Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

We finally did it and went to SSB this trip in the day light!!!! Husband and I are both in our early 40's, he's a bit over weight and I am a lot over weight (working on it for health reasons, so my body is starting to have some sag. Surgery will be needed when I loss more weight). My wonderful husband was the one who really didn't want to go, I on the other hand would be naked all the time if could. On our last trip we went over to SSB at night and did a little chucky dunking. Husband was fine with that, so this trip after much begging he agreed to go over in the morning before breakfast when less people are there. We went, got a palapa all by ourselves, disrobed, and sat. I suggested we go in the ocean were we met a nice couple in the freezing ocean. I loved it would of spent all day there. My husband on the other hand is not quite hooked and I couldn't get him to go back after we left for breakfast. I will say that once he took off his clothes and realized no one cared or was even looking in our direction he was more comfortable. I'm hoping on our next trip I'll get him to go up by the pool, baby steps, baby steps.
    Last edited by redinthehead; June 27th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

We spent 10 days at CSS/CTI split stay 2 weeks ago. We had discussed "trying" au naturel, which we had never done before. We read this forum religiously this past year, taking in everyone's stories of their experiences. Like everyone else, we were very nervous at the thought of taking our clothes off and being naked in front of strangers. Our first 4 days were spent at CSS. We went to SSB on the evening we got there to scope things out and see where we wanted to set up camp on the next day. The next morning, we ate breakfast, then began the task of putting sunscreen on EVERY nook and crannie of our bodies. Can't be too careful with this! Then we started what seemed like the longest walk over to SSB, to locate the furthest palapa from EVERYTHING! Once there, we looked at each other and said "We're crazy, let's do this". Off came the suits, and we were left standing there in our birthday suits. We both looked around, no one even noticed us. Whew. We laid there for awhile, and then we decided we DEFINITELY needed alcohol, lol. So we both got up and made our way to the bar, which seemed like miles away. Once there, we ordered our drinks, and looked around at everyone else enjoying the pool and each other's company. This wasn't so bad after all. We got our drinks, and decided we'd sit at one of the tables in the pool. Eventually, we had to exit the pool to use the restroom. Again, no big deal, nobody cared or stared. We eventually struck up conversations with several couples, who probably felt like we did. Everyone was incredibly friendly, non judgmental, and fun. We eventually even played pool volleyball, which was a blast. To make a long story short, we never stepped foot in another pool or the textile beach for the remainder of our time at CSS.
    After 4 days at CSS, we transferred to CTI. We were looking forward to the island, but for us, it did not live up to expectations, nor did it compare to SSB in our opinion. We realize everyone has their own opinions, this is just ours. The island was nice, although really small and VERY windy. The pool was nice, but very small in comparison to SSB. We stayed the day, but decided we wanted to go back to SSB. So, for the remaining days, every morning after breakfast, we took a cab (one day Trading Places) back to CSS and SSB, to spend the days with all of the new friends we had met. We are now planning our return trip next June back to CSS/SSB.
    This is our FAVORITE pic from SSB...our clothes hanging under our palapa!
    Name:  IMG_0557R.jpg
Views: 6337
Size:  42.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    We finally did it and went to SSB this trip in the day light!!!! Husband and I are both in our early 40's, he's a bit over weight and I am a lot over weight (working on it for health reasons, so my body is starting to have some sag. Surgery will be needed when I loss more weight). My wonderful husband was the one who really didn't want to go, I on the other hand would be naked all the time if could. On our last trip we went over to SSB at night and did a little chucky dunking. Husband was fine with that, so this trip after much begging he agreed to go over in the morning before breakfast when less people are there. We went, got a palapa all by ourselves, disrobed, and sat. I suggested we go in the ocean were we met a nice couple in the freezing ocean. I loved it would of spent all day there. My husband on the other hand is not quite hooked and I couldn't get him to go back after we left for breakfast. I will say that once he took off his clothes and realized no one cared or was even looking in our direction he was more comfortable. I'm hoping on our next trip I'll get him to go up by the pool, baby steps, baby steps.
    Hi redinthehead, I remember you from a while back on the MB. I'm glad to see you have finally broken ground in your quest to have him at least to try the AN thing. You are one patient gal. Best of luck to you.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

Over a month and a half since anyone wrote up on this thread as to how wonderful, or uncomfortable, their first experience of AN was. Can't believe that there are no converts out there. Where have you all gone?! Maybe naked in the back yard, or 'Garden' to us Brits, in order to practice for the next trip to Couples? Let us know how you got on newbies!

Headed back for sophomore year at SSB in 45 days.
    Newbie no longer. Even checked out Gunnison Beach on NJ shore! Clothing Optional a short ferry ride from downtown Manhattan, so pretty diverse crowd... to say the least.

Being from the garden state, we frequent Gunnison. Yes a diverse crowd indeed... we stay to the right!

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Over a month and a half since anyone wrote up on this thread as to how wonderful, or uncomfortable, their first experience of AN was. Can't believe that there are no converts out there. Where have you all gone?! Maybe naked in the back yard, or 'Garden' to us Brits, in order to practice for the next trip to Couples? Let us know how you got on newbies!
    I sat on the edge and got neked - hubby fully clothed beside me. It was legal as we were in the public walk way. Strange as it may sound - I did not care - the feeling of being AN with the gentle ocean breezes on every nook and cranny was just such an amazing feeling.

The next day we were both AN - no worries mon! Nobody cares what your junk looks like - it's about how "you feel" that makes or breaks the experience.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Well stated Murtle. It'd be great to hear from all of these folks who originally posted "Is this right for me?" I've posted on several threads about our first time this past year, and it's definitely not going to be our last. Best. Vacation. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MJandCS View Post
    Headed back for sophomore year at SSB in 45 days.
    Newbie no longer. Even checked out Gunnison Beach on NJ shore! Clothing Optional a short ferry ride from downtown Manhattan, so pretty diverse crowd... to say the least.
    Been there twice and both times it was overcast and misty. Maybe 25 people at most. Very disappointing. I am hoping one of these years a trip to NYC will correspond to a nice day at Gunnison but I am not holding my breath. It was a nice ferry ride from Manhattan though.

Ok - my turn to post. We went to SSB on the last day of our trip in January 2015. It wasn't so bad. When we returned this October, we strayed over to SSB the first day, and then stayed at SSB for the rest of the week. We both felt so at ease. I did admire someone's "Booby Bling" and will find some for myself next year. I whined every time I had to put my swimsuit back on. We saw several couples that we had met previous years, so it was a blast to be on "that side" with them. We played volleyball, participated in poolside games, made crafts - just had a crazy good time. We met so many wonderful, funny and intelligent people and have already booked for next year. We will be spending our time at SSB again and are full converts (it took 4 visits). We did have one person that made us uncomfortable, but he was that way everywhere on the resort. My husband just kept me extra close and did a lot of extra smooching, hugging, and hand holding - I didn't mind in the least!

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    Ok - my turn to post. We went to SSB on the last day of our trip in January 2015. It wasn't so bad. When we returned this October, we strayed over to SSB the first day, and then stayed at SSB for the rest of the week. We both felt so at ease. I did admire someone's "Booby Bling" and will find some for myself next year. I whined every time I had to put my swimsuit back on. We saw several couples that we had met previous years, so it was a blast to be on "that side" with them. We played volleyball, participated in poolside games, made crafts - just had a crazy good time. We met so many wonderful, funny and intelligent people and have already booked for next year. We will be spending our time at SSB again and are full converts (it took 4 visits). We did have one person that made us uncomfortable, but he was that way everywhere on the resort. My husband just kept me extra close and did a lot of extra smooching, hugging, and hand holding - I didn't mind in the least!
    Glad you came over to the 'dark side' LOL We'll be back Oct '16, same time

Joe & Michelle

We can't wait - 332 days!

We have just booked for Jan 6-20/2016...after a tough year coping with the loss of close friends(2) and family(3), NOTHING could be better for us than 2 weeks of R&R at SSB. There are many things that attract us to CSS but the fact that SSB is there simply makes it almost impossible for us to consider another vacation spot.

Four years ago was our first experience with AN, and we have booked every year since. It just wouldn't be a vacation if we are stuck wearing clothes all day...the other 50 weeks of the year are for that (except for when we are all alone on our sailboat).

Dan & Jill
    Last edited by Gatekeeper; December 3rd, 2015 at 07:18 AM.

Very sorry about your losses. Wow... I can't imagine the grief you must be going through. I'm glad you have a happy place to fall back on to help in the healing. You REALLY deserve a vacation.

I agree, shedding the suits makes your vacation so much better. It just wouldn't be the same confined to the textile side. I don't know about you but when we get settled in at our favorite place, Tower Isle, the peaceful state of mind it puts us in is what we look forward to every trip. It's like an addiction, we can't wait to get back.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

doncindy

Thanks...for awhile there it I was afraid to answer the phone.

Honestly there is something about the people and atmosphere at SSB which is healing. I don't know if people get friendlier when they are naked or if people who are friendly gravitate toward the AN experience...but it doesn't really matter, we love our days at SSB. We have met such nice people there and can't wait until January.

I often wonder would I go to CSS if the AN side did not exist...we might, but we would also explore what our properties offer. With CSS giving us this small piece of heaven, we don't even look into going elsewhere, why would we??

Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    Very sorry about your losses. Wow... I can't imagine the grief you must be going through. I'm glad you have a happy place to fall back on to help in the healing. You REALLY deserve a vacation.

I agree, shedding the suits makes your vacation so much better. It just wouldn't be the same confined to the textile side. I don't know about you but when we get settled in at our favorite place, Tower Isle, the peaceful state of mind it puts us in is what we look forward to every trip. It's like an addiction, we can't wait to get back.
    Agreed! We have two types of vacations. One is with family and/or kids and the other is adult; just the two of us or with close friends. When it is adult, it almost always includes nude pool or beach. We have our own pool and hot tub (AN whenever we can of course) which gets us through the summer months. But it's the dead-of-winter time when we have to get away! Once you shed the swimsuits, its hard to do it any other way!

BobandJoelie,

We are the same way with vacations. Although we don't have a pool or hot tub, we go to a nude resort in the Poconos. Other friends of ours are starting to embrace the AN lifestyle. We are heading to CN in 44 days with our daughters in-laws. Should prove interesting. Not sure if they are AN or not. Anyway.....we're from Lebanon, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    BobandJoelie,

We are the same way with vacations. Although we don't have a pool or hot tub, we go to a nude resort in the Poconos. Other friends of ours are starting to embrace the AN lifestyle. We are heading to CN in 44 days with our daughters in-laws. Should prove interesting. Not sure if they are AN or not. Anyway.....we're from Lebanon, PA.
    Wow! You guys are very close. Please feel free to add us as Friends on here.

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    BobandJoelie,

We will be back in May 6th time to CN After first trip we tried it on last day for the first time , Now that is where we spend our vacation
    Love the Au Natural Back in NJ we now go to Gunnison all Summer!!

We tried it towards the end of our first couples holiday and quite simply found AN so relaxing that we have just booked our 6th or 7th two week holiday. My wife does not feel she is stared at as happens when she is topless on a regular beach. Yes people look and then look away, some at Negril stare as they pass along the shore but unless you sit at the front what can they actually see from 50or 100 feet away. AN=relaxing to us, roll on July

Hi..I am sitting in my kitchen 1 day after our return from Couples San Souci. This was our first visit.

Like all middle aged couples were were nervous about the au natural aspect but it was something we wished to try. We did it
    First tip - Its ok to take your clothes off when you reach the pool area and not be like us neophytes who stripped down at the sign and ran for the beach chairs.
    We finally walked over the pool and had a fabulous time where we met many couples that we will keep in contact with.

We have been to other resorts and thought CSS measured up quite well. Our room was over on the non renovated side but for us this is a place to lay our head after a day of fun and sun. It was rustic, but clean. Water ran fine and I drank the tap ( all my concerns)

The food was above average to excellent. Wished I had spent one more night dining at Casanova as that was my fav.

We had heard of many couples becoming repeat visitors and always scratched our heads thinging "this won't be us" It's a nice place but..we like to try different places. Well this afternoon my lovely wife has started to connect w the group that we will meet when we return to CSS next year. We have become one of them

Great place good time and perhaps one of the best vacations we have ever had! Thanks to the amazing staff who were so accommodating and courteous!

Bill and Diane

D&B

We just got home also...we very much enjoyed meeting both of you and really hope we can do it again in the future. It was easy to see how quickly you embraced the AN experience and your feelings and apprehensions in that first few minutes mirrored ours exactly. It always amazes me how once the clothes come off the friendships form very quickly. Perhaps when we leave our clothes at the sign, we leave some inhibitions there along with them.

Please make sure to include us when you contact everyone. It's probably incumbent upon all of us to go back and check on the well being of the volleyball

You are now officially one of "those people"!!

Dan & Jill

Bumping this, first timers write about your AN experience please

I think this thread may have had its' day Dadofsprout5. It's a shame as it has proved useful to many but to be honest. there are many pages of experiences which pretty much all saying the same thing. I think the message may well have been delivered and any newbie will have no doubt what the views of others who have tried are!

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast