey, lets see the front!" etc... There are many such comments and pictures on that group and I find them to be very flirty in nature.
    My question to those who are veterans of AN beaches and specifically couples resorts, is this. As the drinks flow, does the behavior flow with it? Be painfully honest in your reply. I'm not asking you to scare off newbies to the AN experience but if my wife gets talked to like that, she will pack up and leave in a second.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast