Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Agreed Murtle - The more it changes, the more it’s the same thing

All I have to say is there needs to be a thread like this for first timers. We have been here only 36 hours but already best vacation ever for US. Late 50's never been out of the states. Never been to a ai resort never anywhere with au natural facility, but all our worries and anxieties were for nothing. We went to SSB first day. We are far from models, found chairs in the shade. I went for drinks. No big deal. When it was time for the restroom we went together. No big deal. We got in the pool. No big deal. What was a BIG deal is lots of folks just like us some bigger some littlier some with tats some not, some with unique "bling" that actually I found very interesting and some not. I think you get where this is going, met some very nice people, heading back first thing this morning,,,we want to find chairs CLOSER to the pool,,, because that's where all of the new great people we met yesterday are going to be. It was commented that some people don't use this site but instead use Facebook but I for one am grateful for this site because I don't use Facebook but I might have to learn,,,just so I can stay in touch with a few folks WHEN WE COME BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail58 View Post
    All I have to say is there needs to be a thread like this for first timers. We have been here only 36 hours but already best vacation ever for US. Late 50's never been out of the states. Never been to a ai resort never anywhere with au natural facility, but all our worries and anxieties were for nothing. We went to SSB first day. We are far from models, found chairs in the shade. I went for drinks. No big deal. When it was time for the restroom we went together. No big deal. We got in the pool. No big deal. What was a BIG deal is lots of folks just like us some bigger some littlier some with tats some not, some with unique "bling" that actually I found very interesting and some not. I think you get where this is going, met some very nice people, heading back first thing this morning,,,we want to find chairs CLOSER to the pool,,, because that's where all of the new great people we met yesterday are going to be. It was commented that some people don't use this site but instead use Facebook but I for one am grateful for this site because I don't use Facebook but I might have to learn,,,just so I can stay in touch with a few folks WHEN WE COME BACK.
    Love it. !

Once you go, you know.

Rock on!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dadofsprout5 View Post
    love it. !

Once you go, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail58 View Post
    Gail58, this IS a thread for newbies. It is exactly why I started it back in 2010. It's there to help newbies find find the comfort that we all need for that first-time foray into getting our kit off in public. It ain't so bad eh?!

We went to CN in May of 2015 for a week. We had previously been to a resort in the DR that allowed that allowed topless sunbathing by one of the pools, and, while a little intimidated, my wife tried it a few days into the trip, loved the freedom, and wound up going topless for the rest of the trip.

Wanting to try Jamaica, we thought we would give CN a shot since we knew topless sunbathing was permitted on the beach. As we discussed/planned the trip, my wife was adamant that she would not go to the AN side. In her mind, her bottoms were staying on! Excited about getting away without the kids, we landed in Montego Bay and rode over on the shuttle with a great couple from Miami who were there for the AN side of things. They invited us to come over, but, we were still a little unsure of the situation, so we thanked them and said "maybe."

After the first day in the sun, my wife got on a floatie topless and noticed that there was only a couple of other females doing the same. We were close to the hedge and could see the AN couples going back and forth to the water. I noticed that she kept staring over that way, and, on Day 2 she surprised me by saying "Well, maybe we could go meet our new friends over there?" After fortifying ourselves with some liquid courage, we headed on over, bathrobes securely in place and found some chairs in the back by the bars. Taking a deep breath, we dropped the robes AND...nothing! No one looked at us, no one pointed, the world kept spinning on its axis. Well, it was hot, so we decided to grab floaties and head to the ocean. Remarkably, more of the same! People smiled and said "hello," but, that was about it. We got in the water laughing and loving the feel of being free and almost in our own world. We met a ton of great people whom we hung out with at dinner and for drinks after we headed back over to the main part of the resort.

To make a long story short, we spent part of every day there for the rest of the week. By the end of the week, we were making even more friends, sitting at the bar and chatting with others and the bartenders, and completely in tune with the AN side. So, when we planned for vacay this year, we started with the idea of AN as a pre-requisite and wound up choosing CSS/SSB where we will be from June 17-24. We loved the idea of a pool and a few more creature comforts on the AN side since that is where we will be spending most of our time. We absolutely cannot wait to be back AN, meeting new friends, and enjoying it together.

Moral of the story - just like EVERYONE says, I promise you, no matter what your body shape, level of fitness, age, experience level, etc. may be, once you do it, you will wonder "Why did it take us so long???"

Once you go, you REALLY do know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurdoc11 View Post
    "...So, when we planned for vacay this year, we started with the idea of AN as a pre-requisite and wound up choosing CSS/SSB where we will be from June 17-24. We loved the idea of a pool and a few more creature comforts on the AN side since that is where we will be spending most of our time. We absolutely cannot wait to be back AN, meeting new friends, and enjoying it together."
    Good story, Jurdoc11.

Come back here after your June vacation at CSS and tell us all about that A/N experience.

We were at CTI in 2014 and did the Trading Places day at the A/N section of CSS. It was one of the highlights of our vacation.

We recently returned from a week long trip to CSA which we visited 10 years ago during our honeymoon. While we always consider CSA home, we decided early in the planning that we would take advantage of the 'trading places' and make a trip to CN to try the A/N experience. As a first timer to the A/N thing I thought I would provide a very long winded account of our experience.

Although we enjoy spending in the buff at home, we have never been to a clothing optional let alone fully nude beach before. The weeks leading up to this trip were met with much anticipation and nervousness. We spent many hours reading through this forum to know exactly what to expect. I (husband) was fully onboard with trying this, however the wife was a bit apprehensive. She is definitely not a prude and enjoys being nude at home, she had fears of it being a 'hedo' like experience or that others would be taking photos and placing them on facebook. She also asked why we didn't do this 10 years ago pre-baby body, to wit I responded 'do you want to wait another 10 years?" Life is about the adventure and experiences, and we are both glad we had this one.

When we arrived at the Couples airport lounge in MoBay we ran into a couple who were headed to CSS to meet up with friends they met during a previous visit to CN, specifically on the A/N beach. This couple said the people they met at the A/N side were the most fun and sincere people they have ever met. My wife and I smiled and said we hope we have the same experience. We arrived we spent the first day at CSA, but following the advice of this forum made sure we hit CN on day 2, just incase we enjoyed it.

On day 2 we hopped aboard the CSA to CN shuttle. When we arrived we did a quick tour of the resort then made a bee-line to the A/N section and found 2 loungers near the back, furthest from the foot traffic of the beach. There were about 8-10 people there, all much older than us. My wife and I looked at each other and said "Well lets do this". We disrobed and low and behold, the Earth kept turning. I did experience a natural male response, I think brought on by the months build up to this and seeing my beautiful wife nude beside me. I discretely laid on my stomach until things got better.

After about 15 minutes or I ask my wife if she needs a drink which was met with a quick "YES!". I stand up and start walking to the bar only to discover she wasn't going anywhere and it was me walking to the bar. So here I stand, completely free of clothes walking along a beach to the bar. It was scary, yet liberating. I kept reminding myself to enjoy this for I may visit a nude beach again, but this will always be my first experience. A few drinks later my wife suggests we head to the water. By now the alcohol has calmed whatever nerves either of us had. Following the advice of this form, we used the chair floats as a visual barrier as we made the walk from the seclusion of the A/N area to the water.

We floated around in the water for 30 minutes or so virtually alone. Then a large group of people from the A/N side decided to join us in the water, each time they drifted closer we drifted away. I asked my wife why? She said she didn't want to talk to others which is strange considering she's very outgoing and is often the first to start a conversation however you could tell she was still nervous. It was about this time something marvelous happened. A Brit named David came over directly to us and started a conversation, the rest of the day became a blur. Never before have we met a bunch of welcoming, good souled, heartwarming, friendly people before. David and his recently wed wife Julie were the life of the party. We shared so many laughs.

The rest of the A/N crew told us about the in appropriate behavior witnessed (and detailed in another forum post) and Julie's response to it (I'm no prude and enjoy being nude, but nobody wants to see you being lewd!). We also successfully convinced somone's sister after 8 visits to CN to finally join us in the A/N area.

Our day pass to CN A/N area was a highlight of our trip. We throughly enjoyed talking with everyone we met on that beach. From the New Jersey couple who's accents were so much fun to the couple from Dallas who's wife was such a sweetheart and husband's dead panned humor made me cry laughing. Although we were at least 20 years younger than the rest of you, you left an indelible impression upon us. We will be planning many more vacations to Couples and will be certain to include more time at the A/N section. We wish we had more time than just that single day pass and were sad to leave. We exchanged contact information with David and Julie and hope to reconnect soon.

Quote Originally Posted by el0 View Post
    We recently returned from a week long trip to CSA which we visited 10 years ago during our honeymoon. While we always consider CSA home, we decided early in the planning that we would take advantage of the 'trading places' and make a trip to CN to try the A/N experience. As a first timer to the A/N thing I thought I would provide a very long winded account of our experience.

Although we enjoy spending in the buff at home, we have never been to a clothing optional let alone fully nude beach before. The weeks leading up to this trip were met with much anticipation and nervousness. We spent many hours reading through this forum to know exactly what to expect. I (husband) was fully onboard with trying this, however the wife was a bit apprehensive. She is definitely not a prude and enjoys being nude at home, she had fears of it being a 'hedo' like experience or that others would be taking photos and placing them on facebook. She also asked why we didn't do this 10 years ago pre-baby body, to wit I responded 'do you want to wait another 10 years?" Life is about the adventure and experiences, and we are both glad we had this one.

When we arrived at the Couples airport lounge in MoBay we ran into a couple who were headed to CSS to meet up with friends they met during a previous visit to CN, specifically on the A/N beach. This couple said the people they met at the A/N side were the most fun and sincere people they have ever met. My wife and I smiled and said we hope we have the same experience. We arrived we spent the first day at CSA, but following the advice of this forum made sure we hit CN on day 2, just incase we enjoyed it.

On day 2 we hopped aboard the CSA to CN shuttle. When we arrived we did a quick tour of the resort then made a bee-line to the A/N section and found 2 loungers near the back, furthest from the foot traffic of the beach. There were about 8-10 people there, all much older than us. My wife and I looked at each other and said "Well lets do this". We disrobed and low and behold, the Earth kept turning. I did experience a natural male response, I think brought on by the months build up to this and seeing my beautiful wife nude beside me. I discretely laid on my stomach until things got better.

After about 15 minutes or I ask my wife if she needs a drink which was met with a quick "YES!". I stand up and start walking to the bar only to discover she wasn't going anywhere and it was me walking to the bar. So here I stand, completely free of clothes walking along a beach to the bar. It was scary, yet liberating. I kept reminding myself to enjoy this for I may visit a nude beach again, but this will always be my first experience. A few drinks later my wife suggests we head to the water. By now the alcohol has calmed whatever nerves either of us had. Following the advice of this form, we used the chair floats as a visual barrier as we made the walk from the seclusion of the A/N area to the water.

We floated around in the water for 30 minutes or so virtually alone. Then a large group of people from the A/N side decided to join us in the water, each time they drifted closer we drifted away. I asked my wife why? She said she didn't want to talk to others which is strange considering she's very outgoing and is often the first to start a conversation however you could tell she was still nervous. It was about this time something marvelous happened. A Brit named David came over directly to us and started a conversation, the rest of the day became a blur. Never before have we met a bunch of welcoming, good souled, heartwarming, friendly people before. David and his recently wed wife Julie were the life of the party. We shared so many laughs.

The rest of the A/N crew told us about the in appropriate behavior witnessed (and detailed in another forum post) and Julie's response to it (I'm no prude and enjoy being nude, but nobody wants to see you being lewd!). We also successfully convinced somone's sister after 8 visits to CN to finally join us in the A/N area.

Our day pass to CN A/N area was a highlight of our trip. We throughly enjoyed talking with everyone we met on that beach. From the New Jersey couple who's accents were so much fun to the couple from Dallas who's wife was such a sweetheart and husband's dead panned humor made me cry laughing. Although we were at least 20 years younger than the rest of you, you left an indelible impression upon us. We will be planning many more vacations to Couples and will be certain to include more time at the A/N section. We wish we had more time than just that single day pass and were sad to leave. We exchanged contact information with David and Julie and hope to reconnect soon.
    Great writeup. Next trip hit CSS/SSB...you'll spend everyday there.

July2-8 we will be doing just that!

I'm wondering if the Jersey couple is Frank and Adele. We met them last year and are such nice people. Glad y'all had a great time. We are going back in 29 days. Can't wait!! Like you said, the AN side is extremely welcoming and fun. I remember last year late in the afternoon there were 10-12 of us floating in the ocean w/ our floats all in a circle having a great conversation. We looked up the beach and saw no other folks talking in a group like ours. Welcome to the AN brother/sisterhood!

Quote Originally Posted by el0 View Post

My wife and I just returned from CSS and we had a great time. The entire resort was exactly as advertised. We went to celebrate my 50th birthday, and the AN aspect of CSS was a big part of my decision to choose CSS. Our room (E-10) had a fantastic view and we were able to be nude all the time on our balcony. I am new to social nudity and am embracing it enthusiastically. My wife, however, not so much. She likes being AN just the two of us, but being with others was something she wasn't really interested in (yet .

After reading extensively on this forum I decided that even if she didn't really warm up to the idea there were enough opportunities to make our stay satisfying for both of us. Despite the "no singles on SSB" policy (which, by the way, seems to exist only on the Resort's FAQ page, and on this forum) I spent time over there while my wife took advantage of the physical fitness and arts & crafts activities. I mostly kept to myself at the far end of the beach sunbathing, reading, and having a dip in the ocean to cool off. When appropriate I struck up conversations with others and it was "no problem, mon". At 5:00 SSB becomes clothing optional, so we would head over there every day to watch the sunset, she in her bikini and me nude. Again, we sat off to the right out of the way of clothed folks who come over to take pictures. By 5:30 or so the pool is empty and most, but not all, of the folks on the beach have covered up. I felt perfectly comfortable remaining AN until the sunset.

I guess the point I'm trying to illustrate is that there really aren't "rules police" roaming SSB making sure the letter of the law is being followed. As long as one is respectful of others there truly is "no problem". Generally couples on the beach keep to themselves and all are respectful of everyone else's personal space and "privacy". No one will walk right in front of your lounger, but in fact will take a route to avoid getting too close to others. The pool area is entirely different, very social and interactive. There were activities there run by the social directors as well as volleyball from time to time. Some covered up with a towel at mealtime or to go the the restrooms.

All in all, we had a great time, and we will be back. Soon.

The previous post is why my wife and I will never do AN again. Rules do count and they are there for a reason.

Music guy, maybe it was an unusual time when your were at CSS SSB by yourself, but the rules are normally enforced and for good reasons. We have been to CSS several times and the people are very friendly and enjoy being there as couples, interacting both on the beach and in the pool areas. If a single male or women is there for long periods as a single other guest will report them. No one should get the idea that it is going to be okay to go to SSB as a single it is a couples resort.

Musicguy we also were there when you were ,we noticed you were a single not a couple but did't say anything to security because we expected your wife to join you at any time .When she came to get you for lunch one day she didn't look happy and you both left no problem Mon all good.But don't go posting breaking the rules is OK we watched security send a way another single beach user that came across the river just down from you. Respect please!

Default Sunnyirishman said it well

[QUOTE=Sunnyirishman13;279146]Music guy, maybe it was an unusual time when your were at CSS SSB by yourself, but the rules are normally enforced and for good reasons. We have been to CSS several times and the people are very friendly and enjoy being there as couples, interacting both on the beach and in the pool areas. If a single male or women is there for long periods as a single other guest will report them. No one should get the idea that it is going to be okay to go to SSB as a single it is a couples resort.[/QUOTE]

Here's what I can't understand: music guy spends thousands of dollars on a couples vacation and end up alone on a nude beach? My beautiful wife is my motivation to spend time on that side. To be near her in that setting with nothing but our drinks and smiles is why I go. Yes we enjoy socializing with other couples occasionally but it's about US. I just don't see the point in a single wanting to spend time alone there.
    GoBroncos

Musicguy,
    There really are "rules police" and they are there for a reason....I believe the "rules" are clearly posted as you enter SSB. Coming on the board to brag that you broke the rules is in very poor taste. You make sure to mention "respectful" several times in your review, but YOU did NOT show respect....not for the resort, the security and the other beach visitors. Look at Joesue2016's post....you were clearly noticed and made others uncomfortable. And then to brag about it?? People like you are the reason that the "rules police" even need to exist. Maybe you did not understand the concept of a "Couples Resort"?
    Last edited by JEANNEW; June 16th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Well said JEANNEW.

I like the comment in Joesue2016's post "When she came to get you for lunch one day she didn't look happy". I would expect she wouldn't be happy. As has been said, spend thousands of $$ to go to a "couples" resort and then spend time separate? To each theirown but we go to spend time together. Time alone is the exception not the norm.
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; June 17th, 2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Default Brass

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    Well said JEANNEW.

I like the comment in Joesue2016's post "When she came to get you for lunch one day she didn't look happy". I would expect she wouldn't be happy. As has been said, spend thousands of $$ to go to a "couples" resort and then spend time separate? To each there own but we go to spend time together. Time alone is the exception not the norm.
    Wow. You folks have a lot of brass. How a couple spends their time on vacation is none of your business. We have been happily married for 24 years, and don't need relationship advice from a message board, thank you very much. I suppose at Couples it's not ok for husbands to golf without their wife? or the wife to go diving without the husband? Please.

Joesue2016: I would hope that security would take notice of someone who came onto SSB from across the river. If he came from over there he was likely not a guest at Couples and had no business on SSB.

JEANNEW: Actually, there was nothing in Joesue2016's post that said they were "uncomfortable". You took liberty to add that. Also, the "rules" that are posted don't actually say anything about singles, just that it's not c/o. There is also no mention of that in the resort guide in all the rooms. And before booking our vacation I called the resort and talked to someone about this. The answer was "It's your vacation. No problem"

If the presence of a single male is truly that bothersome to you I would suggest that perhaps you're not really cut out for nude recreation. Are you really that concerned about who sees you naked? Does there have to be absolute male/female parity for you to be comfortable? If so, that sounds like a YOU problem. I had several long, enjoyable conversations with a few different couples and they couldn't have been nicer. Thankfully, those of you who have anointed yourselves the keepers of SSB were not among them.

Musicguy - Please re-read my post. I did not tell you how to spend your vacation in fact I said "To each there (sic) own". Sorry for my misspelling, I've corrected it now in the post above.

Regarding the rules - I draw your attention to the following comment: "Further, our au naturel facilities are for couples only. No solo visitors please - regardless..." that resides in the first post on the au natural section of the message board. Here is a link if that helps http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...les-of-conduct This is a post from the resort management. I don't know who told you it was ok but they were not speaking for management.

Also per the FAQ -
    Is there an Au Naturel beach?
    Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci and Couples Negril resorts have waterfront areas designated for 'au naturel' sunbathing. It is intended that these designated areas are for couples only, ie. not to be used by individual guests whose partner is unwilling or unable to participate. (emphasis added)

Couples Tower Isle's private 'au naturel' island, featuring a pool with swim-up bar, is open for nude sunbathing from 9am to 5pm daily, weather permitting. The Island will close at 4pm on days when an “Island Wedding” has been confirmed. Transport by small boat to the 'au naturel' island is provided.

Couples Sans Souci has a small bay, called Sunset Beach, dedicated to 'au naturel sunbathing'. There is a pool, Jacuzzi, bar and grill. Sunset Beach is opened for nude sunbathing from 9am - 5pm September to March and 9am - 5:30pm April to August. Sunset Beach opens to all non au naturel guests at 6pm. Sunset Beach will be closed at 3pm on days when a "Sunset wedding" in scheduled.

Couples Negril, has a small semi-private beach area designated for au naturel sunbathing is located just off the main beach.

'Au naturel' sunbathing is NOT permitted at Couples Swept Away.
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; June 17th, 2016 at 08:59 PM.

Interesting comment about calling the resort as the rule about singles is clearly stated in the #1 sticky at the top of the thread.....

Couples Resorts
    For those who do not respect just a few rules of conduct...
    Greetings to all:

It has been recently reported that there was some inappropriate Public Displays of Affection in the pool or jacuzzi at Couples Sans Souci's Sunset Beach.

I am compelled to reiterate that none of our resorts will tolerate overt sexual activity in public by any guests.

If you are one of the offending couples reading this post. Please do not come back to Couples Resorts. You are not welcome.

If you are yet to arrive and intend to "do your thing" in public, please be advised that -if caught - you may be asked to pack your bags immediately and be escorted off property without compensation.

Further, our au naturel facilities are for couples only. No solo visitors please - regardless...

I hope this is stated clearly enough. :-(

Couples Resorts

Doesn't get much clearer that that!

And from the FAQ page-Is there an Au Naturel beach?
    Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci and Couples Negril resorts have waterfront areas designated for 'au naturel' sunbathing. It is intended that these designated areas are for couples only, ie. not to be used by individual guests whose partner is unwilling or unable to participate.

I also took an opportunity to read back through your posts.....on 3/4/16 YOU wrote "I understand the "no singles" philosophy, and wouldn't want to break any rules or make anyone uncomfortable."
    Last edited by JEANNEW; June 17th, 2016 at 03:21 PM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

The very first subject in this Au Natural section refers to "Rules of Conduct", the very first post by management states that the Au Natural areas are for couples only. Musicguy, if you called management asking if it was ok to go single, and were told yes, then management have dropped the ball by creating an inconsistent message, have not communicated a significant change in policy.

Michelle, Island Girl (love that name), can you please repost the current policy re: singles at the AN facilities, the post I referred to above is from 2012. It seems that this is a very important point that requires clarity.

Mrs Piperman and myself will be naked in October regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    The very first subject in this Au Natural section refers to "Rules of Conduct", the very first post by management states that the Au Natural areas are for couples only. Musicguy, if you called management asking if it was ok to go single, and were told yes, then management have dropped the ball by creating an inconsistent message, have not communicated a significant change in policy.

Michelle, Island Girl (love that name), can you please repost the current policy re: singles at the AN facilities, the post I referred to above is from 2012. It seems that this is a very important point that requires clarity.

Mrs Piperman and myself will be naked in October regardless!

We will be there too! BOTH of us and BOTH of us will be nekkid!!! Hoping there are some floaty races during that time!!!!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    We will be there too! BOTH of us and BOTH of us will be nekkid!!! Hoping there are some floaty races during that time!!!!!
    Gotta be honest, I'm pretty good on those floaties!

Default Piperman At CTI In October

Posted originally by Piperman:

[QUOTE=Mrs Piperman and myself will be naked in October regardless![/QUOTE]

When will you be there in October?
    Last edited by clydealp; June 20th, 2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: To address 'Piperman'.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast