Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Almost single digits now before we take off from blighty for two glorious weeks on SSB. If any of you are going to be there, we'll catch you soon!

Sounds like most reviews are from SSB at CSS. Any reviews on the island at CTI?

Quote Originally Posted by Elisen81 View Post
    Sounds like most reviews are from SSB at CSS. Any reviews on the island at CTI?
    Go back one page in this thread, 'Feedback After Your Vacation', (to page 10; second post from the top) for my note on our stay at CTI last year and of the 'au naturel' experience on the island.

Murtle,

You really need to come join my CSS fans group !!!

Default Excellent vacation

We came back from CSS on the 24th after 8 great days... For me SSB was the Cherry on top. It was our first time really socializing in the buff. My wife didn't want to get into the ocean too much which eventually led us to the pool because it was hot last week. It took a lot of courage for both of us, and while it took me a few walks to the bar and bathroom to get comfortable, it took her much longer, but eventually she started to absorb the Au-naturale experience.
    Thank you all who were there for making us feel comfortable and let us enjoy our time at SSB.

We came back from CSS on the 24th after 8 great days... For me SSB was the Cherry on top. It was our first time really socializing in the buff. My wife didn't want to get into the ocean too much which eventually led us to the pool because it was hot last week. It took a lot of courage for both of us, and while it took me a few walks to the bar and bathroom to get comfortable, it took her much longer, but eventually she started to absorb the Au-naturale experience.
    Thank you all who were there for making us feel comfortable and let us enjoy our time at SSB.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerx69 View Post
    We were there! Glad you guys enjoyed SSB!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13
    CSS 4/12-4/24/15

We got home on the 30th from our first trip to a couples resort (Sans Souci) and we are already making plans for next year. It was the greatest AI resort we have ever stayed in; the food, the people and the ambiance make it what it is. My wife said to me after 4 days that until now, we didn't really know what an all inclusive resort could be.
    Our vacation really began from the moment the gentleman at the airport lounge took our bags and said "welcome Home", from there on in it just got better. Arrival and check in was friendly and efficient and we were in our room, enjoying a cold Red Stripe from the mini bar, in no time. The room was a little dated but it met our criteria for a resort room. It was clean, well stocked with towels, had great shower pressure and no shortage of hot water.
    The next morning, we ventured over to SSB and what a surprise awaited us. We have been to nude beaches before but not with a setup like this. Nice beach with lots of shade, pool with swim up bar, bathrooms, lunch served there so no need to dress and head over to the other side to eat, incredible staff, and the friendliest people I've ever had the fortune to meet.
    Overall it was a top notch vacation that we can see ourselves repeating as long as possible. From the beach to the restaurants, from an incredible and friendly staff to management that will take the time to talk and listen to guests.

The only thing that was a little cloud in our vacay came on the last 4 days we stayed. Up until the 25th, you could walk out onto SSB at 10:00am and get a shaded lounger, no problem. On the 25th, 2 groups descended on SSB and everything changed. They would use towels to reserve loungers the night before and then not show up until lunch time, I also heard one lady by the pool directing 3 other couples to loungers that she had reserved for them. A lot of them would also reserve loungers on the beach and then spend the day in the pool. I'm on vacation and don't want top be getting up at dawn just to have a bit of shade on the beach.

It was a pleasure to meet Murtle and Mrs. Murtel at CSS. See you next year, if not sooner,Chuck & Linda.

Does anyone know when the resort next door will reopen? How long is our "reprieve", so to speak, from people walking across our beach? We're back home in early February.

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Murtle,

You really need to come join my CSS fans group !!!
    Hi Novastar. To which 'fans group' do you refer?

Murtle,

I refer to the Facebook group. You know many other guests who are in it. Just search "Couples Sans Souci Fans"

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Murtle,

I refer to the Facebook group. You know many other guests who are in it. Just search "Couples Sans Souci Fans"

I have one strictly for SSB fans as well - but it's a secret group and you have to be a FB friend of someone in the group so they can add you....

Gotcha. Request sent. Am already member of the CSS-SSB group. Thank you.

We took our first trip to CSS earlier this month (May 2-9) and had our first AN experience at SSB. We had an awesome time and wanted to share our experience with the board and anyone who's considering trying SSB.

First, what many others have said about the welcoming, friendly, and non-judgmental atmosphere at SSB is absolutely true. And depending on your inclination and comfort level, you can either make friends and socialize or just chill and do your own thing.

On our first day at SSB, we mostly hung out on the right side of the beach. The people we ran into when we got up to go to the bar, get lunch, etc. were friendly in a laidback way, and there were plenty of other couples who, like us, were just enjoying each other's company.

On our second day at SSB, we ventured into the pool to try and meet some of the other folks. Long story short, we headed for the bar, said hi to someone, and before we knew it, we were doing a lemon drop toast with a group of people and being introduced to Bob Marley shots! We went back to SSB every day for the rest of our stay and split our time between swimming in the sea and chatting with our new friends in the pool.

Yes, being AN was a little weird at first, but it didn't take long to get comfortable. There was no staring/gawking, rude comments, or creepy vibe. Basically, everyone acts like it's perfectly natural and pretty soon you'll start feeling that way, too. And in any case, you'll be having too good a time to think about it!

SSB is lovely--we actually liked the SSB beach much more than the main beach--but the people at SSB are what really make it special. The ones we met on our trip were regulars who already knew each other, but they still made us feel welcome and like we were part of the gang. So here's a shout-out to these lovely folks...we hope to see you all again sometime soon!

M & S, W & B, and C & J from PA
    R & J from OR

Cheers,

M & J from PA

Quote Originally Posted by mj15 View Post
    We took our first trip to CSS earlier this month (May 2-9) and had our first AN experience at SSB. We had an awesome time and wanted to share our experience with the board and anyone who's considering trying SSB.

First, what many others have said about the welcoming, friendly, and non-judgmental atmosphere at SSB is absolutely true. And depending on your inclination and comfort level, you can either make friends and socialize or just chill and do your own thing.

On our first day at SSB, we mostly hung out on the right side of the beach. The people we ran into when we got up to go to the bar, get lunch, etc. were friendly in a laidback way, and there were plenty of other couples who, like us, were just enjoying each other's company.

On our second day at SSB, we ventured into the pool to try and meet some of the other folks. Long story short, we headed for the bar, said hi to someone, and before we knew it, we were doing a lemon drop toast with a group of people and being introduced to Bob Marley shots! We went back to SSB every day for the rest of our stay and split our time between swimming in the sea and chatting with our new friends in the pool.

Yes, being AN was a little weird at first, but it didn't take long to get comfortable. There was no staring/gawking, rude comments, or creepy vibe. Basically, everyone acts like it's perfectly natural and pretty soon you'll start feeling that way, too. And in any case, you'll be having too good a time to think about it!

SSB is lovely--we actually liked the SSB beach much more than the main beach--but the people at SSB are what really make it special. The ones we met on our trip were regulars who already knew each other, but they still made us feel welcome and like we were part of the gang. So here's a shout-out to these lovely folks...we hope to see you all again sometime soon!

M & S, W & B, and C & J from PA
    R & J from OR

Cheers,

M & J from PA
    Being from PA you guys should check out SunnyRest Lodge, it's a great summertime hangout (no pun intended)
    Francine & Jay

Quote Originally Posted by 1STIMERS View Post
    Being from PA you guys should check out SunnyRest Lodge, it's a great summertime hangout (no pun intended)
    LOL! Thanks for the tip!

My wife and I recently returned from a May trip to Couples Sans Souci. We loved the resort. Beautiful grounds, excellent food, wonderful staff. The Jamaican people were so kind and friendly towards us, it just puts you in a good mood from the get-go. The rooms are also nice, but when the remodel project is completed, I suspect the rooms will be even more fabulous.

Now on to the Au Natural experience. If you read some of my earlier comments here in the forum, then you know my wife was having some serious anxiety about going over to Sunset Beach. Her apprehension continued right up to the day we were departing for Jamaica. I really wanted to spend time on SSB, but wasn't sure we were going to be able to pull it off. Long story short, my wife was a REAL trooper. We went over to SSB the first day, even before our room was ready. Started off to the far side of Sunset Beach, but it wasn't all that long before we found ourselves in the pool talking to some really great couples. Everyone was really nice to us, and just let us do our thing. No pressures, no judgment, just acceptance.

It took quite a bit of courage for my wife to walk to the bar/pool area, but she grew more comfortable with it over time. Being able to dip into the pool helped her too, I think, but she still spent time above water as well. For me, I think I was born to be au natural, so I felt very comfortable from the beginning. We even got in a game or two of pool volleyball, which was a blast. As it turned out, we spent at least several hours every day of our trip on SSB. It was a very relaxing place with a nice little naked vibe, which made it so much fun.

SSB was quite busy most of the days we were there. 40-50 people were there at certain times, maybe more. There was a great mixture of ages in the couples. I would say ages ranged from the 20s to the 70s with the majority of folks in their 40s and 50s. But all the age groups seem to mix together very well, and I was glad to see that. Some couples would keep pretty much to themselves, which was just fine, while others like us mixed time between the shade huts, the water, and the pool area. Still other couples liked the pool scene the best and spent most of the time mingling there. It was all good!

For our first time, I would say that our AN experience was a great success. I think other couples reaching out to us and making us feel welcomed helped ease my wife into the experience. After awhile her nakedness became less of a big deal, and so her comfort level rose quite a bit. My wife was initially terrified at the thought of exposing her 50 something body to the world, but once you get there and see everyone on a level playing field, it's like what the heck, everyone's pretty much the same under all these clothes, just go with the flow.

As a final thought, we are sure the other Couples AN Resorts are top notch, but we prefer the seclusion and size of SSB over other options. Not only do you have the secluded beach and pool, but for goodness sakes, they bring drinks and food right to you there! I'm sure other couples might like CTI or Negril better, and that's great. But for us, SSB seems like the perfect spot, so WE WILL BE BACK!

Default Just returned home Saturday 30th

Quote Originally Posted by 1STIMERS View Post
    Great trip to San souci again
    The people are amazing. Just a couple minor issues- mini bar stocking was unacceptable. Pre registered - empty at arrival. Filled out cards daily asking only for diet cokes and water. I even left "tip" without success. In our trading places day on Friday they left us sitting in Lobby despite arriving at 825 and checking in it was a waste of time anyway. Not impressed with TI at all. The island was so boring... Tiny pool that was being cleaned until after 11. It's ok I guess just not even close to SSB
    SSB is great. Big beach/ pool/hottub. The people last week were a lot of fun
    The food was good daily. The Friday night gala was great as was food at casa nova
    Big shout out to Eorl and Oshain as well as Spaghetti and Milton

The entertainment acts were very good
    Hope to return next year

Feel free to email me with questions or for pictures
    Bcoffman2@gmail.com

Me and my wife just returned from an awesome weeks vacation at CTI. We were new to the AN thing and I'm not going to lie, pretty nervous about trying it!! Well guess what, we went for it and we loved it!! The advice other guests give you here on the message boards are all true! There is no judging, staring or pointing! It's the most social and accepting place you could be! We met so many friendly people there and we are so glad we did it!! So like everyone has said here, if it's something you want to experience, just go for it, because once you go...you will know!!
    Cheers Ken

Hey 1stimers- we are also from PA and go to SunnyRest once or twice a year. It is a fun place!

Duane & Mary

dsolid15,
    We squabbled a little on your original post and I am so VERY glad that you took your trip to paradise and that your wife enjoyed SSB!!
    Now you understand the phrase....once you go, you will know.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    dsolid15,
    We squabbled a little on your original post and I am so VERY glad that you took your trip to paradise and that your wife enjoyed SSB!!
    Now you understand the phrase....once you go, you will know.
    Well thanks Jeanne! While SSB was certainly out of my wife's comfort zone, I think she enjoyed herself overall and met some really nice people. And although some commenters here were concerned about me for some reason, I am happy to report that I was a perfect gentleman during my time at SSB. I had a wonderful time and hope to be back to CSS in the relatively near future. A top notch resort with first class au natural facilities is hard to beat. It's really a fabulous place.

October isn't good for us due to my wife's work, but if you ever go in May, we would be happy to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by dsolid15 View Post
    Well thanks Jeanne! While SSB was certainly out of my wife's comfort zone, I think she enjoyed herself overall and met some really nice people. And although some commenters here were concerned about me for some reason, I am happy to report that I was a perfect gentleman during my time at SSB. I had a wonderful time and hope to be back to CSS in the relatively near future. A top notch resort with first class au natural facilities is hard to beat. It's really a fabulous place.

October isn't good for us due to my wife's work, but if you ever go in May, we would be happy to meet you!

EXCELLENT! The first round of drinks is on me, LOL!!!
    Peace!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I'm 38, wife is 35. We briefly spoke of going to the AN beach in advance, or just having her go topless on the main beach instead. We both really wanted to swim free, we've taken our clothes off out far before and just let them float around, but we had never walked on the beach naked. After a few drinks, and some vitamin g, we said screw it and dropped trow at the sign. (Oops, didn't realize you don't have to do that the first time... ) We put our stuff down, and then basically dashed for the water. It was so awesome swimming around, enjoying the ocean, unencumbered by clothes. The first time we got out, I was very self conscious, but I started to melt into the "yeah we all have the same parts, etc, so who cares?".

Day two we were again apprehensive and feeling less courageous, but did it anyway, and even went up to the bar which was a big step. The more we did it, the more our cares washed away. We realized that nobody was going to be critical of my body (which has things to be critical about) or my wife's which is perfect in my mind. There after we only swam in the AN section, and despite sticking to our selves we had a FANTASTIC time doing it, and I'm really proud of us that we had the courage too. We would have missed out on something very special for us had we not done it.

Now the thing I do find strange... and logistically I guess it's the uncrowded part.. but the weddings sure do get an eyeful.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast