Default Locked until 8am?

I read a review on TA that stated "the beach now has a 6' fence around it, locked, and does not open until 8", and later in the thread it mentioned being closed by 3pm for weddings. So I can only assume they were talking about SSB? Does anyone know if this is true, and is this the end for late night swims at SSB?

Quote Originally Posted by Shyguy88 View Post
    I read a review on TA that stated "the beach now has a 6' fence around it, locked, and does not open until 8", and later in the thread it mentioned being closed by 3pm for weddings. So I can only assume they were talking about SSB? Does anyone know if this is true, and is this the end for late night swims at SSB?
    If you look at the Couples FAQs website section it does state SSB hours starting at 9 a.m. and close early when there is a wedding - just saying ... the info is there. Not a problem to me as it will probably take us that long to get breakfast and walk from my room in the cliffs. Im looking forward to this a/n vacation within our budget.

I think that I read it was not locked until 6am or 7am, so late night swims should be fine, but just early morning runs to save chairs.

We were there in November when they first started closing the gate.

Yes - it's true - they close it some time late in the middle of the night as it was always open any other time we wanted to go so late night swims should be ok.

Opens at 8:00 sharp.

There's good/bad things about it depending on your viewpoint.

1> No-one can go in the middle of the night to reserve chairs as they will remove any leftover stuff
    2> There's usually a small line now of people waiting to go in.
    3> Many people run down to drop their stuff off at 8:00 and then they go eat breakfast
    3> Thus, Pallazina has an 8:05 rush now

I can understand why they wanted to make the change as this gives them the ability to clean and set up before the crowds arrive.

I just would like it to open at 7:00 (or even better - sunrise) instead of 8:00 - but that's just because I'm an early riser.

Closing for a wedding has always been a possibility - fortunately it's only happened once in all of our stays so usually not a problem...

I think the new gate policy is BS. There are other ways to restrict saving loungers without penalizing everyone. I have been on the beach when they are cleaning up and unless there is a storm the night before, there is not a lot of clean up that happens.